LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

I brought a bunch of zip lock bags to preserve important things for later consumption in our cabin.

IMG_0114.jpg

I am also a cookie monster and keeps lots of them in our stateroom. When I wake up at 3am or first thing in the morning my stomach is grumbling. That's when i want C-O-O-K-I-E!!! yum,yum,yum,yum,yum.:D

Passing by Cuba.

Is this a missile or a light house or a light house with a missile inside of it.

IMG_0100.jpg

I didn't know you would go that close to Cuba. Looks like some sort of missile to me, but what do I know. :confused:

Hope you are having a great time. Weather looks great so far.

Gwen :)

All is well with us. We are having a great time and getting used to being at sea again.

Another excellent dinner in the MDR tonight.

Sorry but photos are not available. A new couple, from, Germany, joined us at the table tonight and we were having such a good time talking that I simply forgot.

Judith had the Roast Duck which she said was good but she has had better.

I had the Filet of Beef which is always excellent.

Our head waiter told us that the Vision has not implemented the new RCI Menus yet and would do so in about 3 months.

Overall, the Vision is a great ship and in good condition.

We are still finding our way around and figuring out where everything is.

Judith has learned that the Windjammer is in the rear of RCI ships on our past cruises together.

On the Vision the Windjammer is in the Bow and that has totally disoriented her. But she has 26 more days to figure it out.

Judith has learned that the Windjammer is in the rear of RCI ships on our past cruises together.

On the Vision the Windjammer is in the Bow and that has totally disoriented her. But she has 26 more days to figure it out.

Hehehe I think I'll just see how long it takes my 'crew' to figure this out on our Rhapsody Hawaii cruise... The recent sailings for them has been Liberty, Allure, Navigator, Oasis... Windjammer in the rear ships... Last Vision class was in 2006!

I booked mid-ship so they've got a 50/50 shot of getting fed ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehehe I think I'll just see how long it takes my 'crew' to figure this out on our Rhapsody Hawaii cruise... The recent sailings for them has been Liberty, Allure, Navigator, Oasis... Windjammer in the rear ships... Last Vision class was in 2006!

I booked mid-ship so they've got a 50/50 shot of getting fed ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be on Rhapsody in 2014. I will have to remember to walk the right way myself! I believe every ship I have sailed has had the Windjammer (or equivalent) in the aft and the spa is foreward. I may go to get a ham sandwich and end up with a mudpack instead.:eek:

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

I have been twice on Monarch, and the WJ is in the bow, with the almost always empty Jade the frontmost.

It is wonderful to hear that the ship is in good shape after reading some bas reviews earlier.

Have a wonderful time, and thanks so much.

Just checking in while I have my morning coffee. While I love the food pictures, I was so glad to read that you were having such a good time at dinner you forgot. Here is wishing you another good day and I will check back later for updates.

Day 3 - Sunday - At Sea - Somewhere In The Caribbean

Good Morning Everyone,

Actually we know where we are this morning. Last night we found the "Bridge Channel" (Channel 40) on the TV.

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

Last night when we returned to our cabin we were still sailing west along the south shore of Cuba. While we were sleeping the Captain made a turn to Port and we are now sailing South on an almost direct line to our first Port, Cartagena.

The Morning Coffee Crisis...:eek:

The Starboard coffee area was "closed for cleaning" according to a crew member who walked by.

It certainly needed it as it was filthy, and the floor was covered with trash.

IMG_0120.jpg

The Crewman told me that the Port side Coffee area was open so I headed over there.

The regular coffee was empty and the decaffeinated coffee was cold.

A Security Guy walked by and I asked him to go into the Windjammer and "Stir Them Up" to get out some coffee.

A few minutes later, a Crewman appeared with a pot of hot regular coffee and the crisis was ended, You can see the new por to the left of the two regular dispensers.

IMG_0118.jpg

Unfortunately, the port side sweetener supply was nearly exhausted so I went back to the Starboard side to complete preparing my coffee.

IMG_0119.jpg

Edited by Trainman-2

But the crisis was averted, my cruise was not ruined, and I don't have to sue RCI!

Ha! Ha! Good one Trainman-2....I love your attitude and thank you for doing this live report. Awesome as usual :)