Things you would never wear.

Wear them with boots that have a sexy look to them. You should be able to do that- since you do not need snow boots in Orlando

I used to actually do that when I lived in the UK as being from Scotland we are plenty used to the cold, so spent a fortune on tights/stockings/hold ups as my uniform sometimes required them too.

Alas the cold got the better of us and we shipped across the Atlantic where we now feel the cold at low 70s...lol:eek:

@OP - yes, i agree with the crocs part.

some crocs are just buttf*gly, but the ones i have, are somewhat simple. i have the blue version of this:

crocs1.png

anyways, not much of a fashion statement, but for walking around where i DONT want to be barefoot, they're a savior to my toes! :) i do think tho it's quite grosss when people walk aroudn the deck barefoot. iiiiew - just saying.

Something else I am am seeing a lot of, must be the silly season - is red and green together, which we were brought up never to wear together and the rhyme went

Red and Green should never be seen except on an Irish Cailin (girl).

I think Christmas Elf when I see someone with red and green on but better not comment anymore or I will be getting coal in my stocking at Christmas:p

Something else I am am seeing a lot of, must be the silly season - is red and green together, which we were brought up never to wear together and the rhyme went

Red and Green should never be seen except on an Irish Cailin (girl).

I think Christmas Elf when I see someone with red and green on but better not comment anymore or I will be getting coal in my stocking at Christmas:p

with my mom it was pink and red and blue and green. I LIKE red and green together and most blues and greens. I only like pink and red together if the red leans toward a burgundy or wine red.

@OP - yes, i agree with the crocs part.

some crocs are just buttf*gly, but the ones i have, are somewhat simple. i have the blue version of this:

crocs1.png

anyways, not much of a fashion statement, but for walking around where i DONT want to be barefoot, they're a savior to my toes! :) i do think tho it's quite grosss when people walk aroudn the deck barefoot. iiiiew - just saying.

What's gross about walking around the deck barefoot?

whilst on travel to to the philippines and if you've been to some of the areas where people are barefoot walking on the road with no kind of slippers/sandals, you'd understand.

so it's just my view of walking around.....not barefoot tho.

I thought of something seasonal I no longer wear...holiday sweaters or shirts. It's been over 10 years ago that I looked at my assortment, folded up and stored away. I only wore them once a year, if that, and just wanted that storage space back. I happily chucked them into the Goodwill bag and haven't looked back since.

I thought of something seasonal I no longer wear...holiday sweaters or shirts. It's been over 10 years ago that I looked at my assortment, folded up and stored away. I only wore them once a year, if that, and just wanted that storage space back. I happily chucked them into the Goodwill bag and haven't looked back since.

Oh it's not Christmas with a Rudolph sweater:D:D

After reading all these posts..........I have to wonder, what would you wear that would be acceptable to all, and not put you on the awkward, outsider list for wearing something that is now labeled a no no. I have at least worn one object on the bad list...........I feel not so good about that.

Take into condisderation what is said about all body shapes, weights and such............

I must say I do agree with a lot of the things mentioned here.......however how about starting a list of acceptable wear. I betcha you will get a bunch of posts saying your crazy....they would never wear that.

And that is what is great about it, variety is the spice of life and what others think oh my goodness I would never wear that others happily wear every day.

I am sure we all own and wear something on everyone's recent what not to wear post!

I will happily fess up to owning Christmas tops that I probably wear once each year! However, I would wear it 365 days a year before I would put an Ugly Croc clog on my feet:D:D:D:D:D:D

Happy 1st of December!

After reading all these posts..........I have to wonder, what would you wear that would be acceptable to all, and not put you on the awkward, outsider list for wearing something that is now labeled a no no. I have at least worn one object on the bad list...........I feel not so good about that.

Take into condisderation what is said about all body shapes, weights and such............

I must say I do agree with a lot of the things mentioned here.......however how about starting a list of acceptable wear. I betcha you will get a bunch of posts saying your crazy....they would never wear that.

