Upgrade/downgrade question

Reader0108598

Hello

I booked a BH GTY, was upgraded by Princess to a BB. Asked the TA to down grade to a BE. TA told me because it was a complimentary upgrade it will cost me about 300.00 a person to down grade.

I called Princess and they told me all she has to do is fill out a request form and we can down grade. Does anyone else know the correct answer .

Thank you

Reader

I had this same experience, but I booked through Princess. I asked for a downgrade to a certain cabin in a lower category, they said they would have to put a request through. The next day on my personalizer I had the room I had requested to downgrade to. There was no request for more money.

I had this same experience, but I booked through Princess. I asked for a downgrade to a certain cabin in a lower category, they said they would have to put a request through. The next day on my personalizer I had the room I had requested to downgrade to. There was no request for more money.

That is what the princess rep told me.

Thank you Rowse:)

The reason that it is going to cost you additional funds is that you paid a certain amount for the BH guarantee. The BE guarantee cabin obviously costs $300 more than what you paid for your BE. If I were you, I would enjoy the upgrade to the BB category!

I understand what you are saying but that is not what the princess rep said. I do Thank you for your reply:)

Reader

Hi - I did a similar think last week. We were allocated an II and our friends an I (from guarantee K and N cat). The location of the I was better so I rang Princess and asked for the II cat to be downgraded to an I so that we could be close to our friends. Once the change in booking was done the Princess rep told me that would be an extra $360 - I told her no as we had paid in full already and she said sorry - I thought you had only paid a deposit and she fixed it and we paid nothing.

Hi - I did a similar think last week. We were allocated an II and our friends an I (from guarantee K and N cat). The location of the I was better so I rang Princess and asked for the II cat to be downgraded to an I so that we could be close to our friends. Once the change in booking was done the Princess rep told me that would be an extra $360 - I told her no as we had paid in full already and she said sorry - I thought you had only paid a deposit and she fixed it and we paid nothing.

Thank you Bizziecruzer

The TA is saying she cannot do it.I see mixed signals all over the place. If Non TA's can get Princess to do it. I don't see why a seasoned TA cannot do the same.:rolleyes:

Reader

Thank you Bizziecruzer

The TA is saying she cannot do it.I see mixed signals all over the place. If Non TA's can get Princess to do it. I don't see why a seasoned TA cannot do the same.:rolleyes:

Reader

It's reading things like this that make me continue to book directly with Princess. If there is a question or an issue, I can go straight to Princess and get it answered / resolved.

It's reading things like this that make me continue to book directly with Princess. If there is a question or an issue, I can go straight to Princess and get it answered / resolved.

I hear ya Flamomo ,I am starting to lean that way myself. So Frustrating to deal with the middleman.

If it cannot be done so be It! I booked a GTY knowing full well that I can get placed any where but when they allow some cruisers the move and not others .....

Reason given was I paid less for a BH than the BE's are going for now. Okay but you put me into a BB which is much more expensive than a BH or a BE :confused:

Not going to ruin my cruise just confusing .

Reader

I hear ya Flamomo ,I am starting to lean that way myself. So Frustrating to deal with the middleman.

If it cannot be done so be It! I booked a GTY knowing full well that I can get placed any where but when they allow some cruisers the move and not others .....

Reason given was I paid less for a BH than the BE's are going for now. Okay but you put me into a BB which is much more expensive than a BH or a BE :confused:

Not going to ruin my cruise just confusing .

Reader

You actually just explained it yourself. You paid less for the BH than the BE and they want the difference. The BB doesn't enter into it at all, since that's a gift. You want to exchange a gift for something else, but the something else costs more than the original purchase price. The "gift" was on sale so to speak. I understand fully.

You actually just explained it yourself. You paid less for the BH than the BE and they want the difference. The BB doesn't enter into it at all, since that's a gift. You want to exchange a gift for something else, but the something else costs more than the original purchase price. The "gift" was on sale so to speak. I understand fully.

Thank you for your response Pia, Enjoy your up comming cruise.

Reader

The normal SOP if you do not like an upgrade with a GTY is to put you back in the GTY category that you booked. So what you were first told was basically that since you did not want the II, you would be put back in your original category and if you wanted to upgrade to I, you would need to pay the difference in cost between your GTY category and the category you wanted to move to.

Being able to pull this off after final payment may depend on the knowledge of the rep you are dealing with.

By the way, if you and your friends did not have your new locations marked "will not accept upgrades", then it is possible that either or both of you may be upgraded again and not necessarily close to one another.

Archived