Best advice other than deep breaths!

dundeene

I just booked a cruise today on Riviera for October 14th! ! !

Last cruise I had 7 months to prepare, this time I have 14 days until my fight out.:eek:

I am trying to rush everything. First I found airfare, booked a hotel in Athens, I reserved dates for the specialties, finished our registration forms, am beginning to look at excursions but my head is spinning.

I need to book a kennel, stop mail and papers, find the light timers, hire someone to water and mow, book transfers. . . .I am getting tired just listing what I need to do.

Thank you for letting me vent my craziness. I know it will be worth it in the end.

(Yes J&S we went with a PH again because they are GREAT)

I just booked a cruise today on Riviera for October 14th! ! !

Last cruise I had 7 months to prepare, this time I have 14 days until my fight out.:eek:

I am trying to rush everything. First I found airfare, booked a hotel in Athens, I reserved dates for the specialties, finished our registration forms, am beginning to look at excursions but my head is spinning.

I need to book a kennel, stop mail and papers, find the light timers, hire someone to water and mow, book transfers. . . .I am getting tired just listing what I need to do.

Thank you for letting me vent my craziness. I know it will be worth it in the end.

(Yes J&S we went with a PH again because they are GREAT)

Wow--I'm insanely jealous! Our first time on Oceania will be on the Riviera in March. We can trade if you need more time. ;)

make a list & just do one thing at at a time ....it will all work out ;);)

Enjoy the cruise

That's what I am doing.Just got an offer from Oceania that we couldn't refuse. It involved cancelling 3 cruises and then booking the Oceania offer with only 2 days between another cruise on another line.I have to get visas and shots and need passports back from visa company within 2 weeks, Now we heard our flights on return from first cruise are changed to an impossible schedule. On top of all that, DH just got out of hospital and isn't up to coping with the mess.

~Doris~Who needs more than 1 deep breath!

That's what I am doing.Just got an offer from Oceania that we couldn't refuse. It involved cancelling 3 cruises and then booking the Oceania offer with only 2 days between another cruise on another line.I have to get visas and shots and need passports back from visa company within 2 weeks, Now we heard our flights on return from first cruise are changed to an impossible schedule. On top of all that, DH just got out of hospital and isn't up to coping with the mess.

~Doris~Who needs more than 1 deep breath!

One more thing... please check your travel medical insurance...if DH just got out of hospital...make sure he is medically covered. Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered so soon after release from hospital.

make a list & just do one thing at at a time ....it will all work out ;);)

Enjoy the cruise

Take a second, and carefully write down in order what needs to be done, on board reservations come last, Packing and transportation come first

Type the packing list out; Type out all the phone and specifics and keep them in a file folder for the next time.

I did this years ago for business travel where i had to be on a plane in 5 days to Singapore or Zurich.

Once you have the list and flow chart use it

Whether you have 50 days or 5 hours it is a piece of cake

On my last cruise from Venice, I arrived home 48 hours before my flight to europe .. it took 45 min to pack and 1 hour to make all arrangements from newspaper to gardner. My wife could not belive it... that it worked so smooth.

Get a system, use it. and rely on it....you will be glad you did.

Its much easier than you think...

We do have travel insurance and calling the credit card companies is on my list. And I DO have a good list. But getting the passports back in time for the first cruise is out of my control ,so all I can do is make a pest of myself with calls Until they are returned

We are fortunate that we get free laundry on the first cruise. I probably won't even unpack. Also get free internet. so even other problems can hopefully be taken care of if necessary.

~Doris~> WHo thanks all of you for the help.

But getting the passports back in time for the first cruise is out of my control ,so all I can do is make a pest of myself with calls Until they are returned

~Doris~> WHo thanks all of you for the help.

Maybe the visa company that has your passports as a plan B could expedite second passports for you? At least you used to be allowed to get a second one (so you could keep Israeli and other visa's separate, for example)...good luck!! And have a great time :)

We were told that we needed original birth certificates to get duplicate passports. Those were sent to the visa outfit handling our documents.

No guarantee on when the passports and visas will arrive.If we have to cancel the 1st cruise because of no passports we lose thousands even with insurance. Our air is a no refund fair and we would lose some on our pre cruise hotel.

I will never do anything like this again. Way too much stress.

~Doris~>Who needs your prayers.

We were told that we needed original birth certificates to get duplicate passports. Those were sent to the visa outfit handling our documents.

~Doris~>Who needs your prayers.

Doris-Many (most? all?) records offices will get you an duplicate "original" (meaning embossed seal or whatever the locality uses) birth certificate for a fee, even if you already have one (not that my family misplaces records ever, nooo ;) ). Not sure if the lead time would be a problem, but it might be worth a phone call (between calls to the visa outfit!). Praying away for you \o/

Archived