after your cruise...invoice online???

only1deejay

I just completed my 1st cruise ever and choose princess...had a great time..but noticed that the website should have a final invoice posted online. it does not...and magically my cruise price was reduced weeks before sailing...so I emailed princess was told that I would receive OBC for difference...never did...didn't really challenge it while onboard and was hopping for a credit back to my credit card when I got home. again..never happened.

Now..since my cruise personalizer is no longer showing my cruise since it's now over...how do I prove that I should be given a refund of the difference in price or should I just forget about it??

Except for move over offers, I have never heard of OBC for refunds for price decreases. Princess always refunds to the credit card.

Keep us informed.

A couple of years ago, we were given a $900 OBC when the price went down after final payment and our TA went to bat for us with Princess.

I just completed my 1st cruise ever and choose princess...had a great time..but noticed that the website should have a final invoice posted online. it does not...and magically my cruise price was reduced weeks before sailing...so I emailed princess was told that I would receive OBC for difference...never did...didn't really challenge it while onboard and was hopping for a credit back to my credit card when I got home. again..never happened.

Now..since my cruise personalizer is no longer showing my cruise since it's now over...how do I prove that I should be given a refund of the difference in price or should I just forget about it??

Always take with you on the cruise paperwork showing any OBC you are getting. Princess, for whatever reason as a problem communicating this to the ship.

A couple of years ago, we were given a $900 OBC when the price went down after final payment and our TA went to bat for us with Princess.

This is pretty rare. They usually refund direct to the credit card.

It must have been a non-standard reduction (TA went to bat for you). If it was a normal reduction, it would go back to credit card.

I booked direct with princess...after I emailed CS..got a call from princess rep saying OBC for the difference...of course once onboard they don't have any record...and I find it kind of dumb that the website cannot track previous invoices online or at least make it available for download for the guest.

also...it seems that when you get your cruise card at the dock and they swipe your CC# for on board spending...that info never gets to the front desk once aboard...I was called to the desk to post a cash deposit since my info was never uploaded....what's the point of getting CC# at the dock if it never gets to the front desk...princess seems to be lacking on the technology front....or does not want to invest the money..sadly.

I booked direct with princess...after I emailed CS..got a call from princess rep saying OBC for the difference...of course once onboard they don't have any record...and I find it kind of dumb that the website cannot track previous invoices online or at least make it available for download for the guest.

also...it seems that when you get your cruise card at the dock and they swipe your CC# for on board spending...that info never gets to the front desk once aboard...I was called to the desk to post a cash deposit since my info was never uploaded....what's the point of getting CC# at the dock if it never gets to the front desk...princess seems to be lacking on the technology front....or does not want to invest the money..sadly.

Actually, you really should input your credit card on the Princess website... That way, you do not have to do it at the dock or at the front desk.

About the first problem, you are probably out of luck since the ship has sailed... Next time, and this goes for all cruise lines, get something in writing, or use a travel agent. These are very common first time cruiser mistakes and most of us have made them, so you are not alone.

Glad you had a good time though.

Actually, you really should input your credit card on the Princess website... That way, you do not have to do it at the dock or at the front desk.

About the first problem, you are probably out of luck since the ship has sailed... Next time, and this goes for all cruise lines, get something in writing, or use a travel agent. These are very common first time cruiser mistakes and most of us have made them, so you are not alone.

Glad you had a good time though.

Actually, you really should input your credit card on the Princess website... That way, you do not have to do it at the dock or at the front desk

Actually, you really should input your credit card on the Princess website... That way, you do not have to do it at the dock or at the front desk

we have to put our CC details on the Princess website and again at the dock when we check in so purser has the details then

we have to put our CC details on the Princess website and again at the dock when we check in so purser has the details then

If you are using the same CC that you entered in the Personalizer, then you no longer need to present it when you check in for the cruise.

If you are using the same CC that you entered in the Personalizer, then you no longer need to present it when you check in for the cruise.

We always put our credit card on personalizer but they still swipe it at check in. Have never seen it done any other way.

We always put our credit card on personalizer but they still swipe it at check in. Have never seen it done any other way.

We have not had ours swiped (or even presented) at check-in for the last two years.

Sometimes they ask if we want to use the pre-registered credit card, sometimes they do not.

Archived