Men's dinner attire

Smartcookie

On non-formal nights, do most men wear a sports coat or is it acceptable to not wear one?

We're only doing a 7 night cruise, so my husband is deciding how many blazers to pack. Also if we're eating at Restaurant 2 or the Colonnade (vs. the Restaurant which looks more formal), would he would feel under dressed without one? I'm assuming those venues are more relaxed, but as it's our first time on Seabourn. I could be mistaken. :confused:

On non-formal nights, do most men wear a sports coat or is it acceptable to not wear one?

We're only doing a 7 night cruise, so my husband is deciding how many blazers to pack. Also if we're eating at Restaurant 2 or the Colonnade (vs. the Restaurant which looks more formal), would he would feel under dressed without one? I'm assuming those venues are more relaxed, but as it's our first time on Seabourn. I could be mistaken. :confused:

I always wear a jacket for any of the restaurants,with a tie for informal and without a tie for casual.

I always wear a jacket for any of the restaurants,with a tie for informal and without a tie for casual.

Of course, you're Mr. Luxury!

I was wondering if he would feel out of place if he wasn't wearing a jacket on the casual evenings. My guess is no, would love to hear from experienced Seabourn cruisers regarding the general population of guests.

I take a blazer and another jacket (plus suit or tux). I usually wear the blazer for travel (the pockets come in handy). If there is no formal night then you don't need the suit/tux.

Interesting to see what a variety of answers there are. We have noticed that the majority of men wearing suits/ties are not from the U.S. According to Regent's dress code, suits, ties or sports jackets are not necessary for cruises under 16 nights. However, there are a few times when Regent regulars enjoy dressing up:

1. The Captain's Reception -- Generally the 2nd night on board (if the first night is not in the port of embarkation). On this occasion, there is a special menu in CR and many people elect to dress up a bit (not formal by any means).

2. The night of the Seven Seas Society event (for repeat Regent customers)

3. Captain's Farewell -- Generally the 2nd night before disembarking the ship.

My DH does wear a sports jacket on these nights and when dining in Signatures. No tie unless we are dining with an Officer. It never hurts to throw a tie in with your luggage:-) One night he wore a sports jacket in P7 and felt so out of place that he removed it and hung it on the back of his chair.

On most nights, slacks and a button down shirt is perfect for men on Regent (polo shirts, etc. are also okay -- just look a bit dowdy IMHO)

Thank you everyone, all packed! He did take a tie.

My husband is leaving his tuxedo home as well, not worth it for one formal night. Besides, he doesn't have the room. I put all my shoes in his luggage. :p

Love it :)

Thank you everyone, all packed! He did take a tie.

My husband is leaving his tuxedo home as well, not worth it for one formal night. Besides, he doesn't have the room. I put all my shoes in his luggage. :p

Have a wonderful cruise.

Sounds like you'll have plenty of shoes. :D

Keith

Dan,

Maybe there's a secret Regent party on SB ships!

Personally, I never wear a jacket on casual nights and feel completely comfortable. The tuxedo, which I faithfully brought for years, now stays at home.

How about this for a rumo(u)r: Regent/Seabourn to merge formal nights.:eek: Back to topic, I will wear a sport coat in the MDR any time. Without tie for elegant casual. No sport coat at 2. I agree, the tux stays home now with the increasing bother on airlines and only one formal night. I take the tux on Cunard Transatlantics as I get more chance to wear it. Also, it depends on the destination. Caribbean is much more shirt, no tie than is the Med.:D

.... the increasing bother on airlines a....

Exactly, we have 20 kg p pax out of Australia and my husband's shoes weigh about that per pair, it's ridiculous. Impossible to bring all that palaver.

That is why I use the Valet Luggage Service. I do not even have to pick

the luggage up at anytime. Great Service.

I do champagne lifestyle on a beer budget: that's champagne lifestyle on a champagne budget. :p

Archived