Waiting Impatiently for early saver response!

BURNS1

sent in mine on saturday got verification today.... woohoo $10 each lol ok just checked my prices for today.... :D woohoo both cruises are down just sent in both early saver forms hope i didnt mix up the booking #'s $40 each cruise :D :D This is the first cruise since early saver started that we have ever had price drops!!

The time taken to approve ES price drops has gotten longer lately. I have been tracking my requests for Halloween on the Conquest: submitted 8/9 approved on 8/10 for $20 obc, submitted on 8/16 approved 8/17 for $40 obc, submitted on 9/5 approved on 9/10 for $60, submitted yesterday for $100 obc ....no answer yet. I really dont think the price can or will get much lower. I'm a happy Early Saver.....so I'll wait a few more days!

The time taken to approve ES price drops has gotten longer lately. I have been tracking my requests for Halloween on the Conquest: submitted 8/9 approved on 8/10 for $20 obc, submitted on 8/16 approved 8/17 for $40 obc, submitted on 9/5 approved on 9/10 for $60, submitted yesterday for $100 obc ....no answer yet. I really dont think the price can or will get much lower. I'm a happy Early Saver.....so I'll wait a few more days!

I have been trying to get a price drop on my ES rate since about 8 or 9 days ago. It started at $60....now it's up to $100 and despite calling and submitting the form three or four times, still nothing. No response and no adjustment. I have checked my spam several times too.

I have been trying to get a price drop on my ES rate since about 8 or 9 days ago. It started at $60....now it's up to $100 and despite calling and submitting the form three or four times, still nothing. No response and no adjustment. I have checked my spam several times too.

Have you received their "auto response" that they received your form? I get that within hours of submitting. I'd call again.

I also submitted the form on Saturday AM (9/8) and am still waiting. I don't think that department works on the weekend so I'm sure they're backlogged.

Just got my new Cabin Confirmation from the price drop form I submitted on Sat. 9/8.

that has happend to me twice the price was adjusted but no email at all so i just check the web site if i dont get a email on it within a couple of days know i have had isses filling out the form from some computeres when i putting in mutiple forms as on one of my computers it will kee[p the last one filled and lose the rest dont know why so i quit using that computer to enter the price drops as i have mutiple cruises booked and 7 cabins on my upcoming jan cruise so i amke shurei recive an email for each form filled

They said that I was trying to price match down.NOT.I BOOKED 4A then got a upgrade to 4K for past guest.The price reduction.is listed as free upgrades from 4a. Now that I have already been upstaged they are trying to say my upgrade was from 4e to 4k. Even though the price for all the inside cabins is the same they are basing it on upgrades.I sent a nice e-mail stating that my ORIGINAL BOOKING WAS A 4A NOT A 4E. The discounted offer still listed free upgrades on all INSIDE room categories. What dose everyone think ???

They said that I was trying to price match down.NOT.I BOOKED 4A then got a upgrade to 4K for past guest.The price reduction.is listed as free upgrades from 4a. Now that I have already been upstaged they are trying to say my upgrade was from 4e to 4k. Even though the price for all the inside cabins is the same they are basing it on upgrades.I sent a nice e-mail stating that my ORIGINAL BOOKING WAS A 4A NOT A 4E. The discounted offer still listed free upgrades on all INSIDE room categories. What dose everyone think ???

You upgraded to a 4K for the price of a 4A. If (however you do it) you can now book that 4K for a fare lower than that original 4A fare, you should be entitled to an adjustment. ken

I'm glad to hear some people are hearing back from then. I submitted mine 3 times now: 9/4, 9/10, and again today 9/14. Have not heard a word back.

Are you getting the automated email reply from Carnival when you first submit? (It says that your request could take 7-10 days.)Perhaps you're not filling it out correctly? I submitted two different forms on Monday and received the emails today that both were approved. Make sure you are matching to your same category (not just same deck). I always explain everything in the comments section: (originally booked ES rate, then I type out the original fare + taxes& fees = total) then explain where & when I found cheaper fare, what fare code I'm matching against (past guest, senior rate, etc.) and then the new info (new fare + taxes & fees = total) then ask for difference in price. Knock on wood....it always works for me!

I finally called this morning. The nice lady I talked to gave me the upgrade! She said to submit the Early Saver form. After I told her I did, she went ahead and took care of it for me. My son will be excited!

Added note: She did say they were backed up on requests.

So you got the upgrade over the phone? That is encouraging. Otherwise if you just want to upgrade to a certain category, no say in which cabin it is. To me the location of the particular cabin can make a huge difference. Like if it is under the galley or some other bad area.

Burns ( Original OP)

Haven't read all the post but for any ES that has been paid in full, if you look at your cruise docs with itemized payments it will show up there as OBC.

Carnival doesn't necesarily tell you it just shows up. At least that's what happened in my case.

Not showing in my docs and have not heard from Carnival. Sent in my voucher for FCC or whatever it is called. You know...book your next cruise while one this one..and even that $ 100.00 isn't showing up but I did see the 100.00 credit off my credit card statement. I paid in full when I booked the cruise. Called carnival and they said the credit is there. We leave soon and still no room. Sent in price drop of HUNDREDS do dollars...early saver..heard nothing back. It has been a good month. Called e-solutions and got them to fill it out FOR me since I had not even received a reply but had copy in SENT folder. Still have not heard a word.

Guess I will not get anything as OBC or upgrade.

My TA submitted a price drop for us yesterday and she received a response back from Carnival stating it could take between 7 - 10 days to receive a response. UGH! I don't sail until November but I sure would like to add $50 OBC.

I love the fact that the form says this:

PRICE PROTECTION CLAIM FORM

The price protection applies to Early Saver bookings only. Please complete the claim form below to submit your Price Protection request. We'll review your claim within 2 business days and if it meets the Price Protection requirements, we will process your onboard credit for the fare difference and send you an email confirmation.

If you booked your cruise with a travel agent and need to make a Price Protection Claim, simply contact your travel agent and they will submit it for you.

Two days, my butt.

I submitted 2 forms (I have 2 cabins booked) on Saturday morning and I'm still waiting to hear. I've always had a response within a day or two. I'm assuming lots of people submitted forms....I'll give it a week and then I'm calling.

We have had 3 early saver price reductions since I originally booked the cruise several months ago.:D The 1st price reduction form I submitted was replied to in just a day or 2. The second took almost a week. The 3rd was just submitted this morning so there is no way of knowing how long it will take. I'll just keep checking my e-mail to see when I get a reply. If it comes through we will each have $50 of on board credit when we arrive for our cruise. :D:):D:)

I submitted my form over a week ago and got my email this monring. I was impressed that it went through because after I booked they applied a 20% discount to my account due to a previous cruise. They will did the price drop as I noted what the rate was prior to the 20% discount.

Question though - why did my rate go down as popposed to an onboard credit? Most people are saying htey got an onboard credit, not a lower priced cruise. Not complaining, just wondering

Archived