Things you would never wear.

I do not wear:

Crops

Capris

Faux fiber fabrics (pleather, poly, rayon, etc)

Spanx

Hose/Stockings

Mules

Heels higher than 3"

White tennis/running shoes

Leggings

Boot leg pants

Elastic waistbands

Mom jeans

Anything sparkled, spangled, beaded or bedazzled

Seen something on an tourist yesterday out shopping that shouldn't be seen outside imo!

One of these short playsuits that you put on 4 year old not ladies in their 50's, it was not a good look.

It was along the lines of this.

So would you or wouldn't you wear one of these. (I think I might know the answer already)!

Uh oh.....I won't post my picture then......I actually had a zebra striped romper with a red crochet shrug that I wore on embarkation day Had on a pair of zebra striped earrings and I got a ton of compliments on my outfit and I was 54 when I wore it......

Uh oh.....I won't post my picture then......I actually had a zebra striped romper with a red crochet shrug that I wore on embarkation day Had on a pair of zebra striped earrings and I got a ton of compliments on my outfit and I was 54 when I wore it......

I own a romper and I'm not 16. Mine looks like denim shorts and a top with crochet details. But I love not having to worry about my shirt riding up!

OK Ladies, please let's see the pictures of the romper suits on to see if we will change our minds.:p

Mine looks like this only red and it has a different pattern.

http://m.kohls.com/product/prd-1285119/rewind-floral-ruffle-front-romper.jsp

The only picture I have of myself in it on my ipod has another person in it so I can't really post it.

The only picture I have of myself in it on my ipod has another person in it so I can't really post it.

That looks nothing like my mental picture of a romper. I wouldn't realize that was one piece.

That looks nothing like my mental picture of a romper. I wouldn't realize that was one piece.

That's why I like it. It looks like shorts and a top, but the top doesn't ride up. It's basically the shorts version of a sundress.

There are some thing that i will never wear simply because i think they look silly on me. However they will look fantastic on others. I have 2 sisters one younger, one older. We are very close in looks. Same hair/eye/skin color. At a glance we also have the same body type, large bust, slim build, similar height. We often borrow each others clothes and often while shopping take the same things into the change rooms.

And yet something that will look fantastic on my older sister will look hideous on me. Ill buy something that will look just okay on me and then my younger sister will borrow it and it will look amazing.

So even thought there are a few things on peoples list that i my self wouldn't wear, i get that they can look fabulous on others.

Jumpsuits make me look like i am 10. Older sister looks fantastic and classy, like something out of Charlies angels lol.

Mullet Dresses I own one and honestly i look fabulous in it. But I hate how some look on others. Sometimes its too short at the front and to long in the back. I own one, but have literally tried on hundreds

Ridiculously high heels. I consider myself short at 5'2 and high high high heels can make you look shorter.

Halter necks I have seen on to many fashion shows people recommending halters for big busted woman :eek: I think they look hideous but that's just me and my personal opinions on bust and cleavage.

I give everything a fair go. My saying when i am in a change room trying on clothes. I am already naked i might as well try it on :D

Yes I think that would pass as it has two colors, so breaks up the traditional romper suit look. It looks dressy too.

However for me because it is short, if someone wearing it was roughly the same shape and body size as the picture it would work. IMO I don't think it would be so cute on a larger or older lady.

Again I think that breaks the mold as it is knee length. That actually suits what I perceive your personality to be like. It also looks slimming because of the pattern.

Thanks....I am different on a cruise than in "real life"....something about being on a cruise makes me act and dress like I wouldn't normally do. Maybe because of the idea that I don't know anyone and will prob never see them again.....except, I know that's not true....was in Barcelona last year at the port getting ready for the TA to Miami. Had already checked in and was waiting to board the ship. All of a sudden I hear...."Kathy!" I turned around and there was a lady (her husband was in line) that I had met in April on the Spring TA. There were actually 12 people on board (altho I only saw 6) that I had sailed with in April. I have started acting and dressing more "carefree" than before.....just because......NO ONE IS PROMISED TOMORROW, SO LIVE FOR TODAY.....I have been told more than a few times that I don't like my age of 55.....been told I look like I am 45-47.......

Hmmm, let me think:

-slim fit turtle necks (think 90's)

-crocks (I have heard that they are really comfy but I think they are hideous)

-skeltetoes (those water/exercise shoes that look like a skeleton foot, my husband loves them for vacation because he can wear them at the gym and in the water but they give me the willys-yuck!)

-Super high heels (If I feel that my achilles tendon is going to pop I don't buy them. I don't care how good they look)

-sweetheart/demi bra necklines-(I am a 34A so basically my chest is non-existent. These type of cuts would accentuate by breast bone as opposed to my cleavage line lol)

-harem pants (I know these are really in style, but I just don't like them. And, I hate buying clothes that are too trendy because after this year they will be so 'last season')

-super short shorts (I am 26 and a mom, so many of my shorts I have had to give away. I have a pear shape, so even being a size 2 is unforgiving in "booty" shorts- this baby has too much back to wear booty huggers- not to mention they are inappropriate in most settings for my age group. I think these need to be packed away after the teenage years, esp. if you have junk in your trunk)

-gladiator sandals (yet another big trend, but I don't like trends in general and my ankles are too skinny for these)

-plastic/jelly sandals (reminds me of the 90's trend when I was a kid. Any plastic/jelly on shoes look cheap to me. Esp. the dress up kinds that have "clear" portions with rhinestones etc.)

Again I think that breaks the mold as it is knee length. That actually suits what I perceive your personality to be like. It also looks slimming because of the pattern.

Since it comes below the knees I do not consider that a romper, in my mind. I would think that is more a " capri length jumpsuit." I was thinking more of something that barely covers the butt or perhaps a few inches below the butt sort've like my gym suit from 40 plus years ago in high school.

I guess I do not get out much. I have never seen that. I would still never wear it as I am too big in the middle (besides I am pushing 60) but I believe a woman under 40 could still wear it and some even over 40 may be able to get away with it.

Since I wear blouses/tops of around 28 to 30 inches in length and do not tuck in my shirts (again that mid section I have) I do not worry about shirts riding up. Besides with my old lady bladder I need something that is easy to "go potty." I also wear skirted tankinis and not one piece swimsuits-lol!

Archived