LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

I am trying to live vicariously through you but it is very difficult when it is 41 degrees here in landlocked Missouri. Can't wait until we are back on the Vision in December! Thanks for the great pictures/review.

I take it that the Vision has not gone through the big renovation like the Rhapsody? Is she scheduled for the same?

The enhancement schedule for Vision shows that she will be completed on 10/23/2013. Here is a list of what is to be added to Vision.

Outdoor movie screen

Centrum aerial entertainment

R Bar

Viking Crown Lounge

Nightclub

Chef’s Table

Chops Grille

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

iPad in staterooms

New staterooms

Updated staterooms

New Family Suite

Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

Edited by cruisenfever

Wow! I'm marking this down..."do a Panama Canal cruise in early October". :D

Hi there! Since you live in New York and unless you are doing a round trip like Trainman might I suggest you fly to San Diego and cruise from there back to the east coast. It really makes the changes in the time zones go easier. We did our crossing the end of Sept. and since it was an 18 day trip we had no small children and only one family with 2 young teanagers. It was fabulous! We were on the Celebrity Mercury which has since be sold and now the Millenium does the trip. It is about the same size as the Vision which is our favorite Royal class! You will love it. I will say that the new locks will be open in 2014...but maybe Trainman can give us an update on a more acurate time. We want to go again when they are open.

Question, I have subscribed to this thread but what does that mean?? Do I get a shortcut to it somewhere?? Just asking coz I have never subscribed to one before.

We are on the Vision on Nov 12th so very keen to see how things go.

Question, I have subscribed to this thread but what does that mean?? Do I get a shortcut to it somewhere?? Just asking coz I have never subscribed to one before.

You should get an email when there is a posting if you chose that option. You can always bookmark it and go when you want.

If you click on "User CP" in the top left hand corner under the Cruise Critic Logo and below the "Message Boards" it will bring up all your subscribed theads that have new postings. If nothing shows up just click on "View All Subscribed Threads" and they will all show up. You can see that way if there were postings since your last visit.

I do it that way as I get tons of e-mails as it is. I really don't want a new one every time there is a posting on a thread I am following.

Here is a photo of one of the engines I built running on a friends track.

MVC-565L.jpg

Hello Trainman2,

We'll be sailing with you on Oct 19th. I see that you are really into trains. San Diego has a wonderful model train museum in Balboa Park. We've been there several times. The train operators are a very special class of guys who are eager to talk "trains" and show folks around. We showed interest in what they were doing, and were treated to a behind the scenes tour of how they build, set up the electrical system, and operate the model trains behind the scenes. May I suggest, if you and Mrs. Trainman, have a few hours to kill when you dock in San Diego, that you take a cab to the museum. Ask the driver to take you to Balboa Park and get you as close as he can to the entrance to the Model Train Museum, then pick you up a couple of hours later for the return trip to the ship. It's maybe a 5 mile trip from the ship to the museums in Balboa Park. Then a short walk to the Railroad Museum.

We'll see you on board the Vision on Oct 19th. Happy sailing!!!

Sailing Lucy

I must have "hexed" the Ship's Systems by saying good things about them.

The Internet Link went down during my last post and just cam beck up.

There is a comment on the Compass every day telling us to expect problems.

I will see hwat I can get accomplished.

Hi Graeme... It should show up on the drop down list under Quick Links> Subscribed Threads.

I am looking forward to your opinion on some of the excursions you take in November. :)

deb

Lunch in the MDR today

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

Thanks for the menu - does anyone know if the different ships have different menus? (I'm assuming they haven't changed Vision to the "new" menus).

The reason I ask is because this doesn't look familiar - I had a 'cheesesteak' sandwich that was a strip loin with onions, peppers and cheezy goodness in January that was DELICIOUS!! Are there different lunch menus each day? The first time we discovered lunch in the MDR was last January and didn't get a chance to try it out again in April.. but i've got 5 sea days coming next cruise so this will be my chance!!

as an aside... Could they be any more stingy with the lettuce on that burger??? We better not hear on day 9/10 that there's no lettuce left for salads :D