Sapphire Princess October 20th voyage Live Sort of

arizonaperson

My mom is on this cruise so I can post a somewhat live.(hope others on this cruise(maybe Sparkle;they posted under the roll call forum) will post on this now that I have started it?)

My mom is on CC,but doesn't post,in fact I think she only posted once.

Itinerary change is arrive in Apia, Western Samoa on Friday, November 2nd instead of Pago Pago,American Samoa.(probably will go to P.P. on Sunday, November 4th)

They had 1 day of rough seas from LA to Hawaii and 1 day of rough seas since leaving Hawaii. Today seas are calm and beautiful.

The ship is on the 3 show schedule in The Princess theater.

Approximately 550 Elites on board.

If I get any other information I will pass it along.

My mom is on this cruise so I can post a somewhat live.(hope others on this cruise(maybe Sparkle;they posted under the roll call forum) will post on this now that I have started it?)

Itinerary change is arrive in Apia, Western Samoa on Friday, November 2nd instead of Pago Pago,American Samoa.(probably will go to P.P. on Sunday, November 4th)

They had 1 day of rough seas from LA to Hawaii and 1 day of rough seas since leaving Hawaii. Today seas are calm and beautiful.

Thanks... this cruise is certainly on my bucket list...

thanks for posting updates from your Mom. :D

sapphire_bridge.jpg

Are you sure there was a change?

I don't think there was new a change since they sailed. It is the 2nd of Nov. in Apia, Somoa, Friday there Thurs. here.

They may have crossed the date line. They will cross the date line twice in a day so to speak on this cruise.

When I talked to "Sparkle" they said it was a little rocky on the first day out but not very rough. The year they were married on board on day 3 of one of our cruises to Hawaii, we had 20 ft waves. That was pretty rough but everyone was used to it by day 3 and we all rolled with it.;)

hi juile, this is cruisedave38 here. hope your mom has as much fun as we did back in may on the ship. how many days is this cruise? talk to you later cruisedave38

hi juile, this is cruisedave38 here. hope your mom has as much fun as we did back in may on the ship. how many days is this cruise? talk to you later cruisedave38

Dave it is a 28 day cruise. Don & Seiko(from our cruise in May) are also on this cruise so I had my mom and her husband meet up with them.

They are having a great time.

My original print out says:

Pago Pago for November 2nd(today) Actual-Apia,Samoa

November 3rd cross the date line

Apia, November 4th(7am to 4pm);cross the date line 5pm-7pm

Maybe no change since they sailed, but a change in what I printed out before they left on the cruise.

No e-mails from my mom today;I can see from the web cam they are now getting or have arrived at the Apia port. So, I will update later if I hear anything "live" from the Sapphire.

thanks for posting updates from your Mom. :D

sapphire_bridge.jpg

Are you sure there was a change?

I don't think there was new a change since they sailed. It is the 2nd of Nov. in Apia, Somoa, Friday there Thurs. here.

They may have crossed the date line. They will cross the date line twice in a day so to speak on this cruise.

When I talked to "Sparkle" they said it was a little rocky on the first day out but not very rough. The year they were married on board on day 3 of one of our cruises to Hawaii, we had 20 ft waves. That was pretty rough but everyone was used to it by day 3 and we all rolled with it.;)

would love to know what she has to say about the bedding? soft pillowtop? or hard mattress??

would love to know what she has to say about the bedding? soft pillowtop? or hard mattress??

Minsuite on Dolphin deck aft-she says bedding is comfortable,looks new. No top sheet,but can ask for one. The duvet/comforter is the top covering. They so far don't need an eggcrate topper(don't think they ever did on any cruise)

If you like a firm bed at home then you will be fine just how the beds come on Princess, if you like a very soft bed then ask for a eggcrate topper.(this is what I have found)

My mom investigate the bed a little more(lifted up covers,sheets,etc) and yes in their cabin on Dolphin deck mini they do have an eggcrate on it, they did not requested it,so that is why I did not originally post it. She says the bed is comfortable.

Apia was a port they docked in. They went on a Princess tour but did not like it too much,apparently. They are on the way to Pago Pago now.

If there is anything else you want to know, I will try to find out for any of you.

Could you find out the name of the tour they took in Apia and why they did not like it? Thanks so much for your help.

Could you find out the name of the tour they took in Apia and why they did not like it? Thanks so much for your help.

I will find out soon, but I think it was the condition of the bus,they could not understand the tour guide, and they visited a house and shoes had to be removed to enter it.(so if you had sandals on;you would be barefoot;mom doesn't do barefoot-even in her house)

So minor issues-but for her she was not 100% happy after taking the tour.

The tour they took in Pago Pago was much better she said, but she still said the buses were not good.

I will try to post sometime about her experience-answer to your questions, the internet she said is not working some of the time on the ship,they have own computer and go to ship's lab as well.

Hi Julie!

We met at the meet and greet on the Island -cruising Alaska Aug/Sept last year! It was very nice and we got such nice name tags. Remember?

How have you been? We are planning on sailing on the Sapphire to HI in Jan and are enjoying all the info that you are sharing via your mom.

We did Celebrity Silhouette this Jan. and it was amazing. Loved all the perks, service, food etc. and the ship was beautiful and new. However, we do enjoy sailing Princess when they have the right intinerary and are so looking forward to sailing to HI.

Thanks so much for sharing the info and taking us along on your mom's cruise.

Hope all is well and that you continue to enjoy cruising. Here's hoping we meet again.

Hi Julie!

We met at the meet and greet on the Island -cruising Alaska Aug/Sept last year! It was very nice and we got such nice name tags. Remember?

How have you been? We are planning on sailing on the Sapphire to HI in Jan and are enjoying all the info that you are sharing via your mom.

We did Celebrity Silhouette this Jan. and it was amazing. Loved all the perks, service, food etc. and the ship was beautiful and new. However, we do enjoy sailing Princess when they have the right intinerary and are so looking forward to sailing to HI.

Thanks so much for sharing the info and taking us along on your mom's cruise.

Hope all is well and that you continue to enjoy cruising. Here's hoping we meet again.

Enjoy Celebrity! I believe they also have Hawaiian itineraries... So, no need for you to bother with Princess any more! That way, you will enjoy Celebrity perks, and leave us the heck alone!

Archived