It's all personal choice and I don't think you would ever get the majority to agree on one look. What I like for myself the next person may think as hideous. Also, what I admire on others just would not work for me (platform heels come to mind)....or really any heel. So I dress to please myself and don't worry what others may think.

My daughter will be 21 next month, I am 59, we are worlds apart when it comes to fashion. Although, I always think she looks adorable :)

What do I think looks good on most women? A well fitted dark wash jean with a nice top. The jeans/shoes/top will vary by the person. Probably that well fitted thing goes for almost any clothing. Clothing that is too tight or too loose just doesn't work for anyone.

It's all personal choice and I don't think you would ever get the majority to agree on one look. What I like for myself the next person may think as hideous. Also, what I admire on others just would not work for me (platform heels come to mind)....or really any heel. So I dress to please myself and don't worry what others may think.

My daughter will be 21 next month, I am 59, we are worlds apart when it comes to fashion. Although, I always think she looks adorable :)

What do I think looks good on most women? A well fitted dark wash jean with a nice top. The jeans/shoes/top will vary by the person. Probably that well fitted thing goes for almost any clothing. Clothing that is too tight or too loose just doesn't work for anyone.

I am always buying things for my daughter that I WISH I could wear. You know, cute stuff that would no longer work for me either because of my age or weight-sometimes both my age and weight. She usually likes what I get-occasionally I miss the mark. Now, ten years ago I would not dare buy her anything without her okaying the purchase. Her being nearly 30 helps.

There are a lot of trendy things she will not wear now that she is older that she would have jumped at in her late teens/early twenties. She likes to dress youthful but not (what she considers) childish. She usually does not go for much that comes from the junior department. Some things I think still would work for her but she does not agree-that is when I "miss" the mark if I buy form the junior department for her. If I stay away from there I do okay when buying her things.

For myself, I find that I like the classic styles more and more. I wear a lot of black and white, or black and taupe-but I like throw in a pop of color in a scarf or necklace. I also wear a lot of black pants/skirts with teal, red, and fuchsia, tops-that are usually in a small print with black, white or both.

I bet they were scooped up by ebay sellers . Christmas sweaters bring in good money on ebay especially if they are ugly .

I'm definitely not sorry to be rid of them! Most of my holiday shirts were long sleeved, scoop neck T shirts, not many sweaters. It rarely gets cold enough around here for a long sleeved, scoop neck T shirt in December.

One of my several embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions was a holiday sweater. A woman at a Christmas party noticed that a sequins was loose on my sweater (brand new, first wearing) and pulled on the loose thread. I think she was trying to twist it around the next sequins, will never really know why she didn't just tell me. Well, the thread kept pulling and sequins/beads all came flying off the sweater. We had a good laugh getting them up off the floor, so no one would slip and fall on the beads. I just kept pulling them off when I got home, no use wearing such a cheaply made sweater again just for the ornamentation. Sad part was, it wasn't cheap to buy.

That was gosh, probably 15 years ago. Ebay sellers/Goodwill shoppers only got a red sweater with that one :D

The thing is that there are plenty of things I'd never wear that I think look great on others, just not for me. So it's not always about a judgement of wow that's ugly, lot's of times it's wow, that would have looked great on me 30 years ago, or that looks great, but uncomfortable, & so on.

The thing is that there are plenty of things I'd never wear that I think look great on others, just not for me. So it's not always about a judgement of wow that's ugly, lot's of times it's wow, that would have looked great on me 30 years ago, or that looks great, but uncomfortable, & so on.

Agree wholeheartedly! Especially admire a lot of the heels and some of the sexy dresses. Would I want to be 20-something again? No (but do miss the body!)

Truer words were never spoken! :D

LOL! I agree. It could not been said better. However, even if I had my younger body back-I doubt I could wear the spiky heels. I never could once my daughter was born-and I still had a fairly nice body for another 20 years after she was born, although I never had the tiny waist again. I still do not understand how pregnancy changed my feet-I just know it did.

Archived