captain club host

neverbeenhere

Don't want to break any rules --- what do you LIKE about the various captain club hosts?

I will start with--- The first time we sailed with Ti Anne, she knew everyone's name in the elite lounge before the first night. I listened to her greet every elite by name. Awesome.

I think it's real subjective. Like reading two reviews of same cruise with "best food ever" and "worse food ever".

I had bad experience with Graeme and would go out of my way not to sail with him again. We are about as unassuming, easy going passengers as you will find and he managed to disappoint.

Anyone can have a bad day or week. One of the people mentioned as a favorite by many recieved horrible reviews from a number of people on the same cruise. I know this person and sailed with them the prior week. They were suffering from a medical condition that made it difficult to stand for any length of time. Surgery was required and permission granted to leave early and fly home for the surgery. The night before the Host/Hostess was to leave they recieved news of the death of their Father-in-Law. I spoke to this Host/Hostess as they were leaving the ship for the airport and assumed that they were on their way. I heard later that they were called back to the ship since a substitute could not be arranged. Passengers would not have known the situation, they only saw what thay saw. I'll be cruising with this Host/Hostess in the near future and look forward to seeing them back in top form.

The Captain's Club host/hostess organizes the Captain's Club events, coordinates the invitations to the Officer's Table, explains the Captain's Club benefits to passengers, checks on passengers' records of past cruises for them, and some can do Future Cruise Bookings, among other things.

Ti Anne is great!! There were only 55 elites on our sailing...
We had Ti Ann on a sailing with 692 Elites, and she did a great job even with that crowd!
... Since then the powers to be at Celebrity have made it clear that these demands should be refused by the Hosts and that they are to report any threats. several demanding passengers have been invited by Celebrity to take a vacation from cruising on their ships.
Glad to hear this.

I shared that cruise with Bob & Phyl [WVUFan], and would agree with his assessment of that experience. I will say that we have since had another cruise with that Hostess and had a much better experience.

Thom

One more vote for Juliana. After seeing how wonderfully she handled 500+ CC members on the Silhouette inaugural TA (with rough seas to boot), I was impressed. Always sporting a huge smile and cheerful. Was very sad to hear that she left the company.

Cheers,

Luc

We think very highly of Graeme - only disappointment is that he is leaving the Constellation before our 11/18 wine cruise.

To Infinity I believe - nothing but praise for Graeme, who has managed to make both our cruises on Connie a real pleasure.

My vote would be for Mellissa Snow with Tri-Ann a close second. My wife & i will be on the solstice 11-23-12 for a 16 night Singapore to sydney & Mellissa has sent me several E-Mails checking on us. mellissa was our hostess on the Mercury for 6 cruises.we havebeen on 25 celebrity cruises so we have met several hosts.

Unfortunately I haven't cruised with Ti-Anne for some time. She is a very special person. I was on Century with her a few years ago when she was informed that she had just established the record for the highest guest ratings.

Ti-Ann is home with no orders yet.

The Captain's Club host/hostess organizes the Captain's Club events, coordinates the invitations to the Officer's Table, explains the Captain's Club benefits to passengers, checks on passengers' records of past cruises for them, and some can do Future Cruise Bookings, among other things.

Thank you

Does anyone know what happened to Jonette (Briones-Sarmiento)? She was the CC Hostess on Century last spring, but I couldn't find her anywhere on the latest version of Arno's chart of "who's onboard".

She was on the Century for our May 27 seven day Alaska cruise this past spring.

We were treated so well by Korinna Murphy on Century twice last year that I surely hope to sail with her again. Has anyone who has sailed recently seen her aboard? She was due to leave Century about mid-March and head for a well deserved vacation.

Tanishka is also a favorite. She took great care of us on Infinity a few years back.

Korina has retired back home to PEI.

I will have to go with the wonderful Melissa Snow. We have been with her on two different ships and find her fantastic. She seems to enjoy all on the ship and will go out of her way for you. Our first experience was with her on Mercury Panama cruise. Lots of Elites on that cruise and I think she made everyone feel extra special.

It was through her that we were inivited to the Captain's table on our last Solstice cruise. It was an experience I will never forget.

Oh wow, so it sounds like Bruce Van der Boon is now a CC host???

When we sailed on Eclipse summer of 11, he was in guest relations. I can see why he would have been promoted. He was so charming and incredibly wonderful. I LOVED him and would love to see him on a sailing as a CC host! He is the CC host on reflection from what I read? I wish he would be our host on Summit next summer. I even got to speak Dutch with him! :D

Ti-Anne does an outstanding job as host - showing a genuine interest in each person she meets, introducing them to others and promoting a friendly atmosphere. No matter how busy she is there is always a smile and greeting. In the future hope we are fortunate enough to cruise again with Ti-Anne.

When we sailed on Eclipse summer of 11, he was in guest relations. I can see why he would have been promoted. He was so charming and incredibly wonderful. I LOVED him and would love to see him on a sailing as a CC host! He is the CC host on reflection from what I read? I wish he would be our host on Summit next summer. I even got to speak Dutch with him! :D

Bruce is the CC Host on the Millennium and doing a wonderful job. He is very charming and goes above and beyond---at least he did for us on an August sailing! He really made a point to connect with all the CC guests.

Is Bruce Dutch, Belgian or South African?

~ Ric

Archived