celebrity cruisers seem aggresive .

abnpaul

What about Vodka-flavored Waffles! Den

Nice try!! Regular vodka doesn't have flavor and in making the waffles (with heat), the "good stuff" in vodka would be gone! Sorry.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 105,110 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

If you're into vodka - and into bacon - there's bacon flavored vodka. It was insane. Tasted just like bacon!

I saw that last night when I picked up the Stoli Salted Karamel.. I would need to find a sample to have with my eggs in the morning :)

Welcome all to Booze Critic ;)

THIS thread appears to have evolved (devolved?:o) to be VODKA- specific! :p

The BEST martinis I ever had were on Infinity in April of 2011. At the "old" martini bar. (prior to Solstice-ization (or however you spell/pronounce it :confused:))

The first night on board out of San Diego, getting ready to head into the MDR, an absolutely wonderful bartender from Turkey asked me what I might like. "A flavored martini" I responded, so he points out the two dozen different-flavored vodkas he had at the ready, and asks me for a favorite flavor. I said MANGO.

He grabs a stainless mixer and pours at least 3 if not 4 shots of Absolute Mango flavored vodka in it, reaches into an under-bar fridge and pulls out a container of mango puree, and dumps it into the mixer, screws on a CO2 cartridge and you hear the thing spinning madly.

Then he grabs a shaker, adds ice, and dumps ANOTHER 2 or 3 shots of the Absolute in there. By this time the mixer can is done, and he adds a very healthy portion of the mango puree/vodka mix to the shaker, does his thing, and strains/pours at LEAST a half pint of this concoction into one of the LARGEST martini glasses I have ever seen.

For garnish he grabs the mixer and "sprays" more of the mango-puree "foam" into an 4 inch tall ice-cream-cone-like "swirl" floating on top of the drink. :eek:

There are 10-15 people at the bar waiting for the MDR to open and they are all watching this. After that, the martini bar was VERY busy every single night for the rest of the trip. :D (not to mention my "bar tab" for the 14 nights made me VERY thankful I had gotten a GREAT price on the cruise!)

THIS thread appears to have evolved (devolved?:o) to be VODKA- specific! :p

The BEST martinis I ever had were on Infinity in April of 2011. At the "old" martini bar. (prior to Solstice-ization (or however you spell/pronounce it :confused:))

The first night on board out of San Diego, getting ready to head into the MDR, an absolutely wonderful bartender from Turkey asked me what I might like. "A flavored martini" I responded, so he points out the two dozen different-flavored vodkas he had at the ready, and asks me for a favorite flavor. I said MANGO.

He grabs a stainless mixer and pours at least 3 if not 4 shots of Absolute Mango flavored vodka in it, reaches into an under-bar fridge and pulls out a container of mango puree, and dumps it into the mixer, screws on a CO2 cartridge and you hear the thing spinning madly.

Then he grabs a shaker, adds ice, and dumps ANOTHER 2 or 3 shots of the Absolute in there. By this time the mixer can is done, and he adds a very healthy portion of the mango puree/vodka mix to the shaker, does his thing, and strains/pours at LEAST a half pint of this concoction into one of the LARGEST martini glasses I have ever seen.

For garnish he grabs the mixer and "sprays" more of the mango-puree "foam" into an 4 inch tall ice-cream-cone-like "swirl" floating on top of the drink. :eek:

There are 10-15 people at the bar waiting for the MDR to open and they are all watching this. After that, the martini bar was VERY busy every single night for the rest of the trip. :D (not to mention my "bar tab" for the 14 nights made me VERY thankful I had gotten a GREAT price on the cruise!)

Totally off topic!!

8042967451_d5bc276922_m.jpg

And another thing, you've used up all the 6 smilie allowance and I can't use any in my quote! :-(

Now that mango martini sounds deeelicious.

Have you tried the gold leaf vodka navyrotorhead? I asked about it when I saw it at the Martini bar on Equinox. Next thing I knew I had a shot glass of it.

There may be a better word for it , correct me if I'm wrong. Having browsed the other cruise line threads , I noticed how informative and friendly the comment are. There are the odd debates but celebrity cruisers get very personal with there comments. The only explanation I can think of for this is the celebrity laws and rules.

I only hope that all this aggression is kept to the forum and not taken on holiday with them .

:(

Thanks for your posting. I haven't taken the time to read through every reply but wanted to acknowledge your feeling about your post. I think the same could be said for other lines though, IMHO.

We're devout Celebrity cruisers. A few years back took an exotic Princess cruise to the Amazon and FWI islands. Was on our bucket list, and actually loved the cruise (itinerary that is). Was super-excited to be on the roll call thread as well, and it was our first time. I have to share with you that that experience was a real let down for me, almost painful. Our parents were also sailing on that cruise and this too was their first Princess experience. We felt that for the most part, the roll call trashed Celebrity cruisers, to the point where I was fed up and asked for them to stop. Several of the posters would say things like, "Celebrity is hoity toity" or "Celebrity is snobbish", or, "We'll never sail on Celebrity". All without any regard to other's feelings - it's like throwing sand at the playground. Adults can play nicely or be bullies...and that experience shaped my patronage for Princess...AND the horrible experience we had on the ship. To date, I haven't found a roll call board as cliquish or mean-spirited as that - and hopefully won't.

You want to talk about agressive? I don't think Celebrity comes close, but that's my opinion. I know to each their own, and support your cruiseline of choice and all that, but try to put another's shoes on and follow the sage advice, "If you can't say something nice..." :rolleyes:

Hell, I think I would rather be a Yankee's fan at our own Giants AT&T Park, LOL! Just play nice...

We are taking our first cruise on Celebrity in 19 days:D after being avid RC cruisers for years. To be honest, I don't think the posters on the Celebrity boards are any different than those on Royal. Both debate the same issues (dress codes!:D) and both have posters who like to be sarcastic, sometimes to the point of being mean, in their replies.

Sherri:)

Hi Everyone,

As this thread has strayed entirely off-topic (though in an amusing way !), Booze Critic ? Waffle Flavored Vodka ? Who knew ? :) Texed must be super excited ! I believe it's safe to say this thread has run it's course, and is now closed.

Thank You for your understanding.

Archived