Small Warning about FCC

Bobby Jones

When we were aboard the Sapphire recently on the California coastal cxruise we bought two FCC. Received the letter and filed it away for future reference. Then booked the r/t Hawaii on the Golden for December and our travel agent said the FCC was only for $10 each, not $100. I thought that couldn't be right so I got the letter and read it and sure enough it said we bought two FCC at $10 each. I thought that was just a typo and so checked the credit card bill and lo and behold - each FCC was only charged $10! You would think the Princess rep aboard would know better. No harm really done. They just charged the remaining $180 and everything else was good. So, in the future, to prevent any problems or delays I'm checking the FCC letter immediately!

Even when you have the right paper work, i.e., FFC booking credits, they can still make mistakes. We purchased only FFC credits once, had paper to that effect, then after we got home we received a confirmation on a booking which we never booked. So you do need to pay attention while on the ship and afterwards. We advised the TA that we never booked the cruise and she got it cancelled asap.

We purchased a FCC last month on our Grand Med cruise. The FCC consultant asked if I wanted a confirmation letter delivered to our stateroom OR an email confirmation. I said I wanted the paper letter for my files ( and to check).

She informed that they were moving to paperless " soon".

That wouldn't work for anyone who doesn't have email on board OR at home. If there is an error, I would like to fix it while on board. ( once they billed me in the wrong currency).

That wouldn't work for anyone who doesn't have email on board OR at home. If there is an error, I would like to fix it while on board. ( once they billed me in the wrong currency).
You can also see your FCC under "My Princess" on Princess's website. You don't have to use any Internet minutes to connect to that website while on board.

We purchased a FCC last month on our Grand Med cruise. The FCC consultant asked if I wanted a confirmation letter delivered to our stateroom OR an email confirmation. I said I wanted the paper letter for my files ( and to check).

She informed that they were moving to paperless " soon".

I understand your concerns about e-mail confirmation in lieu of a hardcopy.

But, e-processing is the way things are, and are becoming more and more. Seems the hints of this trend has come in rather subtle ways, but they are becoming a way of life. Anyone who is retired has seen this trend. You know, cruising information, printing luggage tags, and soon to be FCC certifications. Frankly, I like this trend. It does provide a good method of verification and organizing a lot of my activities. Think e-mail folders. Remember, you can access your e-mail accounts from anywhere in the world.

Something to consider: Scan and then e-mail important information and documents to yourself. This will allow for easy access of information you may need when you are far from home.

I understand your concerns about e-mail confirmation in lieu of a hardcopy.

But, e-processing is the way things are, and are becoming more and more. Seems the hints of this trend has come in rather subtle ways, but they are becoming a way of life. Anyone who is retired has seen this trend. You know, cruising information, printing luggage tags, and soon to be FCC certifications. Frankly, I like this trend. It does provide a good method of verification and organizing a lot of my activities. Think e-mail folders. Remember, you can access your e-mail accounts from anywhere in the world.

Something to consider: Scan and then e-mail important information and documents to yourself. This will allow for easy access of information you may need when you are far from home.

I do...everything is in my google docs/ google drive so can access house insurance, medical policy, other vital documents any time we need to. Agreed online everything is the future...I'm just dragging my heels in some cases.:rolleyes:

I do...everything is in my google docs/ google drive so can access house insurance, medical policy, other vital documents any time we need to. Agreed online everything is the future...I'm just dragging my heels in some cases.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear it. It just seems like an easy technique that makes copies of important docs available anytime. Just keep password access very secret.

Archived