Bringing Drivks Onboard

I Luv Crusin

I've just spent 15 minutes or so looking for information about taking bottles of wine and/or soda aboard HAL ships and I guess I'm just looking in the wrong place?

Does someone have this information or can you direct me to it?

thanks!

I just returned from my first HAL cruise in a long time, and I had trouble finding the information as well. On HAL you can bring as much wine and soda as you want. No beer or hard liquor. And it can be in either your carry-on or checked bags. I never did find the information on HAL's website. I relied on postings from fellow CC members. Enjoy your cruise!

No disrespect to the OP intended, but isn't it about time we get a "Sticky" on this subject. It is only asked about several times a week. :rolleyes:

No!

There are more than enough stickies as it is. I, for one don't want to scroll down half the first page before I even begin to reach current threads. There's a lot of other questions that are frequently asked. Should there be a sticky for every one of them????? No.

It's not hard to answer a simple question, and the thread is easily skipped if you don't care to read it.

No disrespect to the OP intended, but isn't it about time we get a "Sticky" on this subject. It is only asked about several times a week. :rolleyes:

See page 6 of document:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/KBYG.pdf

thanks! I DID look before asking. And I didn't see the Amsterdam thread probably because I was thinking Westerdam!

No!

There are more than enough stickies as it is. I, for one don't want to scroll down half the first page before I even begin to reach current threads. There's a lot of other questions that are frequently asked. Should there be a sticky for every one of them????? No.

It's not hard to answer a simple question, and the thread is easily skipped if you don't care to read it.

Then we wonder why the boards get so slow, when the database that saves all the messages just keeps getting bigger and bigger, with the same answers to the same questions.

Then we wonder why the boards get so slow, when the database that saves all the messages just keeps getting bigger and bigger, with the same answers to the same questions.

The board isn't slow. At least, it isn't slow if you don't have dial-up.

Besides, just having a sticky doesn't stop the questions from being asked. It doesn't take much reading to figure that out.

If you want to speed things up on your computer, go into User CP and turn off avatars, images, and signatures. That cleans out most everything that takes up bandwidth and loading time. Just turning avatars and images off is a huge savings, since there's practically nothing left to load.

The board isn't slow. At least, it isn't slow if you don't have dial-up.

Besides, just having a sticky doesn't stop the questions from being asked. It doesn't take much reading to figure that out.

If you want to speed things up on your computer, go into User CP and turn off avatars, images, and signatures. That cleans out most everything that takes up bandwidth and loading time. Just turning avatars and images off is a huge savings, since there's practically nothing left to load.

Thank-you, I don't have dial-up and I do have all the above turned off. I wasn't saying the boards are slow this very second, but you have to admit there are periodically times when there are problems with the response time on this website. Sorry, we're getting off topic, I'm stepping away from my keyboard.

Thank-you, I don't have dial-up and I do have all the above turned off. I wasn't saying the boards are slow this very second, but you have to admit there are periodically times when there are problems with the response time on this website.

usually just when people are arguing/complaining about drinks/dresscode/tipping/smoking threads...

Computers and the servers that host the database and messages get faster so that isn't really an issue. :D

Maybe if the search feature on the HAL website was better there wouldn't be as many inquires! :o

The search worked fine for me I just typed in Bringing soda aboard and got 498 threads ie bringing soda,bringing alcohol,bringing milk,bringing prune juice (most popular)

The search worked fine for me I just typed in Bringing soda aboard and got 498 threads ie bringing soda,bringing alcohol,bringing milk,bringing prune juice (most popular)

The person said the HAL website - not the cruise critic website :rolleyes:

and the HAL website is not easy for a newbie - neither are several of the other cruise line websites:D

and the HAL website is not easy for a newbie - neither are several of the other cruise line websites:D

How does someone with 2000+ posts qualify as a "Newbie" ? :rolleyes: ;)

See page 6 of document:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/KBYG.pdf

No we do not need a sticky!!

There were too manhy for a very long time -- nearly half way down the page.

Thankfully some of them are gone.

Well... I feel like I'm wearing prosthetic shoes for I

"Stand Corrected":rolleyes:

No we do not need a sticky!!

There were too manhy for a very long time -- nearly half way down the page.

Thankfully some of them are gone.

I agree. The only way I'll ever reach 60,000 posts is if I get to provide the same answers to the same questions about 100 times a day.

I meant the search on HAL's website! I had no idea I was going to start such a discussion!

Actually, it is our 2nd HAL cruise! And I hope there will be many more!!! But our first was on the Veendam, 6 years ago!

Enjoy your cruise! We've been on the Westerdam three times and it's one of our favorite ships.

Smooth sailing...

Archived