Drama on the high seas...Hurricane Sandy

Realblonde474

I am sorry but I had to post this. Some woman just called FOX News as she and her family were "trapped at sea" on the NCL Gem.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1934188584001/cruise-ship-stuck-at-sea

Things she complained about where:

1. The movement of the ocean.

2. Elevators held for the older passengers.

3. Fear of running out of food.

Like the ship was going to turn into the Donner party!!!!

And did she really expect the cruise line just to dump them in New York with no harbor and limited airline service.

I feel sorry for the crew aboard this ship.

Thanks...I feel better now :)

Donna

I am sorry but I had to post this. Some woman just called FOX News as she and her family were "trapped at sea" on the NCL Gem.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1934188584001/cruise-ship-stuck-at-sea

Things she complained about where:

1. The movement of the ocean.

2. Elevators held for the older passengers.

3. Fear of running out of food.

Like the ship was going to turn into the Donner party!!!!

And did she really expect the cruise line just to dump them in New York with no harbor and limited airline service.

I feel sorry for the crew aboard this ship.

Thanks...I feel better now :)

Donna

Yes, I listened to that interview. I just shook my head and laughed. :D

She didn't sound like she was "complaining"....just stating for the news channel what was happening!

Said the elevators were NOT working, so disabled needed to be carried up and down the stairs.

Never "complained" about the ocean motion....simply said how high the waves had been...and that some water had come into the ship as shown on a video prior to the interview.

I wouldn't want to be on that ship under those conditions!

Sounded as if she said the elevators are held but I would hope that would be closed in waves like that.

And I don't think anyone would willingly sign up for an "extended cruise" in those conditions...BUT I would try to make more lemonade than "whine".

Perhaps I heard her tone differently.

Regardless, I hope everyone on board gets home safe and only a day or two late.

Hi Everyone,

As a reminder, when noticing inappropriate comments, *please* use the Alert button report.gif, located at the upper right hand corner of each post.

Posting a "Host - please remove this" comment, is not the best option, as Host Walt & I each moderate about 15 forums - triple that if you care to count Roll Calls. While I try my very best to read virtually every post on this forum, the Alert method remains most reliable & expeditious way to get our attention.

As election time nears, this is a perfect time to remind our valued members to kindly refrain from making Political & Media comments. While it's wonderful to have opinions in such important matters, this is simply not the place to share it.

Thank You very much !

I also heard this interview and thought that the lady sounded "off". I didn't take it that she was complaining but rather reporting the situation as she saw it but I think the ship to phone connection caused some awkward stops and starts to the conversation. I'm thinking that she might be dealing with some fear in what I would consider to be a scary situation. I wouldn't want to be on that ship and I'm praying that they have all made it back safely or will do so soon!

We were "stranded at sea" during Wilma, just outside of Port Lauderdale and the Miami port. Neither could accommodate our ship because of damage to the piers. We were not the only ship circling the ocean. As my husband said, it looked like a parking lot at Walmart with about 15 cars circling the lot to find a parking place. LOL

Anyway, we were out at sea an extra 2 days. Plenty of food, but did have some repeats from earlier in the cruise. They were serving what they normally would for the next cruise. If the rations were to get low, I gather they would have stopped the double ordering of entrees that so many passengers get at dinner. :rolleyes:

We had a wonderful time with the 2 FREE days on our original 10 nighter. :) Unfortunately, many people did not. We overheard one man yelling at the purser to take him into port and let him off because he had a very important meeting to get to. He even said that he was going to hire a helicopter to come out and get him. That was a gut buster! :D

Archived