Nice surprise!

letscruiseagain&again

Okay, I'll admit it - I'm one of those folks who go into the my personalizer every couple of days once I've booked a cruise. It wasn't a big surprise that prices had gone done for my March 2013 cruise. I called Princess and my booking was changed to reflect the lower price.

What came as a surprise is the special that is now running for shore excursions. For my cruise, you receive a 10% discount if you reserve your shore excursions before February 23rd.

During this economy, every little bit helps!

Did the Princess rep tell you about the discount on excursions?

We have an Eastern Caribbean Voyager cruise booked for late February.

I don't see any discount on excursions on my Personalizer but will call

Princess if that's how you found out.

Thanks!

the posting and email are new... but I have noticed in the past few years that if you reserve an excursion on line the price is always a little cheaper than what the posted price on board is. I am guessing that is the 10% deal.

I believe the deal has always been there, but now they are promoting it more. Which is great.

Vickie

We have booked shore excursions early online and have watched the prices increase as we got closer to the cruise date. We always print our excursions so that we can check and make sure that we are only charged the original price.

I guess you could say that we always get a discount.:D

I know the excursions opened up several weeks ago for our January 2013 cruise aboard the Emerald Princess. I have noticed that EVERY excursion we have pre-reserved is now reflecting a higher price. Some are $5, $10 & even $20 increase! I will be taking along my print-out to insure we get the lower prices!

We're sailing out of Galveston in January too. Our shore excursions are now at 10% off when you book online in the personalizer. There's a big banner at the top of the page when I first log into the personalizer, and again on the shore excursion page. It says the special is good for bookings up to the week before our sailing.

For those of you who have done this in the past...are there any drawbacks to this?

Jim

By "this," you mean booking shore excursions in advance? No, no drawbacks at all and lots of advantages. On Princess, you don't have to pay for them up front and the cancellation date to avoid being charged (generally a day or so in advance) is always clearly spelled out, both on the ticket itself and in the daily Patter. And, of course, popular excursions can and do sell out. All upsides. The only drawback, I guess, would be if you forget to cancel an excursion you don't take and end up getting charged.

We're sailing out of Galveston in January too. Our shore excursions are now at 10% off when you book online in the personalizer. There's a big banner at the top of the page when I first log into the personalizer, and again on the shore excursion page. It says the special is good for bookings up to the week before our sailing.
Same thing for our Jan 5 cruise out of Galveston. It applied the new price to an excursion I had booked previously, but did not for one previously booked excursion that is now waitlisted.

Just checked my Personalizer for our upcoming cruise on 1/5/13. The discount offer is there for Elite and Platinum cruisers, but the 10% was not automatically applied to an excursion previously reserved even though that excursion is now listed with the discount. I cancelled our reserved excursion and booked successfully at the lower price.

I am on the Sapphire over New Years. I am platinum and have booked excursions through Princess. I went to my personalizer and then to the reservations area and can't find anything for the 10% off. Is this only for those going to the Caribbean and not Hawaii?

Archived