NCL Getaway showing up early

RJAYL

Yeah, loving it. Here's the press release.

Press Releases

Norwegian Getaway To Sail To The Eastern Caribbean From Miami Year-Round Beginning In February 2014

Norwegian Getaway sailings available for group blocks to travel partners on October 8 and open for sale on October 22

Miami - Oct 2, 2012 ---

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that Norwegian Getaway will be delivered in late January 2014, earlier than originally scheduled, and will sail a seven-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary from PortMiami year-round. Carrying 4,000 passengers, Norwegian Getaway will be the largest ship to home port year-round in Miami and will embody a unique Miami vibe.

“We are pleased that Meyer Werft will deliver this incredible vessel three months earlier than scheduled,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s president and chief executive officer. “Norwegian Getaway is going to offer a fantastic cruise opportunity sailing to the Eastern Caribbean.”

Following inaugural events in Europe, Norwegian Getaway will arrive in Miami in late January 2014 and begin her first Eastern Caribbean sailing on Saturday, February 1, 2014. Ports of call include: Philipsburg, St. Maarten; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas. In addition, the company announced the ship’s Transatlantic sailing, which will depart Rotterdam, The Netherlands on January 16, 2014 and include a stop in London (Southampton), England where guests can also embark, followed by nine days at sea before arriving in Miami on January 27, 2014.

Norwegian Getaway will open for group block bookings to travel partners on October 8, 2012. Reservations will open to the public on October 22, 2012.

To accommodate Norwegian Getaway’s arrival in January, the company is modifying the itineraries of its existing ships in Miami during that time. Beginning February 2, 2014, Norwegian Epic will depart Miami on Sundays and sail a Western Caribbean itinerary. Ports of call include: Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico. Norwegian Sun will now depart Miami on her 10 and 11-day Southern Caribbean itineraries a day later than scheduled on Mondays and Thursdays. Norwegian Pearl, which had been scheduled to depart Miami on Sundays will be chartered from January 19 to March 21, 2014. In addition, four new seven-day Western Caribbean itineraries will be added on March 21, March 28, April 4 and April 11, 2014.

Currently being built at Meyer Werft in Germany, Norwegian Getaway will be 146,600 gross tons and offer a wide range of accommodations. The ship will also feature a rich mix of stateroom options including The Haven by Norwegian, comprised of 42 Suites at the top of the ship in an exclusive, private key-card enclave and 22 additional Suites located throughout the ship; the innovative Studios, designed and priced for solo travelers; a wide range of Oceanview staterooms, Balcony and Mini-Suites; along with Spa Balcony, Mini-Suites and Suites in close proximity to the spa. Norwegian Getaway’s sister ship, Norwegian Breakaway, will begin sailing from her year-round home port of New York City in May 2013.

To reserve a group block, travel partners can contact Norwegian on October 8. Beginning October 22, guests wanting to make a reservation on Norwegian Getaway should contact a travel professional, call Norwegian at 800-327-7030 or visit www.ncl.com.

This leads to more questions than answers, but all interesting. Getaway is now the ship in the east. Epic is now the ship in the west, instead of the Pearl. The Pearl is being chartered for months!? And the Sun stays in the south. The longterm question is what happens to the Pearl when the metaphoric dust settles? I can't wait to find out.

Now my question for myself, having never sailed the Epic or the Getaway, is which to do first? Too many nice choices...:p

NCL Getaway will arrive in Miami in Late January 2014 & start doing the Eastern Caribean run pushing the Epic to Western cruises for Feb, March & April! Booking will begin October 22, 2012!:eek:

http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/overview

I think I may book a March 2014 even though we have done the ports too many times on Disney. I will just consider the ship the destination. ;)

This leads to more questions than answers, but all interesting. Getaway is now the ship in the east. Epic is now the ship in the west, instead of the Pearl. The Pearl is being chartered for months!? And the Sun stays in the south. The longterm question is what happens to the Pearl when the metaphoric dust settles? I can't wait to find out.

Now my question for myself, having never sailed the Epic or the Getaway, is which to do first? Too many nice choices...:p

Im staying with my ressie for the Epic (I am receiving an extra onboard credit for the Itinerary switch!) I have not been able to get a price quote yet for the same cruise on the Getaway!

I am not that fond of the new (Super) Ships coming out of Myer Werft this include DCL's Dream Class & probably RCI new Sunshine class basically they are stuffing 4K to 5K worth of passenger's into a ship that is only 125+- wide! IE more passengers than RCI's Freedom class ships hold which are 185 wide+- & about the same length!:eek:

That being said I might try her for the NYE cruise in December! I love the new ship smell!

You don't have to make a choice. Do a back to back. Getaway (eastern) first as it leaves on Saturday. overnight in Miami or FLL, then hop on Epic (western) on the following Sunday

I think I may book a March 2014 even though we have done the ports too many times on Disney. I will just consider the ship the destination. ;)

I too will consider the ship the destination as I have done the Eastern Itinerary many times.

The longterm question is what happens to the Pearl when the metaphoric dust settles? I can't wait to find out.

If I had a vote it would be year round in SF or Gaveston:D

You don't have to make a choice. Do a back to back. Getaway (eastern) first as it leaves on Saturday. overnight in Miami or FLL, then hop on Epic (western) on the following Sunday

I like it!

I also just posted on our past Epic Roll Call thread, anyone for a February 2014, western Epic Reunion Cruise?

ARGH!! Son of a b$(@&!!!!

I really, really, really wanted to do the Epic on the western caribbean itinerary. I missed it the first go-around and booked it for the eastern and now it's going back to western?!?! I should've been more patient!

Yes I did the the Western on the Epic & prefer it to the Eastern. The only downfall is it does not include Roatan this time!:(

Norwegian Pearl, which had been scheduled to depart Miami on Sundays will be chartered from January 19 to March 21, 2014. In addition, four new seven-day Western Caribbean itineraries will be added on March 21, March 28, April 4 and April 11, 2014.

Wow - Just when I thought NCL's powers couldn't get any greater they have succeeded in moving London 50 miles south west towards Southampton thereby making Southampton into a "London" port! Slightly misleading' date=' I think!

[img']http://www2.ncl.com/sites/default/files/18728-11-Trans-Rot-Mia.jpg[/img]

Nothing new with NCL designating Southampton as "London". They also refer to Dover as "London".

Wow - Just when I thought NCL's powers couldn't get any greater they have succeeded in moving London 50 miles south west towards Southampton thereby making Southampton into a "London" port! Slightly misleading' date=' I think!

[/quote']

Did you not hear , London was moved for the Olympics ?

Guess they forgot to move it back.

We will not know until December. I see the Sun moving to a new homeport and the Pearl picking up the southern route. The Sun in Australia is not out of the question. I want the repo from Vancouver to Australia. Bring it on

I just wish she wasn't going to Nassau. That is our least favorite port. It would be nice if they could also spice up the itinerary a bit. There are more ports than St Thomas, St Maarten, and Nassau in the E. Caribbean.

I just wish she wasn't going to Nassau. That is our least favorite port. It would be nice if they could also spice up the itinerary a bit. There are more ports than St Thomas, St Maarten, and Nassau in the E. Caribbean.

The problem is that other (mostly) smaller ports are, well, small, and can't handle a ship of this size.

We will not know until December. I see the Sun moving to a new homeport and the Pearl picking up the southern route. The Sun in Australia is not out of the question. I want the repo from Vancouver to Australia. Bring it on

I'm with you on that one! Australia and New Zealand, here we come! I HOPE! :D

• 7 months later...

Archived