Sleep apnea questions

DaisyDell

I am planning on taking my CPAP machine on my upcoming Allure cruise. I know I will have to carry it on the ship, but do I need any kind of note from my doctor? Do I need to take an extension cord as my bed is by the balcony, and is distilled water for the humidifier furnished by the cruise line?

I am planning on taking my CPAP machine on my upcoming Allure cruise. I know I will have to carry it on the ship, but do I need any kind of note from my doctor? Do I need to take an extension cord as my bed is by the balcony, and is distilled water for the humidifier furnished by the cruise line?

No note needed. They will provide distilled water. Write to the special needs department. They also have extension cords, but I don't know if they ever run out.

special_needs@rccl.com Mind the underscore.

Contact the Special Needs Dept. and they will have an extension cord and distilled water available in your cabin. There is a form for this on the RCL website.

You can contact them by email: special_needs@rccl.com. Note the underscore "_" between special and needs.

I always sail with my cpap. I have the type that doesn't use water. I always take a long extension cord which is a good idea since you never know where the outlets are until you get into your stateroom.

Enjoy your cruise. It's a great way to travel! :)

On the Allure and Oasis, there is a plug right behind the bed, so you don't need an extension. The plug is kind of hidden. You have to lift one of the corners of the mattress to see the plug.

As has been stated before no note required.

For flexibility I always take my own extension cord. Even though the cruise ship would provide one. I might need one at the Hotel the night before.

I have always used the tap water generated by the ship but special needs will provide use with water if requested through them.

Once you complete the Special Needs form, you will receive an email indicating your request has been received. Within 24 hours you should receive an additional email indicating everything is set and the water and extension cord will be in your cabin.

Have a great cruise.

I have always used the tap water generated by the ship but special needs will provide use with water if requested through them.
We just asked the room steward, that evening there was a gallon of distilled water in the room.

Archived