Apparently time to learn about Oasis Class

You have tried them, right? Your thoughts? :)

Absolutely amazing ships. The entertainment is second to none. And just wait until you experience the Aqua Theater. You have never seens shows like this at sea before. Sitting outside in the warm Caribbean night under the stars watching the water shows. Taking a walk through Central Park in the evening with the subdued lighting and the music. It really is hard to describe the experience. You just have to see for yourself.

For someone like me who can't sit still very long and likes to walk and explore, these two ships are exceptional. They give you a lot of territory to cover. I completely understand how O and A may not suite everyone but I love them.

Absolutely amazing ships. The entertainment is second to none. And just wait until you experience the Aqua Theater. You have never seens shows like this at sea before. Sitting outside in the warm Caribbean night under the stars watching the water shows. Taking a walk through Central Park in the evening with the subdued lighting and the music. It really is hard to describe the experience. You just have to see for yourself.

For someone like me who can't sit still very long and likes to walk and explore, these two ships are exceptional. They give you a lot of territory to cover. I completely understand how O and A may not suite everyone but I love them.

Thanks for the input. You know I trust your opinions so I am glad to hear you really like the class. I definitely plan to go with an open mind and see if I can become a convert as well.....:)

They are both awesome ships and the biggest different are the production shows (they won't change for many years). We preferred Hair Spray over Chicago; but preferred Blue Planet over In the Air; we preferred the ice show on Allure. I honestly couldn't say which one I would chose if someone offered me a free cruise but I had to chose which one. Obviously the Allure is a year newer and it does have the Ipod doc, etc and plugs on top of the desk and that is a nice feature.

either way, you'll have an awesome time.

Even though I never heard of NOOTS, I guess I was one of them. But, after much cajolling by my 15 year old son, we are going on Oasis this Christmas. I also appreciate all the info. Is there a "fiesta" at Rita's Cantina? If so, what is it about?

They are both awesome ships and the biggest different are the production shows (they won't change for many years). We preferred Hair Spray over Chicago; but preferred Blue Planet over In the Air; we preferred the ice show on Allure. I honestly couldn't say which one I would chose if someone offered me a free cruise but I had to chose which one. Obviously the Allure is a year newer and it does have the Ipod doc, etc and plugs on top of the desk and that is a nice feature.

either way, you'll have an awesome time.

But Oasis has the sand artist as part of the ice show. She was awesome.

The ships are pretty much identical....very subtle differences. It's funny to hear some people claim they prefer Allure over Oasis due to entertainment in some of the lounges...that can and does change at any time....as well as you will find that a number of entertainers on these ships cross over from one to the other.

The biggest difference is Oasis sails Sat-Sat and Allure Sun-Sun...for most folks....the choice is made by the week they are traveling and which ship is doing the itinerary of choice.

I myself have sailed Oasis 10X and Allure 2X...no real big reason...just kind of fell that way pretty much....but for me Oasis holds more of a sweet spot simply because I sailed her for her naming ceremony and inaugural.....but I wouldn't hesitate to choose either...I have both booked for future sailings.

But Oasis has the sand artist as part of the ice show. She was awesome.

Yeah, they were definitely the star of the ice show. I wouldn't book Oasis just for them, but if I were on Oasis I would make sure to not miss them! :)

IMHO, I prefer the Allure because it is newer, has better entertainment and has a Mexican eatery instead of a fish house. It is my favorite ship now.

And the Hot Dog place instead of the dougnut shop, though you can get dougnuts nearby. After going on Allure for the second time next year, when I go back on this class of ship again I'll go for Oasis for different shows. There is a rumor that the Ritas and Fish place on Oasis may both change, so by 2015 (My lost likely return to this class, much may have changed, but I do know I could have a great time on either as is.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their input. I am making DD choose between the two...... :p:D

How old is she? I read your trepidation of trying this class of ship. If she is old enough to not be interested in the dreamworks stuff, you can have a great time of these ships and avoid the really crowded stuff.

How old is she? I read your trepidation of trying this class of ship. If she is old enough to not be interested in the dreamworks stuff, you can have a great time of these ships and avoid the really crowded stuff.

