Sorry to see Mark Conroy go

I was sorry to see that Mark Conroy is moving up in January. Several times we cruised he was in the doorway to greet the passengers.

He stirred Regent in the right direction and was always available to answer our worriesome questions.

Congratulations Mark and good luck!!!!

Barefootfantasy

Congratulations to Mark Conroy. He deserves it:D

Poor us. I'm trying to learn more details about the different positions. Just don't like the thought of Regent and Oceania having the same "sort of president". Very weird indeed.

Of course, I don't know anything about the moves, but for the press release to say Conroy will become an "executive advisor" , without any operating responsibility, is classic corporate double-talk for being pushed aside. Maybe the reality is that he doesn't want to travel or whatever, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Of course, I don't know anything about the moves, but for the press release to say Conroy will become an "executive advisor" , without any operating responsibility, is classic corporate double-talk for being pushed aside. Maybe the reality is that he doesn't want to travel or whatever, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Ditto... Just sayin!

Congratulations to Mark Conroy. He deserves it:D

Poor us. I'm trying to learn more details about the different positions. Just don't like the thought of Regent and Oceania having the same "sort of president". Very weird indeed.

Define why you think Kamlani is a "sort of" President.

Define why you think Kamlani is a "sort of" President.

Very simple -- his position has been and will continue to be higher than that of a President. As you know, he is FDR's right hand man. Nothing negative implied by my comment.

Don, I would like to make one suggestion/statement. There are going to be some Regent loyalists that are not happy with this upcoming change. Rather than arguing or questioning them, it may be best to allow us to vent. We know that you have the highest respect for PCH and its' management. It isn't that others do not have that respect....... it simply takes time to digest this information.

Thanks for your consideration.

Very simple -- his position has been and will continue to be higher than that of a President. As you know, he is FDR's right hand man. Nothing negative implied by my comment.

Thank you. It did appear to me to be negative.

Don, I would like to make one suggestion/statement. There are going to be some Regent loyalists that are not happy with this upcoming change. Rather than arguing or questioning them, it may be best to allow us to vent. We know that you have the highest respect for PCH and its' management. It isn't that others do not have that respect....... it simply takes time to digest this information.

Thanks for your consideration.

I will only say that having read the message from Mr. Conroy, and giving him the respect he deserves, and taking him at his word, it sounded sincere to me. He HAS been at the job for a long time, and he's not getting any younger. I can see him wanting to cut back. I can see it happening in exactly the manner he described so eloquently. I can also see the high regard that FDR has for him in creating this advisory position rather than losing him altogether. FDR will probably never completely take his hand off the helm, but has himself been cutting back and giving more responsibility to Kunal.

"I am very much looking forward to my new advisory role and taking a step back from the daily grind and extensive travel associated with running an international cruise line,’ Conroy said. ‘I enter my new role with the confidence that the day-to-day running of the company is in the capable hands of a seasoned team."

I guess I just don't see any grand conspiracy theory to push Mr. Conroy aside.

For those who think that Apollo is a somehow "hands off" think again.This move is driven by the financial ownership looking for a speedy exit.

I am sorry to see a stalwart like Mr Conroy depart but lets not have any illusions here.He has been ousted by Apollo.

Could also be an "I quit" scenario. It's often difficult for an exec to "just walk" due to contractual issues such as non competes and deferred comp etc. Often an agreement like this "advisory role" is reached to soften the PR blow. I agree there is definitely more to the story one way or another...

Exec changes are usually much more complicated than they appear on the surface. Lots CC speculatinve discussion here based on no facts. However, the true facts will probably never come to light...and if they do, conspiracy theorists will ignore them.

FDR has stated over and over and over and over....... Regent and Oceania will not merge!!!! I believe him! However, I still am not confident that he truly understands Regents luxury cruise competition. IMO, building what might be the most beautiful ship in the world does not make it luxury. Unless or until FDR personally steps foot on Silversea, Seabourn or Crystal, IMO, he will not understand the competition. How can Regent compete when the competition is not understood?

Side note: Mark Conroy knows the competition -- but, did anyone listen? Just curious.

Exec changes are usually much more complicated than they appear on the surface. Lots CC speculatinve discussion here based on no facts. However, the true facts will probably never come to light...and if they do, conspiracy theorists will ignore them.

Absolutely right, Larry.

Archived