OMG I just screwed up so bad!!

MichelleChell

I went to make an online payment for our March cruise and got distracted and paid the whole thing in full!! I'm about to puke!! I just made my bank account go crazy negative and the accounting dept doesnt open until Monday!!

You should be able to call somebody at the bank in this emergency situation. Call and select the option of credit card stolen, and tell them what the real story is, they'll get you where you need to go, atleast you get to a human that way. :D

I went to make an online payment for our March cruise and got distracted and paid the whole thing in full!! I'm about to puke!! I just made my bank account go crazy negative and the accounting dept doesnt open until Monday!!

Relax...I did the same thing once and Carnival immediately refunded the payment. Call them and your bank first thing Monday morning.

I called Carnival and they can't do anything till Mon. My bank can't stop it because Carnival has a hold on the funds.

What I am worried about is that it takes a few days for a hold to be released. In that time what about any purchases I made? They would get a bounce fee for the funds not being there.

Two weeks ago, I booked a new cruise and forgot to change the default to deposit only. This was on the weekend and when I called carnival to adjust it, I was told they would have to pass it on to the proper department. Friday I tried to call because it still has not been adjusted. After being on hold for 20 minutes, my call was dropped. First thing Monday I will not stop until it is fixed. Mine was on a credit card, so I just want to make sure it is fixed before the month closes.

Can you transfer any funds from your savings account?

Postpone that trip to the mall and any other activities that involve spending money until Monday.:o

You are stuck with it until someone at Carnival can reverse the charge. This is an authorized charge. About the only way to get out of it immediately is to call the credit card company, report the card stolen or the charge unauthorized, but then you may not be able to use your card until you receive a new one in the mail, plus your cruise would be cancelled. You'd probably open an even bigger can of worms by taken this route.

Was this a credit or debit card? If its credit, you could also ask for a credit limit increase. Normally, if approved, they are instantaneous. Many credit card websites allow you to request a credit increase straight from their website.

Michelle: I'm sorry to hear of the error, and the challenges on getting it resolved. Frustrating I'm sure.

Of all the weekends for it to happen, this one was possibly one of the worst imagineable, with CCL operations scrambling internally to overcome all of their own challenges due to Sandy.

I'm also going to hope that your bank's operation center is not HQ in the Northeast (such as NYC where so many are). Monday is not going to be a good day for them. :(

Best wishes on getting this taken care of quickly, and as painlessly as possible.

It was a bank debit card. No I live in TX and its a local bank so we will see what we can do. I am not going to report it stolen because that is a bigger mess then I am in to deal with.

I can't not use my card because we still need to live. I think since it is on a 4 day hold (business days) I can fix it. I write my own paychecks for the business I run so I could go put my check in a few days early.

At the moment I am waiting to see what my husband does.

Thanks for the advise and good hopes. I will let you guys know what happens.

Glad to hear you worked something out. I did the same thing on Monday when booking Breeze cruise. Thankfully I was using a credit card instead of my debit. I thought of asking Carnival to refund the overage but in the end decided just to leave it and not take the chance of anything getting messed up with my reservation.

But, hey, on a positive note, your cruise is paid for! (Just looking for that silver lining people. Glass half full.)

Actually, our son did the same thing back when we first booked our next cruise. He actually had to cancel it and rebook to get it to drop. His was a credit card and took a couple of days so a bit different scenario. I agree with the previous poster, though. CCL really needs to change the default.

OK...we're both senile. I did this exact same thing on our Hawaiian cruise this past April. Paid the whole thing off (approximately $1500) months before due. Called our PVP immediately and she took care of the whole thing over a three day period. I also did this on a Friday.

I think Carnival are used to this, it happens often.

The same thing happened when we booked our cruise for February....

After a phone call, Carnival adjusted the payment....no problem.

Michelle...In your case, I understand your problem completely, but at least you found a solution!! :)

Archived