Scandinavia & Russia June 2013 weather

rhsjr

Several years ago we did this cruise in late May and had great weather. Not too hot and no memories of it being too chilly or cold.

But, the weather is not consistent from year to year. The only way to know what it will be like in June, 2013 is to wait until June, 2013.

Middle to end of June 2009 we had great weather - even hitting 80 in Oslo. We did take GoreTex jackets and wore them in the mornings in some cities for warmth and had one rainy afternoon in St. Petersburg. I think we brought fleece jackets too but never unpacked them. That's a wonderful cruise!

I was there the end of May a few years ago and it was beautiful! My June/July trip was also very beautiful.

IMO - the best time to do the Baltics is in June due to the white nights in Russia. You will have a lot of sunlight during this time in the evenings.

I personally would pick June as my first choice.

As always, be prepared with rain gear. Some years it has rained quite a bit and some years, they have had record heat temperatures.

No way to tell how the weather will be. We went last June and had sunny days in the 70s and low 80s. It was fabulous. The two weeks before and the week after were cold and rainy.

We were there the last 2 weeks of June 2007 (during white nights) and had chilly rainy weather almost every day. We were told that the cruise before had perfect sunny mild weather. In other words, it cannot be predicted so go when you can get the best price.

Archived