Another RC Visa card points question...sorry!

royal girl

the 10K bonus is for new applications. The gal I talked to at RC says the 3X is new and they will get more info on it in the next few days. But she did say I can combine both as long as I follow the stated terms. The only thing I hope is that there are no max points for the 3X. I have a card which gives 5X but is maxed out at $2500 in purchases. If no max, I may charge a late 2013 cruise.

Thanks- that's how I read it as well concerning the 10,000 bonus points. I did not see a maximum amount listed in the terms, or I do not remember seeing one.

Time to book another cruise!!!:D:p:)

This is the email we received yesterday. I am assuming that the 10,000 points is only for a NEW account holder.

This holiday season, you can earn even more rewards toward cruise vacations with your Royal Caribbean Visa® credit card. During our 3 – 2 – 1 Holiday Promotion you can earn 3 ROYAL POINTS per $1 for your Royal Caribbean purchases, 2 POINTS per $1 for eligible gas and grocery purchases and at selected retailers, and 1 POINT per $1 for all other purchases.*

Make the most of your holiday shopping with this special offer, which ends January 5, 2013! 3 ROYAL POINTS PER $1 FOR

YOUR ROYAL CARIBBEAN

PURCHASES Earn triple points for your Royal Caribbean purchases, including cruise fares, onboard purchases and shore excursions*

2 ROYAL POINTS PER $1

FOR GAS, GROCERIES AND

AT SELECTED RETAILERS For a limited time, earn double points for everyday purchases like gas and groceries and 1 point per $1 for all other purchases* REDEEM

YOUR REWARDS

ONLINE Our online portal makes it easy to redeem your Royal Points for onboard credit, stateroom upgrades or cruise discounts

For TERMS & CONDITIONS

*Earn 1 Royal Point on all new net purchases (qualifying purchases less credits, returns, and adjustments) charged to your card. Between November 12, 2012 through January 5, 2013 you will earn 2 Royal Points (consisting of 1 bonus point and 1 base point) for net purchases at eligible gas, grocery and selected retail merchants and 3 Royal Points (consisting of 1 bonus point and 2 base points) for net purchases for Royal Caribbean purchases (the "Bonus Categories"). Eligible merchants and the associated merchant category codes ("MCC") for the Bonus Categories are the following: (a) Grocery Stores (MCC codes 5411, 5422, 5441, 5451, 5462, and 5499); and (b) Gas Stations (MCC codes 5541 and 5542) © Select Retail Merchants ).

**To receive 10,000 Bonus Royal Points (in addition to basic points, if any), make any purchase, balance transfer, or cash advance transaction with your new Royal Caribbean Rewards credit card account. Transaction must occur no later than the Closing Date of the second complete billing cycle ending after the account is opened. Bonus Points from this one-time offer will be credited to your account 8-12 weeks after you qualify. Bonus Points count towards yearly earnings limit. Refer to disclosures accompanying application for additional offer details

Did this email come from Royal Caribbean or Bank of America? BOA says they don't know anything about it.:eek:

Susan

• 1 month later...
just a side note re: RC VISA.....Got a RC email offering 3X points on RC purchases done by 1/5/13. So, if I apply for the card now, RC will give me $10K bonus points once my application is accepted. Then when I make my final payment on my 5/13 B2B on Allure I should get an additional $12K. That's a lot of OBC (and drinking) for 2 weeks! Called RC to confirm. Yes, you will get both bonus and 3X points.

...hmmm i didnt get that email? wonder if I could call them and see if I can get 3X points....about to make a final payment if I do!

...hmmm i didnt get that email? wonder if I could call them and see if I can get 3X points....about to make a final payment if I do!

You don't have to call, the promo is in effect for all with the Visa card. Below is a link to a post that describes the promo. Also, I believe the promo has been extended to sometime in February.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35958729&postcount=43

You don't have to call, the promo is in effect for all with the Visa card. Below is a link to a post that describes the promo. Also, I believe the promo has been extended to sometime in February.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35958729&postcount=43

any place to see what the eligible gas and grocery places are?

any place to see what the eligible gas and grocery places are?

Not that I have seen. The promo email has a series of retailer codes that are eligible, but there's no place I've seen a list of retailers vs codes they use for Visa charges.

Wow. Is that only for new accounts? I have had mine for a while and I never got that offer.

I believe the offer he's referring to (3X points) is ONLY good charges associated with Royal Caribbean and ONLY good through February 5th. (Extended from the original January 5th.) They are also doubling points for grocery and gas purchases. The offer applies to all card holders, not just new ones.

• 4 weeks later...
I believe the offer he's referring to (3X points) is ONLY good charges associated with Royal Caribbean and ONLY good through February 5th. (Extended from the original January 5th.) They are also doubling points for grocery and gas purchases. The offer applies to all card holders, not just new ones.

Does any one know if a place that you can find that it says that it has been exteded to Feb. 5th cause I would pay off more of my balance on up coming cruises...but don't want to if I am not going to get 3 x points.

Does any one know if a place that you can find that it says that it has been exteded to Feb. 5th cause I would pay off more of my balance on up coming cruises...but don't want to if I am not going to get 3 x points.

I've never seen a link to the promo. Several people have received emails and have posted them here, but that's all I've seen.

I've never seen a link to the promo. Several people have received emails and have posted them here, but that's all I've seen.

ok thanks I just never recieved an email saying it was being extended...

• 2 weeks later...
I also got the original email, however I never got one about the extended date. If someone has this email please post it.

Just got my January RCI Visa statement. With the 10K points when I got the card and 3X my final payment for my Allure B2B in May, I have 22,300 points for a $223 OBC. SWEET. And it really only cost me the $3800 final payment in addition to some smaller purchases. Thank you BOA and RCI!

Just got my January RCI Visa statement. With the 10K points when I got the card and 3X my final payment for my Allure B2B in May, I have 22,300 points for a $223 OBC. SWEET. And it really only cost me the $3800 final payment in addition to some smaller purchases. Thank you BOA and RCI!

The points are redeemed in 5,000 point increments. You can now get $200 OBC. You need another 2,700 points in order to get another $50 OBC

The points are redeemed in 5,000 point increments. You can now get $200 OBC. You need another 2,700 points in order to get another $50 OBC

Thanks for the info Molly. $200 it is. That is unless I can accumulate another 2700 in purchases between now and May.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so happy that I came upon this thread again. I've noticed on my last few credit card statements that I've gotten extra royal points but didn't realize why. Finally, a payback from all those high gas prices.

Archived