unable to sign up for princess sweepstakes

sonnenschein

I have tried for 3 days now and something is amiss. I am not certain if this is a true contest. I am in agreement with the other posters.

We can certain pay for our cruises. All other gifts are not worth it. Well perhaps the camera and things would be good. But dinner at the chef’s table is only about 100.00 max prize. I do not believe it is worth it.

So I may try again in another few days. Then I shall put it to bed. Has anyone called Princess? Of course they would not know.

I entered last night - answered the questions and was told that I am one of the winners but my name is not scrolling.

Hmmmm - I did not take a screen shot either - This contest seems to have a few hiccups!!!

The names scrolling by this morning were the same ones that were there last night. :confused:

I got all the questions right' date=' and it did say I'm one of the winners. But they already list five winners in the crawl (and the rules seemed to say only the first five to reply would get today's prize). So those on the east coast who are able to do the contest will win every day, in that case.[/quote']

I'm one of the names on the crawl and live on the west coast. I'm still waiting for my email though. I did get a screen shot of the crawl with my name, I'm the third name listed.

They must have had a big software fail, someone didn't program the contest correctly to stop the You won pop-up after the first five. Maybe by Oct. 2nd they will have it fixed. Regardless, answering the questions correctly does give one an extra chance to win the big prize of a cruise.

J. Siegel

I'm one of the names on the crawl and live on the west coast. I'm still waiting for my email though. I did get a screen shot of the crawl with my name, I'm the third name listed.

They must have had a big software fail, someone didn't program the contest correctly to stop the You won pop-up after the first five. Maybe by Oct. 2nd they will have it fixed. Regardless, answering the questions correctly does give one an extra chance to win the big prize of a cruise.

J. Siegel

Please update us when and if you do get the email.

Perhaps you could/can Bill. Most of us could not.

No success today, but then I read above that quiz number 2 does not start until October 2. I had mistakenly thought it was a daily contest.

When I go to the site today it says (without my trying to answer any new questions) that I have the right answers, but am not among the first five.

But I can always treasure my screen shot from yesterday that says "You're one of the TOP 5 WINNERS!"

2101294362_Princesswinner.jpg.0f8f6c894682023a8a19783eb5dc020e.jpg

Best observation so far. LIKE.

I don't know -- the web developers at princess are probably watching

their apache log and joking:

"Look, we got one guy to try and fail for three days! New record!!!"

I mean, how long would you wait in line to buy a lottery ticket?

No success today, but then I read above that quiz number 2 does not start until October 2. I had mistakenly thought it was a daily contest.

When I go to the site today it says (without my trying to answer any new questions) that I have the right answers, but am not among the first five.

But I can always treasure my screen shot from yesterday that says "You're one of the TOP 5 WINNERS!"

That's the magic of it, Bill. You got to a site. To most of us, there is no site.

I think that everybody who entered got that same" Top 5" notice... :D

What I find ironic is that the campaign is "Tired of all the negative news" seems they have created negative news of thier own.:(

I am the OP who started this thread and I am getting mad and tired!!! Have tried everything I could,re registered a new password,tried to enter on chrome and firefox (which crashed) and still just going around and around,so I am giving up:mad: I like my Princess cruises but this contest is a big screw-up.My son is a webmaster and web developer,he said he had never seen such a messed up website,maybe Princess should hire him to do it right,fortunately he has a good job already.

Hello Trikeman, are you still sitting on the step? It was fun cruising with you and your wife, we been back to Hawaii on the Star last April, it was not as nice as on the Golden,no Hawaiian atmosphere whatsoever, the only good thing was leaving from San Francisco (no flying) and cruising under the Golden gate bridge.Maybe we run into each other again, Ahoy Gloria:)

J. Siegel

J. Siegel

Did you play at 10 am on the first day of the contest and that's when you won?

I played later in the day and got the pop up that I won. I later read the rules and saw the first 5 who answer the questions correctly for the challenge period will win. The whole contest is such a mess but I think Princess should make it right to those who received the pop up. I am just curious when you received the pop up.

this is what i got back from emailing:

"You have our sincere apologies, but we believe a small coding issue may of resulted in a faulty win screen for you.

We have double checked our database and the top 5 did complete challenge one yesterday at 1:00pm – 1:01 EST, and all winners will be subject to verification.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the technical glitch, but the good news is that there are plenty of prizes left to be won.

Make sure you play again on October 2, 2012 at 9:00:00 AM PST, and sign up for the Golden Ticket emails for your chance to win a cruise to a fabulous Princess Destination.

Kind regards,

Brandmovers

Princess Cruises Sweepstakes Development Vendor"

by the way, how fair is it that people won at 1pm eastern when i didn't even get the email until 3pm pacific? i didn't have a chance.

mintjulip123, you had it right, this sure doesn't feel like a good thing.

this is what i got back from emailing:

"You have our sincere apologies, but we believe a small coding issue may of resulted in a faulty win screen for you.

We have double checked our database and the top 5 did complete challenge one yesterday at 1:00pm – 1:01 EST, and all winners will be subject to verification.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the technical glitch, but the good news is that there are plenty of prizes left to be won.

Make sure you play again on October 2, 2012 at 9:00:00 AM PST, and sign up for the Golden Ticket emails for your chance to win a cruise to a fabulous Princess Destination.

Kind regards,

Brandmovers

Princess Cruises Sweepstakes Development Vendor"

by the way, how fair is it that people won at 1pm eastern when i didn't even get the email until 3pm pacific? i didn't have a chance.

mintjulip123, you had it right, this sure doesn't feel like a good thing.

I, for one, am not going to waste any more time or effort on this. I didn't even get the email. Good luck to anyone who is still interested in trying their odds, little as they may be.

J. Siegel

Did you play at 10 am on the first day of the contest and that's when you won?

I played later in the day and got the pop up that I won. I later read the rules and saw the first 5 who answer the questions correctly for the challenge period will win. The whole contest is such a mess but I think Princess should make it right to those who received the pop up. I am just curious when you received the pop up.

Yes, I clicked the enter link just as the countdown clock clicked down to zero. From reading Cruise Critic for years, I knew all the answers and didn't have to think, so clicked the answers and was done. I received the pop-up and then went back a short time later to the main page and noticed my name on the scroll. At that time there were only three. Refreshed my screen a few minutes after that and all five where there.

I still haven't received an email from Princess. I'll give them until Monday and then contact them. I kind of doubt there was another J. Siegel right at 10 a.m. Pacific time.

I pre-registered for the contest a couple days earlier because happened to notice it on the Princess website and they also mentioned it on Facebook. All I needed to do was enter my email and password.

I will post here when I hear back from Princess.

I answered the 5 trivia questions and it came up and said I was one of the top 5 winners and that I would get a prize to use on a cruise and that I would get an email. So no email yet, and I tried to do the trivia again and it won't work. So, is there a problem with their system? Did anyone else get that message? Geez I wish I had done a screen shot. :confused: :rolleyes:

I answered all the trivia questions right, and was told the prizes were all gone!:mad:

Hello Trikeman, are you still sitting on the step? It was fun cruising with you and your wife, we been back to Hawaii on the Star last April, it was not as nice as on the Golden,no Hawaiian atmosphere whatsoever, the only good thing was leaving from San Francisco (no flying) and cruising under the Golden gate bridge.Maybe we run into each other again, Ahoy Gloria:)

Had to find a new step wore that one out. :D

Archived