Empty Cabin Count for Your Upcoming Cruise

rayandshirl

We're on the Emerald at the end of the month for the Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale cruise. I've seen comments on the Roll Call about all of the empty cabins so close to the cruise.

How do you find out that information?:rolleyes:

You can check at princess.com or through an online travel agency....checking it seems at least 8 cabins per category available.....meaning .....an empty ship. Plus the fact that last week there was a major flash promotion. I am on this cruise and have been checking :cool:

We're on the Emerald at the end of the month for the Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale cruise. I've seen comments on the Roll Call about all of the empty cabins so close to the cruise.

How do you find out that information?:rolleyes:

Cabins for this cruise were on sail a couple of days ago for as little as $549/inside.

When you look at the cabins available on the Princess web site (or on a TA's web site), there will usually only be a maximum of six cabins shown in a category.

o If six are shown, then there are at least six still available. There could be many more.

o If less than six are shown, that is all that remains to be sold.

o If only GTY or waitlist is available, then no cabins remain unassigned in that category.

A travel agent can probably find out how many total cabins remain unassigned, but unless you find less than six cabins shown in every category, you cannot learn this on your own.

When you look at the cabins available on the Princess web site (or on a TA's web site), there will usually only be a maximum of six cabins shown in a category.

o If six are shown, then there are at least six still available. There could be many more.

o If only GTY or waitlist is available, then no cabins remain unassigned in that category.

A travel agent can probably find out how many total cabins remain unassigned, but unless you find less than six cabins shown in every category, you cannot learn this on your own.

Well, this is not entirely true. You can spend minutes or hours typing in each cabin number for each category to see if the cabin is available. I've done this for category AD that has 12 total cabins to see if there were more than 6 available.

Correct, but the number is nine, not six.

Or, as Alaska Golden said, you can try cabin by cabin.

Correct, but the number is nine, not six.

Or, as Alaska Golden said, you can try cabin by cabin.

On the Princess web site the most I ever see displayed is six cabins. (Just looked now to be sure. I did see 8 at a travel agent site.)

By the way, when you look at a specific cabin, the Princess booking system may assume you will go further with that booking and temporarily lock that cabin from others so you could complete a booking. This "hold" lasts for about 30 minutes.

I found this out when I checked a cabin for availability, immediately called to make a booking, and was told the cabin was unavailable (agent could not tell that it was temporarily reserved (for me!), just that it was unavailable). About 30 minutes later I called again and the temporarty hold had been cancelled and I could book via phone.

Unless the Princess software is smarter, I assume if you keep checking many individual cabins for availability, you will temporarily lock them out from others.

Cabins for this cruise were on sail a couple of days ago for as little as $549/inside.

People have no clue, there is a whole network of booking agents who book for travel industry employees. These one way cruises are in the $200's this week. :) These bookings are a significant source of selling out ships.

Archived