Taxi vs SAS for group of 6

2wheelin

We are six adults arriving FLL, staying at the Marriott Biscayne in Miami before cruise, then returning from POM to FLL. Have priced SAS at $90+ tip. Slightly concerned after reading some of these posts about a quick return for all of us after the cruise (SAS not there when you need them etc.) so am wondering about the availability/cost of taxi for six. Are there quite a few vans available?

We are six adults arriving FLL, staying at the Marriott Biscayne in Miami before cruise, then returning from POM to FLL. Have priced SAS at $90+ tip. Slightly concerned after reading some of these posts about a quick return for all of us after the cruise (SAS not there when you need them etc.) so am wondering about the availability/cost of taxi for six. Are there quite a few vans available?

If you are concerned about SAS, try Quality Limo Service (QLS). They get good reviews on these boards and are priced about the same as SAS. I have QLS booked for my ride to the POM from my FLL hotel. To surprise my kids, I booked their 6 passenger limo. A little bit more but a nice way to start a vacation :D

You could check a private car service. I have reserved an SUV (up to 7 passengers) with Johns car service dot com. I sent him an email instead of using the online reservation system. He is charging us $90 including tip. This includes meeting us at the baggage claim with a luggage cart. I cruise in 3 weeks. I can let you know how it goes, if you like.

SAS for 6 passengers will charge you $13 per person.

It works out the same as hiring a private SUV for $90 if you give the driver a 15% tip.

$13 per person for six people to POM is $89.70 if you figure in a 15% tip. $13.00 + $1.95 (15%) = $14.95 each.

If you are concerned about SAS, try Quality Limo Service (QLS). They get good reviews on these boards and are priced about the same as SAS. I have QLS booked for my ride to the POM from my FLL hotel. To surprise my kids, I booked their 6 passenger limo. A little bit more but a nice way to start a vacation :D

Can you tell me how much more the limo was? We are a group of 6 staying in Ft Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami in January. Would like to be able to head to the port fairly early and not have to wait for them to travel around until they get the van full. Also have an 11:30 flight when we come back and need to get back to FLL in time. Thanks for your help!

We were a family of 6 adults..booked SAS..worked out great for us...once we called them from POM after picking up luggage they were there is less than 15 min..Knew about a bad traffic accident and had an alternate route planned to get us to FLL in plenty of time for our return flight..

Can you tell me how much more the limo was? We are a group of 6 staying in Ft Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami in January. Would like to be able to head to the port fairly early and not have to wait for them to travel around until they get the van full. Also have an 11:30 flight when we come back and need to get back to FLL in time. Thanks for your help!

Originally I had a price of $125 PLUS tip which I thought was a fair price. I started pricing a few others and got a price of $125 ALL INCLUSIVE. I emailed Karina back and asked if she'd price match and she did. I didn't even have to show her the quote :D. The service I had the quote from didn't have lots of reviews so I was hesitant and QLS has such a great reputation, I would have hired them even if she didn't. I DO NOT want to be stuck in FLL without a ride. The only thing that is different is the limo has to be prepaid. She will charge your credit card 3 days before your trip.

I know its not a fancy 10 passenger stretch Hummer but it won't matter either way. I won't have to wait for the shared shuttle and my kids are going to love it.

She also gave me the same price for a private shuttle (12 passenger van) if that may interest you.

Karina is very good at working with you and believe me, I've had lots of changes ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I just booked Johns car service after I read your post. Let me know how it goes in three weeks. If it doesn't go well, I still have time to change. Thanks

John's car service was great. He was waiting for us at the baggage claim and we made it to Miami quickly. Recommended for sure!

Archived