LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Trainman have a question for u

Is the dispenser in the shower is it body wash or shampoo need to know what to bring from home

Lou

I don't know wht it is but I use it as both and it works well.

I will try to find our what RCI sqays it is.

But the crisis was averted, my cruise was not ruined, and I don't have to sue RCI!

Wonderful attitude, This is what I would have done, too, I hope.

But I think glitches like this are part of why recent reviews have been poor.

I think you said earlier that there are a lot of new crew, so that is probably why. I am sure things will be better for us in January.:)

Last night when we returned to our cabin we were still sailing west along the south shore of Cuba. While we were sleeping the Captain made a turn to Port and we are now sailing South on an almost direct line to our first Port, Cartagena.

Not to quibble because I'm loving the reports but the graphic looks like you were skirting Cuba's north shore and made a turn to starboard. Should you maybe have had a little more of that coffee before you started typing?

Loving this review. We will be on Vision B2B on Jan 14th and 25th. Nice to hear the ship is in good shape. Enjoy your trip.......thanks for taking us along!!!!!!!!

Hello Bargeo. We will be on the first leg with you. I am on the roll call.:)

Hello Bargeo. We will be on the first leg with you. I am on the roll call.:)

Hi erbunny.......we have not signed up for the roll call yet, but we will. Traveling with my DH and 2 other couples......great friends. See you onboard!

Nice review so far - keep them comng, lots of people out there waiting for the next one.

And Rev nice to see your on here too - how have you been and where to next?

Thank you. Freedom in two weeks from today. Then Disney for the Food and Wine Festival and home on November 6th.

I love Jim's reviews and the fact that he takes all that time out of his very busy day for us is just so wonderful. I am very grateful.

have a great day

Rev

ZOWIE!

The Ship's Computer and Internet Systems are the most user friendly of all of the RCI Ships been on.

Earlier today I was able to upload in one shot:

- 23 photos of the Windjammer

- 42 photos of my Walk-Around on Deck 10

I have never been able to upload more that 4 photos at a time before!

KUDOS to the Ship's IT Team!

It was raining on my way to the Windjammer this morning.

IMG_0130.jpg

My Breakfast

IMG_0138.jpg

Judith slept late and asked for rolls and butter so I took her an assortment of things and helped her by eating the doughnuts for her.

IMG_0151.jpg

Ah, yes . . . an evening sail away. We once sailed out of Miami at 10:30 p.m. (itinerary change due to hurricane damage) and it was absolutely beautiful to see the lights of Miami (or Ft. Lauderdale) as we stood at the rail.

I would give anything to do that one over.

RCL cruises leave from San Juan @ night. Beautilful.

A Walk Around the Windjammer at Breakfast time.

But first note that the Vision is an old ship and still has the old style Windjammer serving areas designed for trays shown in the photo below.

It was nice, but RCI learned that people would load up their trays with two plates and lots of stuff and there was a lot of waste. So the trays were eliminated and the plates got a bit smaller.

IMG_0131.jpg

Random Photos...

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

I did a Walk-About on Deck 10 this morning.

It took me 38 minutes and I was totally pooped when I finished. I started on the Starboard Side next to the real elevators and walked forward and went around the ship counter clockwise.

I talked to the two RCI Crew Girls in the "Kid Zone" along the way. The told me there were "10" kids on the ship which is much worse than the "4" I had about heard before. But they still wouldn't let me in to take photos of the entire kid zone. I have tried before on other ships to photograph the "Kid Zone" and was always told it was because of "privacy" issues. But they had no kids in the zone when I was there.

Some things are simply beyond understanding!

Here we go...

I will try to post them in order as I walked and looked about.

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

I had a brief conversation with the Captain tonight and he confirmed yesterday's rumor.

We delayed sailing yesterday because some of the deliveries were late and the ship had to wait for them.

Did I miss it or were you able to find out why sailing was delayed?

Just waiting on deliveries.