She's a young adult. Mid 20's and definitely a child to be proud of!:) So I do think the ship will be perfect for her. And, as I said, I will go planning to have a wonderful cruise and enjoy all these class of ships have to offer - even if it doesn't turn out to be my favorite class as I suspect. And I will officially turn in my NOOTS membership if I am wrong... :D

My 20 yo daughter and I are taking our 1st leap into this ship class this December. I guess I am a NOOTS, because I really prefer the smaller or "non-promenade" classes of ships. In addition, I prefer locations other than the Caribbean these days.

But, DD was hinting for shot at the big ships, and when it comes to cruising, it really doesn't take much begging to get me on board. I am sure I will have a great time, but my heart will always be with smaller ships and more diverse itineraries.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their input. I am making DD choose between the two...... :p:D

Never been on the Allure.

We did the Oasis, and it was the greatest vacation of a lifetime.

Fantastic ship.

Rarely will you see a negative review of the big girls. There is not a ship out there that compares. Be sure to see all shows..:) The Oasis was the best of many great cruises and we cant wait to get on the Allure next year.

My 20 yo daughter and I are taking our 1st leap into this ship class this December. I guess I am a NOOTS, because I really prefer the smaller or "non-promenade" classes of ships. In addition, I prefer locations other than the Caribbean these days.

But, DD was hinting for shot at the big ships, and when it comes to cruising, it really doesn't take much begging to get me on board. I am sure I will have a great time, but my heart will always be with smaller ships and more diverse itineraries.

So we are in the same boat so to speak. ;). You will have to post after your Dec. cruise and let e know how it was.:)

Yes, please let us know how it goes !! It will be nice to see how it is from a similar viewpoint.

She's a young adult. Mid 20's and definitely a child to be proud of!:) So I do think the ship will be perfect for her. And, as I said, I will go planning to have a wonderful cruise and enjoy all these class of ships have to offer - even if it doesn't turn out to be my favorite class as I suspect. And I will officially turn in my NOOTS membership if I am wrong... :D

They have an onboard desk to receive those membership cards, you know.:D

I know you will love your cruise on this marvelous ship.

Kathy

Cruiseguy1016, isujim, Lynnees, rubrrick, alwayshappytocruise, FL_Cruiser64, coxswain, B-52, HorrorFan, EtoiePB, Scoobydobe7, Tanker4, pam_1024, Barbee524, Cruise Junky, ISABELLA, terri23, Havana Daydreamin, birdie16, G'ma, seacruise9, NancyIL, PH8, Aubiecruiser, xpcdoojk, dollie, sea-cruise, waf125, jebl, twoputt.plusone,

Just a few of the die hard NOOTS. Wonder how many of these have, in fact, turned in their NOOTS membership cards to the Oasis/Allure quest relations' desk.:D

Didn't put Tranquil Waters in the list because her family is already in the process of intervention.

Keep it up. Your club membership will be revoked before you even have a chance to voluntarily relinquish it.

Cruiseguy1016, isujim, Lynnees, rubrrick, alwayshappytocruise, FL_Cruiser64, coxswain, B-52, HorrorFan, EtoiePB, Scoobydobe7, Tanker4, pam_1024, Barbee524, Cruise Junky, ISABELLA, terri23, Havana Daydreamin, birdie16, G'ma, seacruise9, NancyIL, PH8, Aubiecruiser, xpcdoojk, dollie, sea-cruise, waf125, jebl, twoputt.plusone,

Just a few of the die hard NOOTS. Wonder how many of these have, in fact, turned in their NOOTS membership cards to the Oasis/Allure quest relations' desk.:D

Didn't put Tranquil Waters in the list because her family is already in the process of intervention.

Thanks for today's laugh. :D.

But to answer Tags speculation about returned NOOTS membership cards:

I just cruised to Bermuda in Aug with 2p.p1 and she is still in possession of her card. I am cruising with waf125 on Vision this coming March and she is still an avid NOOTS. Aubiecruiser and xpcdoojk are both still NOOTS (although jc says he will sail Oasis class when they do a transatlantic ;)).

Rubrrick and ph8 I think have both tried the big mamas but am not sure if they were ready to turn in their cards or not.

The others I am not sure about.......

Archived