Red skinny (jeans, trousers...)

Hoyaheel

I'm looking for cheap red skinny pants - jean or trouser, midweight for multi-seasonal wear. I'm in the middle of losing weight (I've lost 25# so far) so I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I'll keep for ages. (I am guesstimating I'm a 12 or 14 - 16 too big, some 14 too big, so I'm looking for something a little tight, probably a 12, so I might be able to wear it a little bit...)

My CC friends, where have you seen this animal recently? :p Thanks!

Try the Diane Gillman DG2 Jeans. They have stretch in them AND hold you in, in all of the right places. They are sold in sizes from S to XXXL and each size has a span. For example, I am between an 8 and 10. I ordered the Medium which is for that range. They have lots of stretch and fit perfect. They also come in an array of beautiful colors.

The jeans are not sold in stores, at least that I am aware of. I ordered mine off of HSN. They are worth every penny.

http://www.hsn.com/perfect-jeans-buying-guide-skinny-jeans-jeggings-more_at-1234_xa.aspx?nolnav=1&cm_sp=gridpromo*DianeGilman*JeanGuide

Yeah, when I say "cheap" - I mean less than $25 because I don't plan to be wearing these very long....So, not quite what I'm looking for.

I do hope to run to the QVC outlet tomorrow after work and see if they have anything. There's a nice consignment store next door to the outlet mall nearest me and I'll hit both if I have time.

Yeah, when I say "cheap" - I mean less than $25 because I don't plan to be wearing these very long....So, not quite what I'm looking for.

I paid $39 plus a few dollars shipping for them BUT they the jeans will be good for two size ranges. I am on WW, and hope to be back in a 6-8. Right now, I'm at a solid 10 but the Mediums will still fit when I start moving towards the size 8 range. It's like getting two jean sized in one. They have lots of stretch and hold so they never look too big or too small. After buying one pair of her jeans, I am now a loyal customer and can't wait to continue to try other type jeans in her line.

I think $39.95 for a well made and comfortable jean is a fair price. Plus they do come in colors as well as the dark and regular denim. You may have a hard time finding the red at a price lower than $25, but good luck to you. :)

You may want to check out Kohls for the Lee Rider Skinny Jeans but not sure that they come in red.

:):)

Try Kohl's. I was there the other day looking for an emersion blender :) and I noticed some colored jeans at I think something like $24 or there abouts. Look at their website to save yourself a trip to the store.

I looked at the Kohls website and didn't see any I thought- I'll look again.

I saw the ones at Old Navy, but I don't have a great history of ON fitting my body - they're tight in the thigh and huge in the waist. But there's one of those nearish too, sort of close to Kohls (which is next door to DSW and I want to go try on boots, sooooo) Looks like Sears has one at $19.99, and Kmart at $17.99. For 1-2 months (maybe) of use, this is the price point I like ;-)

Thanks for the leads.

I know they are more than you want to spend, but have you considered chico's skinny jeans? They are so flattering and should be good for a couple size changes. Coupons are always available on line and they look fantastic.

Good luck on your weight loss.

K

I know how you feel about Old Navy. I'm not a fan of anything from there as it is very untailored and flattering on women with curves. When you're transitioning through sizes it can be annoying to spend much on a specific item... I did that a lot during my weight loss journey. Thankfully right now red skinny jeans are fairly popular so hopefully you'll find something that fits the bill. Congrats on 25 pounds by the way.

If you find jeans you like, that are not polyester/poly blend, you can always just dye them. Bleaching then dyeing does kind of wreck the fabric, but it's not like you need them to last for years (even if your weight loss stalled, they won't be in style for very long anyway).

I do hope to run to the QVC outlet tomorrow after work and see if they have anything. There's a nice consignment store next door to the outlet mall nearest me and I'll hit both if I have time.

You live near a QVC outlet?...I didn't realize the Q had "outlets".

Lucky girl:D

You live near a QVC outlet?...I didn't realize the Q had "outlets".

Lucky girl:D

Yep, Central NC, Tanger Outlets. I've only bought one thing there- it's not really my thing - but it's always nice to check out if I'm already going to be at the outlets....

• 1 month later...
Jordache at Walmart has some cute skinny jeans for less than 17 dollars. I bought a reddish color, black, and a pretty blue. I really want the purple...gonna try online.

Those must be the one's that Heidi Klum advertises. They look great, but on her what wouldn't? :rolleyes:

Sorry - I never updated:p I tried on quite a few pairs around - this time of year most are darker...I ended up buying a pair of oxblood skinny jeans at Sears (Canyon River for $23.

And they're already too big on me :D

(They're not quite as "skinny" and I need a belt....) So I'm glad I didn't spend more during my weight loss phase.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived