Things you would never wear.

-

Crocs (the big ugly ones with holes in them)I wear them only in my cabin(have Planters faciitis) Man do they do the trick though

- T-shirts (unisex or male)I need to bring my T-shirt that says" I lied to get the job, they lied about the job, now we are even"

- Character t-shirts, tourist t-shirts, what I tend to see as "tacky" t-shirts (just my personal taste)I love snoopy though

- Fanny packs I'll give you that one!!!

- Socks with sandalsYeah, never understood that one!

- Hose with open toed shoes or sandalsHow dare you call me that:rolleyes:

- Pajamas or robes in public Pajamas are so comfortable though!!

- "trainer" tennis shoes unless I'm doing something actually active and then never with huge, long socksSome people like comfort? I don't know.

- revealing my bra strapsThose that wear bra's!!:D

- Super short shorts

Well no worries there! I think I'm too fat to wear those!!:eek:

Okay Ladies,,,, we are still laughing about the woman who we saw evenings wearing her bathing suit top as a shirt. She wore that bathing suit top day and night...we were on a 12 night.. :o It went from the beach to the dining room and lounges..:eek:

Just thought Id share! LOL

Packing light I guess.

Okay Ladies,,,, we are still laughing about the woman who we saw evenings wearing her bathing suit top as a shirt. She wore that bathing suit top day and night...we were on a 12 night.. :o It went from the beach to the dining room and lounges..:eek:

No pictures? ;)

Maybe her other suitcase got lost and all she had was the suit she put in her carryon for the first day. And she didn't want to buy clothes at the ship shops.

I have used fanny packs when biking or horse back riding; otherwise no. I'm not a big backpack wearer; my hips can support more weight than my shoulders. ;)

I would never wear boots with summer weight clothes. I know it's a style but not one I'll ever understand.

Another airline losing someone's suitcase or no tip and longshoreman "accidently" dropped it in the drink!:eek::rolleyes:;)

I'm not a matchy-matchy person, and my general approach to fashion is the classic Less is More.

I don't wear matching earring/necklace/bracelet sets. And, though I LOVE jewelry, I won't even wear earrings+necklace+bracelet, I just think it's too much. Any two, and coordinating instead of matching, but never all three.

I don't wear suits. I have lots of separate coordinates -- skirts, pants, dresses, jackets -- but I would never ever be caught dead wearing a skirt or pants with the matching jacket. Coordinating, always, but never matching! (Think brown tweed skirt with a solid brown blazer.)

I can't stand when people put together a beautiful outfit and their shoes are just all wrong for the clothes -- either too casual (think sneakers or flip-flops with a pretty skirt and jacket) or too formal (like sparkly heels with jeans and a sweatshirt). I always make sure my shoes are appropriate to my outfit.

I also like to make sure my outerwear matches my outfit. Nothing ruins a great look like a ski-jacket! I love coats -- wool winter coats, blazers, peplum jackets, denim or corduroy casual jackets -- and I always make sure they work with what's underneath!

I can't not match my purse and shoes to my outfit! It's almost a compulsion -- I refuse to carry a brown handbag if I'm wearing black shoes (or the other way around!)

I also, like many of you, would never ever ever be caught dead in Crocs, anything midriff baring (I have a long torso, so often even regular shirts are too short for me!), capri pants or leggings.

http://www.zappos.com/jessica-simpson-waleo-pink-hope-inca-nubuck

I find these hideous/hilarious and these are not the worst example of this style.

Worn with the right clothes and by a younger woman, not so hideous. Worn with revealing clothing and overdone hair/makeup, a person may as well be walking the streets.

What I find weird is how many women wear these types of shoes for everyday wear. I'm a big Disney fan and go to Disneyland frequently (no, I do not wear their logo wear :p) and to see women spending the day walking around Disney in platforms makes my feet ache. I also notice women shopping while wearing them in the mall, many of them hobbling along. There are not a whole lot of women who can really walk well in very high heels, I've even seen actresses/models hobbling in them (and they practice).

