Is there or is there not?

CathyG

Last month when I was reading about the Sapphire I took a picture of the Sterling Steak House. Since we are booked on her for a Christmas cruise I was wondering where it was located. I found Sabatini's on deck 7 but couldn't find Sterling. On the deck plans (public areas) it shows that it's on deck 14 but still couldn't find it. We called Princess and they said it was on the ship but they didn't know where. How could they not know? So, for all you Sapphire cruisers, I know you can tell me where it's located. Thanks so much. Cathy

They section a portion of the buffet off for it, not a very nice ambiance. I didn't care for it the time i tried it. service was mediocre, meals arrived a different times and he steaks had been pre-seasoned with herbs that were awful.

Well gee, the menu looked good. We may have to rethink this but thanks for the heads up.

I copied the menu from someone elses review. Just went to file, print preview, enlarged it and printed it.

Cathy

Last month when I was reading about the Sapphire I took a picture of the Sterling Steak House. Since we are booked on her for a Christmas cruise I was wondering where it was located. I found Sabatini's on deck 7 but couldn't find Sterling. On the deck plans (public areas) it shows that it's on deck 14 but still couldn't find it. We called Princess and they said it was on the ship but they didn't know where. How could they not know? So, for all you Sapphire cruisers, I know you can tell me where it's located. Thanks so much. Cathy

They neglected to proofread the deck plans for accuracy & didn't catch their mistake of not showing it in their deck plan. I believe if you view the Diamond's deck plan you'll see the correct location for Sterling's Steakhouse. :D

The original plans for the drydock earlier this year showed a Crown Grill taking up part of one of the small AT dining rooms & removing Sterling's. These changes were shown in last year's deck plans however when the Crown Grill was not added they obviously made a mistake by not showing Sterling's instead...oops! :eek:

They section a portion of the buffet off for it, not a very nice ambiance. I didn't care for it the time i tried it. service was mediocre, meals arrived a different times and he steaks had been pre-seasoned with herbs that were awful.

We ate in Sterlings twice on the Sapphire and May and enjoyed the food -- the service was very good too (especially the maitre d' who looked after us very well). Will agree that the ambiance is not neary as pleasant as a Crown Grill.

Ambience isn't as nice as the Crown Grill on the newer ships, but I mostly hear that people have had really good food in the Sterling Steakhouse. I haven't been to one in a few years, but I think I will try it in December. Since it's in the Horizon Court area you can often get a great view of the ocean and, perhaps, sunset. Go, have fun.

We have been to Sterlings on three occasions and have enjoyed the service and the food. We're looking forward to eating there again on our upcoming South Pacific cruise. The various steaks are top grade and prepared well. Yes, the ambiance is not as nice as the Crown Grill, however, the food was excellent.

I agree. It is a patch job and not very inviting for the money. Go to Sabbatini's instead.

We ate in Sterlings twice on the Sapphire and May and enjoyed the food -- the service was very good too (especially the maitre d' who looked after us very well). Will agree that the ambiance is not neary as pleasant as a Crown Grill.
I've eaten in both the Sterling Steakhouse and Crown Grill a number of times. The area is sectioned off with screens so even though it's in part of the Buffet, no one is looking in and it's easy to forget where you are. The tables have tablecloths and the settings are nicely done. Most of the tables are along the window with nice views. It's not like a pub, doesn't look like a steakhouse, and lacks some ambiance. Frankly, that doesn't matter a whit to me. I care far more about the people I'm with, the food I've ordered and the service... not whether the walls are dark wood and the lighting dimmed. I've had some truly excellent meals in the Sterling Steakhouse and plan on going on my Island cruise next month. I do not plan on going to Sabatinis, which is my last choice for alternative dining.

Archived