Squished Pennies?

DH and I are sailing on the Allure this Sunday.

I have a huge squished penny collection and am wondering if they have any penny machines either on the ship, at Port Everglades, and also at our other stops, Labadee, Falmouth, &/or Cozumel.

Thanks!

I have a huge squished penny collection and am wondering if they have any penny machines either on the ship, at Port Everglades, and also at our other stops, Labadee, Falmouth, &/or Cozumel.

Thanks!

I have no idea what a squished penny collection is. But there are no penny slots on the Allure if that is what you are asking.

On its maiden voyage The Allure had a live squished penny man on board, making Allure souveniers, but that was only for the first few weeks, I think I still have some of the pennies lying around somewhere, but the wife would kill me if I let them go. :D

Thanks!

I have no idea what a squished penny collection is. But there are no penny slots on the Allure if that is what you are asking.

No, it's not gambling :)

It's a machine where you put a penny in, 2 quarters, or maybe more, in the slot, and this machine makes a souvenir token out of your penny.

you might find one at the airport but other than that I have never seem them on a ship or in the port areas.

We're you looking? I was just talking to DH and he mentioned (not for the first time) that he had never seen them before he met me and now he sees them everywhere! There one of those things you don't really acknowledge unless you have reason too.

Thanks!

I could be mistaken, but I have a vague recollection of seeing one on Oasis. If so, I'm sure it would be on the Boardwalk. They definitely had one of those "Tell Your Fortune" machines. Edited by Mark_K

My DH collects these everywhere! It's not the same as flattening a penny, the machine actually imprints a local image and words onto the penny. And I agree, it's a fun, cheap (51 cents) souvenir, a little like a passport stamp;) DH keeps his in a "Penny Passport" like this....

http://coppermemories.com/cbook.html?gclid=COfozu2BjrMCFcFxOgodqhsAZA

Alas, we didn't see any onboard Oasis, or in the Eastern ports she called on (or the Western ones we've been on other cruises), because DH probably would have found them!

It would be another revenue stream for RCL to have them onboard tho;)

We were on the Norwegian Gem last month and they did indeed have a squished penny machine, exactly where pennycollector.com said it was!

My daughter collects squished pennies, so we were thrilled to find it. They charged $1 to your seapass; you didn't need quarters and pennies. The machine supplied the penny to drop in and you turned the handle to squish it just like any other squished penny machine. There were four different design options.

My DD collects them, haven't seen them anywhere, but now I plan to look more. They are getting more popular so maybe they will be more common as time goes on. We try and use a pre 1982 penny, being more real copper, you can sometimes get really cool color streaks. I'll have to add old pennies to the packing list. :)

We're you looking? I was just talking to DH and he mentioned (not for the first time) that he had never seen them before he met me and now he sees them everywhere! There one of those things you don't really acknowledge unless you have reason too.

Yes we were--DD loves collecting them from wherever we travel. We even always travel with a large supply of quarters and new shiny pennies (they make the best, easiest to read ones) in case we come across one. We've never been on Oasis and Allure but have not seen them on our cruise

travels,