I know I would not be able to walk in a platform or very high heeled shoe, nor would they look right on me, so I'll pass.

When I was in my twenties I would wear a higher heel all day/night, even shopping, not Stiletto type heels but thicker type heels and at the time my feet didn't hurt truthfully.

Now, some 15 years on, it is be a whole different matter and I would only wear a really high heel during the day for a one off like a wedding or special event like Royal Ascot. (And every night on a cruise).

Worn with the right clothes and by a younger woman, not so hideous. Worn with revealing clothing and overdone hair/makeup, a person may as well be walking the streets.

What I find weird is how many women wear these types of shoes for everyday wear. I'm a big Disney fan and go to Disneyland frequently (no, I do not wear their logo wear :p) and to see women spending the day walking around Disney in platforms makes my feet ache. I also notice women shopping while wearing them in the mall, many of them hobbling along. There are not a whole lot of women who can really walk well in very high heels, I've even seen actresses/models hobbling in them (and they practice).

I know I would not be able to walk in a platform or very high heeled shoe, nor would they look right on me, so I'll pass.

Stacey would love those. She would pair them with a black dress and perhaps a mostly neutral scarf (say black and gray abstract) with tiny bits of hot pink.

I also think most women under 30 could wear those and many women under 40 could get away with it and perhaps even a few under 45. (like Jennifer Annistan)

When I was in my twenties I would wear a higher heel all day/night, even shopping, not Stiletto type heels but thicker type heels and at the time my feet didn't hurt truthfully.

Now, some 15 years on, it is be a whole different matter and I would only wear a really high heel during the day for a one off like a wedding or special event like Royal Ascot. (And every night on a cruise).

I can relate. I liked high heels. I did not wear spiky ones after my duaghter was born as they hurt my feet too much- but I would still wear a heel just under 3 inches until my late 40's when even that became painful.

I don't wear matching earring/necklace/bracelet sets. And, though I LOVE jewelry, I won't even wear earrings+necklace+bracelet, I just think it's too much. Any two, and coordinating instead of matching, but never all three.

Totally agree, and one of my favorite quotes is this simple one by Coco Chanel: "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory." :D

Totally agree, and one of my favorite quotes is this simple one by Coco Chanel: "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory." :D

YES! I totally accessorize by that mantra! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Seen something on an tourist yesterday out shopping that shouldn't be seen outside imo!

One of these short playsuits that you put on 4 year old not ladies in their 50's, it was not a good look.

It was along the lines of this.

So would you or wouldn't you wear one of these. (I think I might know the answer already)!

362630738_notagoodlook.jpg.6c62c81006ff02f1e509de62d932065e.jpg

Seen something on an tourist yesterday out shopping that shouldn't be seen outside imo!

One of these short playsuits that you put on 4 year old not ladies in their 50's, it was not a good look.

So would you or wouldn't you wear one of these. (I think I might know the answer already)!

Even on the model, I do not think it is very flattering....on a 50 year old???? NO WAY....but then again, there are tons of people that do not care what people think.:eek:

I had one of those and loved it! When I was about six.

I just bought these in gold (Nine West) as a possibility to take on my cruise in May. I LOVE platform shoes - and I could totally wear these all day - not if I had a job I was standing all day - but to the office where I sit a lot and walk some - for sure. And yes shopping. And I'm not in my 20's or even my 30's. The platform makes them very comfy and easy to wear.

But I understand we all have different tastes. I saw some pictures of fugly casual shoes that at first I wasn't sure if the poster was serious - eye of the beholder and all that. :p

Oh for sure - right along with my gold platform shoes I just bought LOL.

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

(Not about the platforms though).

Don't you think that some people have "magic mirrors" at home that make everything they put on look absolutely stunning! :eek: That on top of an over-exhuberant sales clerk, the 50 yo probably thought she looked adorable!:p:rolleyes:

Archived