Latitudes cocktail party

calmpets

Just take your key card and final bill from the 12 day cruise to show the Latitude Representative on the Jade. They can make sure you get the Silver benefits. The points are usually there within 48 hours after the cruise but they can make sure you get it from the start.

Thanks peg, that makes sense.

cheers...the Ump...:D

• 6 years later...

I realize this is an old thread, but I hope someone who has sailed recently with the updated latitudes program can answer.

On our last cruise, we attended the party with our friends, who were silver.  All four of us had the drinks package, so we didn't pay for drinks - though they did run our cards.

Now I'm silver, and won't have the drinks package for my next cruise.  Question: are the drinks at the cocktail party complimentary?  

Thanks, Sheryl

15 minutes ago, swatkins56 said:

I realize this is an old thread, but I hope someone who has sailed recently with the updated latitudes program can answer.

On our last cruise, we attended the party with our friends, who were silver.  All four of us had the drinks package, so we didn't pay for drinks - though they did run our cards.

Now I'm silver, and won't have the drinks package for my next cruise.  Question: are the drinks at the cocktail party complimentary?  

Thanks, Sheryl

Depends which ship, where it is held.  Typically on the smaller ships it is in one of the lounges and they'll have a selection of drinks that are just passed around.  If a bar is there, people have had luck getting drinks from most reports.

Bigger ships, sometimes in the Haven area so again a possibility.

39 minutes ago, swatkins56 said:

Thanks, Sheryl

Question: are the drinks at the cocktail party complimentary?  

Answer:  YES (with limits) !

You are invited to the party - the drinks are on the house - waiters are usually milling about with a pre-determined

selection of host drinks - house wine - local drink of the day fuzzy fruit juice.

I usually order a double Canadian with a splash of water to last the program event. Never had a problem - helps

to tip the waiter. This is not a tasting event or a free-for-all top tier liquor - you will be advised your selection is not

available or asked for your UBP card.

Drinks from the well -

gin & tonic -

rum & (Ugh) Pepsi -

vodka & Sierra Mist/Mountain dew are some of the acceptable alternatives 

There will be other waiters roaming about with trays of horse-overs (Hors d'oeuvre) - Enjoy !

Arrive early to maximize the free booze - parties last about an hour but the free stuff diminishes in about half that time.

Sit closer to the bar for better service - the waiter has to bring the drinks to you.

I

3 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Question: are the drinks at the cocktail party complimentary?  

Answer:  YES (with limits) !

You are invited to the party - the drinks are on the house - waiters are usually milling about with a pre-determined

selection of host drinks - house wine - local drink of the day fuzzy fruit juice.

I usually order a double Canadian with a splash of water to last the program event. Never had a problem - helps

to tip the waiter. This is not a tasting event or a free-for-all top tier liquor - you will be advised your selection is not

available or asked for your UBP card.

Drinks from the well -

gin & tonic -

rum & (Ugh) Pepsi -

vodka & Sierra Mist/Mountain dew are some of the acceptable alternatives 

There will be other waiters roaming about with trays of horse-overs (Hors d'oeuvre) - Enjoy !

Arrive early to maximize the free booze - parties last about an hour but the free stuff diminishes in about half that time.

Sit closer to the bar for better service - the waiter has to bring the drinks to you.

Thanks!   I'll be happy for just a glass of wine.  I'm assume I can sneak in my brother and his wife, first-time cruisers; they don't drink alcohol at all, but would probably be happy for a soda.  Sheryl

12 minutes ago, swatkins56 said:

I

Thanks!   I'll be happy for just a glass of wine.  I'm assume I can sneak in my brother and his wife, first-time cruisers; they don't drink alcohol at all, but would probably be happy for a soda.  Sheryl

I have never been turned down bringing guests along for the party - keeping it reasonable at two should be fine and

even more so if they are your cabin mates - as for the sodas you will have to ask the waiter/servers ? 

Wow, old thread resurrected.

Turnout at the Latitude receptions lately (last 2 - 3 years) has been rather poor, at best, even on mega ships.  There're supposed to be 6 or 7 "Ambassadors" onboard our January "Escape" sailing and none of them showed up, and, of course, their names were called out, just in case to acknowledge their "support" in "many ways" to the NCL branding. 

As long as you know when, where & bring those from your "party" - act & look discrete, fitting in ... I don't believe anyone is going to get challenged.  Plus, they didn't check keycards and collect the invite letters or notices as those were used in the old days, for the door prize drawings then.  Never got anything "expensive" but got a Del Sol frisbee a few years ago, donated by the Gift Shop.  

Get there early & join the queue and grab a glass of wine or whatever floating around ... choice of munchie has been reduced this January, don't expect anything fancy at all - chunky cheese with crackers & bite-sized finger sandwiches, etc. 

And, of course, you get to meet & hear the pitch by the CruiseNext manager about upcoming ... grab an extra glass of whatever while you can before the beverage runners disappear.  Oh, no door prizes, gone with the wind.  

Edited by mking8288

On 10/2/2012 at 4:20 PM, emcelh said:

If you're included there will be an invitation in your cabin.

Just got off the Spirit and they no longer send invitations, just a sign by the cruise next office and a reminder on the daily.

Why do you feel you can bring guests??   They don't qualify for this benefit.    Already,  there are huge numbers of people who do qualify.  Remember 2 years ago with the new program,  what happened?    There are 10's of thousands of silver and above.   

I have been on ships,  where cards WERE checked and comments have been made.   I sail at least every month,  and the Cruise Next make themselves visible and have actually walked out and made this announcement of it being silver and above.   

13 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The ships I have been on the past couple years, have been cheese only.   Nothing else.    I'm also seeing far fewer and a shortage of bartenders.   

19 hours ago, allyfrizzle said:

I feel like I always miss the invite 😞

From the NCL latitudes page "For day, time and location, please come to the CruiseNext desk in the Atrium by 9:00 pm on embarkation day or by 9:00 pm on the second day of the cruise for Pride of America"

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jtheile said:

From the NCL latitudes page "For day, time and location, please come to the CruiseNext desk in the Atrium by 9:00 pm on embarkation day or by 9:00 pm on the second day of the cruise for Pride of America"

Thanks. It seems a little useless when I've got the UBP, but I might check it out!