Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

The publix supermarket next door sells wine too and they are open 7 am on a sunday and have lots of wine to chose from.

There goes my easy decision. Back to square one. Grocery stores in TX open early on Sunday but they cannot sell beer or wine until after noon. Is this not the case in FLL.

Hi there, on board the Oasis and no one informed Security. It was confiscated. so i stopped at Guest Relations. They apologized and advised wine will be delivered this evening. So we'll see. If time permits i will report in later.

Hi there, on board the Oasis and no one informed Security. It was confiscated. so i stopped at Guest Relations. They apologized and advised wine will be delivered this evening. So we'll see. If time permits i will report in later.

Thanks for posting! Have a great cruise :D

How do they NOT let security know that there is a change in policy??? Shouldn't that have been relayed in an email or confrence call last week or the weeks leading up to Nov.1..???

Pretty certain that this wasn't an overnight decision made by RCL.

Hopefully the news gets to the Baltimore employees by February.:D

How do they NOT let security know that there is a change in policy??? Shouldn't that have been relayed in an email or confrence call last week or the weeks leading up to Nov.1..???

Corporate wide, accurate communications is a process that eludes some companies.

You do realize you are on the RCL board don't you? RCL - enough said...... :D

There goes my easy decision. Back to square one. Grocery stores in TX open early on Sunday but they cannot sell beer or wine until after noon. Is this not the case in FLL.

No liquor sales in Fort Lauderdale until noon on Sunday, you are correct.

There is a Total Wine and Publix 10 minutes from the pier.

Edited by oneputt18

Just off the Adventure of the seas this morning at 9. We bought 2 bottles of wine on Gran Canary and had to give it to security upon entering the ship. It was delivered to our cabin last night. There was a line to turn over wine in every port so everyone knew the drill.

Great news as this was the main downside of booking RCI and it is now gone! I as others like a glass of wine in my cabin whilst getting ready for dinner

I've read most of this thread and would comment as follows, UK website has updated FAQ and does not say must be in carry on, in fact almost implies can't be in your carry on if you are flying! No issues for me as will be departing from Southampton next summer.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

Hope link works!

Does however say bottle which is a downside as I would usually take a box, we can get a good selection here in the UK, a box packs easier in my suitcase, less likely to break and does away with need to carry heavy item in carry on, especially when can't access cabin straight away.

Whilst on this subject anyone have any knowledge of how strict the enforcement of these rules are in Southampton as note most posters experiences are US ports.

Thanks Gillian

We always buy the wine package - 12 bottles for 7 days - open 2 at dinner - bring back to room to drink in the shows or the next day -

Now we will be able to bring 2 of our favorite bottles to also have! :cool:

We will enjoy our wine package and our two bottles....now my DH won't grumble anymore about the cruise on RCL! WHOO WHO!

Just off the Adventure of the seas this morning at 9. We bought 2 bottles of wine on Gran Canary and had to give it to security upon entering the ship. It was delivered to our cabin last night. There was a line to turn over wine in every port so everyone knew the drill.

Your cruise started before the new policy. So confiscation tone expected. Even wih new policy it sounds like you can only keep wine on embarkation, not at subsequent port stops.

on ALL cruises?! not just Europe?! :eek:

oh pleasepleaseplease say yes... :D

if so we are so taking some of our Marinus we have been saving for 5 years.... I will even happily pay a corkage fee( as long as it is not outrageous)

I don't drink, so this does not affect me, but I thought I would add that the person handling my reservation at RCCL said there is not even a corkage fee if the wine is consumed in your cabin. (Probably by the time I finish reading all the posts ahead of me, this will have been corrected many times.)

Kathy

Edited by petesweet

Does anyone know what size bottles are allowed? I'm not trying to carry on liters or anything, just curious.

No need to explain yourself:) Take on whatever your allowed. There was a previous post where someone asked RC and was told that it does not matter. :D We will see how long that lasts.

Edited by janetz

I've taken a corkscrew on board many times in checked luggage.

You can get a free plastic corkscrew from basically any hotel front desk. We got one and have kept it in the front pocket of our suitcase for years and nobody, including airlines, have ever said anything about it.

I'm pretty sure I saw the corkage fees only apply if you are bringing it to the MDR. There is no fee for drinking it in your room.

Norwegian imposes a fee to bring it on board, period. no matter where you consume.

and when i took my Carnival cruise and was assured a bazillion times that I would never get charged in the DR.. I was.

this is a boon for those of us who enjoy a glass IN OUR STATEROOMS without having to schlep down to a bar while dressing for dinner. ( and FTR, I find "La Terrible" drinkable if not the epitome of fermented grape juice divinity)

I hope they get the new policy change communicated down to the security folks by next weekend.

Does anyone have valid online coupon codes for Total Wine in Fort lauderdale they could share? Just trying to maximize my first ever BYO wine experience on RCI next weekend. :)