Lobster Tails in the Terrace Cafe!

burm

Burm

Lobster every night?? Good lord - think of your waistline, young woman!! :) :)

DH tells me that I am more excited about the wonders of the new Terrace Grill than I am about the wonders of Tahiti, Easter Island, and Machu Picchu. :p

One must set one's priorities, don't you think?

OK - I'm buying the virtues of lobster, but I suspect that didin't factor in the butter I will drench it in before each mouthful!

I plan to exercise amazing self control with the butter - but as a backup, I will pack Spanx and pants with elasticized waists. :D

It's funny - my partner and I are both 6' tall and weigh about 160 pounds.

I was firmly told that I was not allowed(!!!) to have the Surf & Turf on a daily basis as it was "excessive"!!! This from the man who had ever more wild and wonderful milk shake combos daily. When this was pointed out to him, he said "that was different". Never argue with a physician - you will lose.

We will be on the Riviera in one month, I'd better start my diet immediately!! I intend to eat lobster and lobster tails every day. It'll be difficult fitting in lamb chops, crab cakes, king crab claws, etc. but I'll try.

LOL. Actually, depending on your body type and metabolism, an all lobster and protein diet could help you to lose weight.

It's when you mix in the carbs (the 10 types of gelato they have, for example) that causes the weight gain :)

Just returned from a 15 night cruise aboard the Marina. Yes, Lobster tails in the Terrace Cafe and surf and turf sandwich (hamburger topped with a peice of grilled lobster) in Waves. You can request lobster on a bun without the burger. But, don't forget the whole Maine lobster in the Polo Grille and if you like, they will remove the shell for you. Best lobster I ever had. Also, in Polo, you can get surf and turf (Filet Mignon and a lobster tail). Lobster is available in all of the specialty restaurants. However, don't pass up the opportunity to have rack of lamb or the fantasatic veal chop in Toscana. And, don't miss having a steak or prime rib in the Polo Grille. It's all a "prime" grade beef. Luckily, I gained only 6 and 1/2 pounds.

Those truffled parm fries are my favourite. Now if we could have them on Nautica when we are on board for 25 days I'd be a happy camper.

I get that the small ships don't have room for the other delicacies, but surely they have room for some fresh Parmesan and truffle salt.

Hmm, maybe I'll have to pack some and doctor my own! ;)

Mo

Just returned from a 15 night cruise aboard the Marina. Yes, Lobster tails in the Terrace Cafe and surf and turf sandwich (hamburger topped with a peice of grilled lobster) in Waves. You can request lobster on a bun without the burger. But, don't forget the whole Maine lobster in the Polo Grille and if you like, they will remove the shell for you. Best lobster I ever had. Also, in Polo, you can get surf and turf (Filet Mignon and a lobster tail). Lobster is available in all of the specialty restaurants. However, don't pass up the opportunity to have rack of lamb or the fantasatic veal chop in Toscana. And, don't miss having a steak or prime rib in the Polo Grille. It's all a "prime" grade beef. Luckily, I gained only 6 and 1/2 pounds.

Are you sure it was hamburger??

Jancruz1

OMG! Can 100 people please confirm this so I can believe it is true! :eek:

How is the quality?

You have made me very happy. :D

I am just off the Marina and can confirm that it is true, and the lobster is pretty darned good. The only caveat is that there is always a crowd around the grill station, but you can handle that, right?

We've never had a surf & turf burger.

I can confirm however, that we still have our world famous surf & turf sandwich consisting of sliced grilled lobster and sliced filet Mignon served on ciabatta bread and accompanied by hand cut truffle fries dusted with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

FDR

Does this mean I don't have to do shore excursions? I can stay on the boat and eat? Hey, this could really be an issue.....

Can we get back to the FOOD for a moment ???

Is this lobster tail and the sandwhich that JimandStan provided a picture of or at least a side order of the fries

ever available on the Regatta?

or is it just on O ships?

Thanks

I think it is is just on the O class ships but have not been on the R-class ships since some of the new menu items have been introduced

hope someone with recent experience will give you an answer

Lyn

I am just off the Marina and can confirm that it is true, and the lobster is pretty darned good. The only caveat is that there is always a crowd around the grill station, but you can handle that, right?

Maureen, could you please have your butler grab me a daily plate? We know you will end up moving to PH.

Or did your butler on the Insignia say that he was moving over to the Marina? :eek:

Can we get back to the FOOD for a moment ???

Is this lobster tail and the sandwhich that JimandStan provided a picture of or at least a side order of the fries

ever available on the Regatta?

or is it just on O ships?

Thanks

Sorry, that sandwich and those specialty fries are only available on the larger ships.

The expanded menu in Waves and the Terrace Restaurant are just two of the reasons why I think that I am addicted to the Marina & Riviera.

-by the way, if you have read this forum for any length of time, you will know that I did not start off as a fan of Oceania building ships of that size.

marina--riviera-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

but.....

Oh what the heck boy, get it off your chest-

I was Wrong

Lobster tails (small but unlimited) were available every night in the Terrace Grill. One night my husband asked for one in the MDR but was told not available since it was not on the menu.

The pasta and sauces varied each night in the Terrace Grill and were excellent.

• 1 year later...