The MSC cruise website is horrible

smokey haze

I don't know if this helps but I cannot access msc usa website using Chrome, but have fairly good success using Internet Explorer. Someone else once said the opposite. You can try clearing all the cache, etc or try different browsers. It could help - could not possibly hurt.

Edited to add: the onboard experience, especially YC, is not at all reflective of the website performance.

Although I generally use Chrome I have tried, Edge and Firefox with no difference in the results. My bookings are both in the system but I can't get them to both display without logging out and logging back in with the booking number for the second cruise. At least that's today, some days they all show up including my past bookings. I agree that although it's frustrating it has not yet interfered with having a great cruise. :cool: Bob

Now, I hope that these threads are being followed by MSC shoreside staff because the website issue is really out of control.

I currently have have 4 Yacht Club bookings and have been only able to access two in the last three weeks. How am I supposed to check into my next cruise where I have already made final payment?

When you phone the Miami office, you get sheepish apologies but no real information as to when the problem will be solved.

It's wonderful that they've spent close to two billion dollars on Meraviglia and Seaside but they HAVE to understand that my cruise experience begins when I log on! Spend the cash and fix it NOW.

It's sort-of treated like a long-standing joke by many of the MSC loyalists but it will be a deal breaker for many potential MSC cruisers.

If Amazon's site stopped working, we would quickly shop elsewhere.

Guest hrtcruises
Now, I hope that these threads are being followed by MSC shoreside staff because the website issue is really out of control.

I hope so as well and it is out of control. For some time now my booking states, "Due to a technical issue, it is not currently possiblt to view this booking online. For further information about your reservation, you can contact us directly at 1-877-665-4655. We apologize for the inconvenience." In addition to not being able to view a booking online, the fact that nobody bothered to spell check the error message, or either haven't noticed yet that "possible" is spelled incorrectly or noticed, but haven't bothered to correct it does not instill a lot of confidence in MSC or their system for someone that has no prior experience with the company. Plus, the revival of this thread that is several years old.

Check out the website today and do a mock booking! It looks great!!! And different!

Yes, it does. Aside from the attractive room selection feature, the chat functioned worked really well for me even though I think they should allow a "close" function for when one is just browsing. The agent with whom I chatted gave me her number so that she could directly assist me with some issues. She answered immediately, and I was able to book the room I wanted with the military discount. BTW, this is my first MSC cruise. The loyalty match of Black from my NCL Platinum was an incentive. However, the web site was so frustrating I almost just gave up. The CSR in Ft. Lauderdale was excellent!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I currently have have 4 Yacht Club bookings and have been only able to access two in the last three weeks. How am I supposed to check into my next cruise where I have already made final payment?

When you phone the Miami office, you get sheepish apologies but no real information as to when the problem will be solved.

It's wonderful that they've spent close to two billion dollars on Meraviglia and Seaside but they HAVE to understand that my cruise experience begins when I log on! Spend the cash and fix it NOW.

It's sort-of treated like a long-standing joke by many of the MSC loyalists but it will be a deal breaker for many potential MSC cruisers.

If Amazon's site stopped working, we would quickly shop elsewhere.

Log into the site using your booking number instead of your username. The cruise info will come up. The next time you log in with your username it will continue to be there. It's worked for me twice on Firefox.

Guest hrtcruises
The last response I had over a month ago was that the fix will not be any time soon! that was for the UK site.

Not surprised.

Any body having trouble with the UK website today? I can't access my booking at all. Been trying for a few days now wanting to add a few extras?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've got no access to my bookings on the UK site, I haven't had for some time. I enquired with MSC directly and they advised I would have to call to make any amendments/additions.

Wow!- I am surprised they know it is down!! ;p

Maybe they are correcting all their documentation

in line with reality.:evilsmile: ie what drink packages are available where and what the onboard currency is and where and why are drinks priced in dollars and debited in euros and on and on :confused:

Log into the site using your booking number instead of your username. The cruise info will come up. The next time you log in with your username it will continue to be there. It's worked for me twice on Firefox.

Thanks but ... doesn't work. I phoned MSC and they were equally unable to access my reservation as if I was a consumer.

They said they are very well of the problem and a LOT of people are unable to access their reservations. They were hoping that the problem would be fixed in the coming weeks.

Last time I looked at our Preziosa booking for September using the usual reference number and name it said the booking was not available, I could book drink packages and other onboard services !

Thanks but ... doesn't work. I phoned MSC and they were equally unable to access my reservation as if I was a consumer.

They said they are very well of the problem and a LOT of people are unable to access their reservations. They were hoping that the problem would be fixed in the coming weeks.

I also phoned MSC and they could not access my booking. After a few minutes the lady came back on the line and said it is being worked on and should be up soon. Soon to them could be weeks. How can a line that aspires to lead the world be so behind the times with software and computer technology ?

Yippee I can log into our booking and have been looking at excursions.

I just popped over to say the same--about being able to access bookings on the US site.

EDIT: That didn't last very long. I still see my bookings but can't make a purchase. Got items in Cart but nothing after that. Now, I can't even access the extras.

Edited by Rhea98

• 6 months later...

So the area to enhance your cruise comes and goes. I was patient and finally found a day when it showed up, booked a few things. But the receipt that I got did not really say anything except that I successfully paid $166..didn't even give a clue as to what I purchased? Isn't that odd?

I tried to search for latest prices, but can't get past the search screen..keep stating there is an error.

Need to really invest in website...makes me very insecure that MSC has my personal information and credit card information :(

• 5 months later...

I attempted to book Internet package from the website and a pop up said that intenet package was not available. Or any other add on for that matter..

I phoned MSC and they said clear data from browser. No luck, AND I had already tried several browsers.

I found a posting here on CC that said " go to your profile and change language to English" I was already set to English to I changed it to something else, then changed it back. Viola I was able to book Internet, spa's and anything I wanted.

Call MSC direct.

You are spot on, call direct.