LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

I hope you have a wonderful time - wow, what a cruise! I am wondering if you decided to do anything differently due to the length of the cruise? Eat/drink/sleep/exercise/gamble more or less than usual, take more excursions or stay on the ship more, anything that you have planned in advance to do differently than on a shorter cruise?

Will be following this avidly, we sailed here around the Baltics before she left Europe and found the ship well maintained and the staff were excellent and customer focused. Hope any changes in staff that you mentioned earlier of up to 1/3 to 1/2 doesn't change things too much on that front..

Happy Sailings..

GOOD MORNING Trainman and Judith!

I know that Trainman is a morning person (like me) so I thought I would check in for updates. I am betting he is currently walking around the ship taking pictures. Will check back later. Hope the first day a sea is a wonderful one!

Saturday - Day 2 - At Sea Somewhere in the Caribbean

Good Morning Everyone,

It is 7 am as I post and daylight has finally come.

Here is a nice photo of the pool from earlier this morning while I was on an important mission.

IMG_0074.jpg

My important mission of finding the coffee was accomplished in good order.

IMG_0075.jpg

Tonight is the First Formal Night

I am going to quit for now and head down to the cabin.

I delivered morning coffee to Judith and she said she would get up and head up to the Windjammer for breakfast with me.

She has a bad habit of going back to sleep so we will see.

Our cruise is off to a great start!

More later.......

Good morning Trainman-2. Boy that sail away last night was one of the swiftest I have ever seen. She was pulling 9.1 knots in the inlet before she got to open sea.

Enjoy the peace and quiet without the little ones aboard. Please take pictures of all the Fogyville deck snoozers. People can be so funny when their sleeping.:D

They may change the name of the Ship for this cruise to FogyVille of the Seas!

We got word last night that there are only four (4) minors (kids) on the ship. Two Toddlers and Two Teenage Girls

Wow! I'm marking this down..."do a Panama Canal cruise in early October". :D

Cruise Along With Trainman-2 & Judith for 28 Nights!

Royal-Cribbean-Vision-of-the-Seas.jpg

Two 14 Night Back-2-Back Panama Canal Transits

Itinerary-West.gifItinerary-East.gif

We have the same cabin for both legs of the B-2-B which is Cabin 8542 on Deck 8 and it is a a Handicapped Junior Suite so we will rack up some serious cruise points between tomorrow when we board and Nov 2nd when we debark.

I am posting "Live" from the Red Roof Inn in West Palm Beach, FL. Once again they discombobulated our reservation totally so this hotel is now high on our "Never Stay There Again" list. But we will persevere!

Tonight we are meeting one of our cruising friends for dinner and tomorrow we will make the 70 minute drive south to Port Everglades.

We have received several notifications from RCI warning us to not show up at the port until after 1:30 pm. The seating in the terminal is limited and the Vision is returning from Europe and is scheduled for;

- Full US Coast Guard Safety Check

- Full US Customs Check for Passengers and Crew

- Full Homeland Security Check for Who Knows What

There are also rumors of 1/3 to 1/2 of the crew changing.

We have no clue when we will be able to board the ship or when my first post from the ship will be tomorrow.

The Vision is one of RCI's smaller and older ships with a MDR, a Windjammer, and 8 bars and lounges. It does not have any Specialty Restaurants or a Concierge Lounge.

Have a GREAT time! Say, "hi" to Gil & Gail, for me!!

Ginger;)

Trainman Jim and Judith, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. I will, as I travel along with you both. I'm ready and waiting for the next installment. Thanx for the vicarious cruise that we will all enjoy along with you