Tahiti vs. Chili/Tahiti cruise

catz821

Hello, i just received an email to transfer my booking from Tahiti 11 days veranda room to Chili/Tahiti 20 days in a penthouse suite. I would like to hear comments on fellow cruisers who may have done the cruise from Valparaiso to Papeete. Thanks!

Hello, i just received an email to transfer my booking from Tahiti 11 days veranda room to Chili/Tahiti 20 days in a penthouse suite. I would like to hear comments on fellow cruisers who may have done the cruise from Valparaiso to Papeete. Thanks!

I may be wrong, but I believe that this is the first time Oceania has done this specific cruise.

Cenia

Some of us on the Marina 2014 Tahiti to Lima itinerary received move over offers from a B4 to Concierge Class cabin.

It is 3 extra days and the cabin cost is approx $2000 more, but we are traveling as a group and we couldn't all move. Besides, we would be giving up the Easter Island stop and missing the opportunity to go to Machu Picchu.

Good luck with your decision.....I do love the looks of the Marina PH!!

Some of us on the Marina 2014 Tahiti to Lima itinerary received move over offers from a B4 to Concierge Class cabin.

It is 3 extra days and the cabin cost is approx $2000 more, but we are traveling as a group and we couldn't all move. Besides, we would be giving up the Easter Island stop and missing the opportunity to go to Machu Picchu.

Good luck with your decision.....I do love the looks of the Marina PH!!

I wouldn't miss Machu Picchu. It is incredible.

Wow, tough call. If you got the same price for a veranda 11 days to 20 in a penthouse I would take it... unless....

Have you been to any of the ports on the new itinerary? If not and they entice you then go for it!

If on the other hand you only want to experience the Tahitian Islands only and don't care for the other ports on the new itinerary, then stick with what you have.

I would also assume it would determine if you can take that much time off. We are not retired, and have to choose our vacations closely. ;)

We got the same offer and decided to pass on it due to a scheduling conflict. However I must point out that sailing from Chile on a Oceania cruise gives one the opportunity to fly into Santiago a few days early to visit the many wonderful Chilean vineyards and bringing some amazing wines onto the Marina. With so many sea days on the itinerary the dining possibilities are endless and even with the corkage fees in the dining venues you could really sample many beautiful wines that are made by small producers that aren't usually exported. Of course you could also enjoy the wines in your cabin without any additional fees but I feel part of the enjoyment of wine is pairing it with good food and good friends.

Archived