Requesting table sizes

Hi all,

For all our cruises we have requested and recieved a table size of 4, so it was just our family on the table in the main dining room. However we been sat with many lovely people at breakfast in the MDR, and so we are thinking of requesting a larger table so we get seated with others.

Is it possible to request something like an 8 person table size? That would be our limit, as any larger and you can't talk with everyone on the table.

For those of you who prefer dining with others, what is your preferred table size?

Those of you who have requested a larger table size than your party, have you got what you asked for?

Thanks,

littlesteelo :)

We LOVE tablemates and always request a large table. Even a 10-top will do, as some folks won't be there every night, so you will still have folks to chat with....generally speaking, you won't be conversing with more than 1 or 2 folks at a time, anyway.

Here's another thing you can try if you discover you do not care for the table you were assigned or its location. The day you board, check right away in the MDR to see where your table is and its size. If you are not pleased, go see the maitre d' and if he can, he will change your table. There is often a line of passengers at the maitre d' asking for changes.

RCI almost never will guarantee that you will have the exact table you want, but they will try if there is a way at all. Sometimes it may involve changing the time you time.

We are Diamond PLus and we are supposed to get priority seating, but on a cruise on Freedom last February even that didn't work unless we were willing to take late dining.

Your chances are best if the cruise isn't one of those sold out, fully packed cruises.

We will sailing next May for our family reunion on the rhapsody. There are confirmed 11 right now, maybe 13. Can RCI accomodate that many people or should we split up our table?

On our last cruise we had 12. We had to go to the dining room on the first day and request that they put two tables together to seat us all. They did accomodate us. This was on Adventure of the Seas.

Hi all,

For all our cruises we have requested and recieved a table size of 4, so it was just our family on the table in the main dining room. However we been sat with many lovely people at breakfast in the MDR, and so we are thinking of requesting a larger table so we get seated with others.

Is it possible to request something like an 8 person table size? That would be our limit, as any larger and you can't talk with everyone on the table.

For those of you who prefer dining with others, what is your preferred table size?

Those of you who have requested a larger table size than your party, have you got what you asked for?

Thanks,

See this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1699402&highlight=dining+table

We sent a request to rcldining@rccl.com and they were happy to accomodate us for our Nov 2 cruise on Brilliance of the Seas.

We will sailing next May for our family reunion on the rhapsody. There are confirmed 11 right now, maybe 13. Can RCI accomodate that many people or should we split up our table?

Twice we had a table for 10.

That was much too large.

I would not want more than 8 at a table.

Here's another thing you can try if you discover you do not care for the table you were assigned or its location. The day you board, check right away in the MDR to see where your table is and its size. If you are not pleased, go see the maitre d' and if he can, he will change your table. There is often a line of passengers at the maitre d' asking for changes.

We even recommend this, but we were surprised on our Allure cruise the MDR was closed right after boarding for a private event and we couldn't get in. Worked out OK, but there was no option to speak with anyone. After being put with a non-english speaking russian couple a while back, we prefer a table size to meet our party. Nothing like awkward stare and nods for an hour. Luckily the head waiter moved them when he found out the next night. He earned his tip and more.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Yes, you can request a table top of 2, 4, 6, 8 or even 10 or 12. When purchasing your cruise just request the table top size and where you would like it. They have codes but I do not know them.

DW and I ordered an 8 top next to the window. It shows on our revervation.

Thanks all for the advice. I think I will send an email off and try and get an 8 top near a window. It will be nice to try something different this time.

Should I send the request now, or wait until closer to the cruise?

When is your cruise?? I sent my request approx. 2 months before my cruise and they handled it for me.

This Tuesday when we booked the Allure for early dinner, the TA was on the phone with RCI and asked us what size table we would like to be seated at, our choices were 6-8-or-10.

We chose 8.

That was a first for us, being asked.

Hope we once again get nice or should I say great dinner families.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Archived