Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Wow! Option Option Option.....

Take advatage of it or not....

There is no pleasing people sometimes.

I apluad RCCL.

We happen to have a substantial OBC from our Royal visa card so we won't take advantage of this but it is a fair OPTION.

The $45 package is not worth it for us without liquor. The $55 package is definitely worth it for me alone but not worth it (or even close) if we both have to do it. I didn't notice on the link that chil-laxin posted anything about both people in the cabin having to do this or even whether gratuity was included or extra. It would be great if you could do this just for one person in the cabin, but that doesn't seem to be the case based on prior posts.

I agree. My DW doesn't drink enough to make it pay if we both have to buy a package.

Yes it is true I spoke to someone at RCCL who had a bit of a clue!!!:D

Offical un official conversation with someone at RCCL! Now, first this person could not confirm which sailings (they did say they would find out more once the first sailings return), but this person did confirm details on the package from the other 4 ships.

Premium

$55

Premium Liq

Frozen Drinks

Champagne cocktails

Beer (under 6.25)

House wines

Fountain Drinks

Now--there is not a "house wine"; basically any wine that is on the ships gold package could be used. All depends on the ships location and what they have available. Which, makes sense since there is no listing of the Robert Mondavi brand LaTerre on this ship. So, basically whatever lower level they have in excess :)

So, in short until next week this is all we will likely know. I would like to thank the very smart person I spoke to for leading me to some answers.;)

Hope that helps someone else, totally does for us.

Yes it is true I spoke to someone at RCCL who had a bit of a clue!!!:D

Offical un official conversation with someone at RCCL! Now, first this person could not confirm which sailings (they did say they would find out more once the first sailings return), but this person did confirm details on the package from the other 4 ships.

Premium

$55

Premium Liq

Frozen Drinks

Champagne cocktails

Beer (under 6.25)

House wines

Fountain Drinks

Now--there is not a "house wine"; basically any wine that is on the ships gold package could be used. All depends on the ships location and what they have available. Which, makes sense since there is no listing of the Robert Mondavi brand LaTerre on this ship. So, basically whatever lower level they have in excess :)

So, in short until next week this is all we will likely know. I would like to thank the very smart person I spoke to for leading me to some answers.;)

Hope that helps someone else, totally does for us.

It is interesting that this is what you heard, I heard from someone at RCCL that they were looking in to expanding the alcohol packages but that it was 29pppd beer package 39pppd classic package and 49pppd premium package, and that all wines up to $10 were included, frozen drinks in the classic and premium package, and the premium package included premium liquor while the classic included call liquor.

I have a few questions...

1. What exactly is a specialty liquor? I'm sure hoping things like baileys, kahlua, etc., aren't in the specialty category. I didn't see those types of liquors listed on the list of included liquors. If so, what a sticky mess that would be....no bbc's, no white russians... that would just suck

2. Since fountain drinks are included, does anyone know if the Coke 50 machines have non-carbonated options...like powerade or gatorade, etc.?

3. I know no bottled juice, but is there easy access to juice by the glass? Like cranberry juice?

What exactly is a specialty liquor? I'm sure hoping things like baileys, kahlua, etc., aren't in the specialty category. I didn't see those types of liquors listed on the list of included liquors. If so, what a sticky mess that would be....no bbc's, no white russians... that would just suck

My understanding is this refers to more expensive labels... such as Johnny Walker Blue or Jim Beam Black.

Anymore feedback from recent cruises? Just wonering how it went.

I brought 2 bottles in my carry-on last week on Libertyout of Port Everglades. The carry-on went right through the x-ray machine, no questions asked.

The coke freestyle machines on land have had Powerade, Powerade Zero, Minutemaid lemonade, Minutemaid light lemonade, Hi-C fruit punch, flavored Dasani water, and plain water. For some inexplicable reason, although you can add peach to almost any drink (including water), you can't get peach lemonade. The strawberry lemonade is pretty good though.

There's no listing because they don't want to admit they serve it.

I'm heading out on Oasis of the Seas on Saturday. I hope this is true!

Me too! It will be interesting to see what is really going on. I wish they would match 'X' though, the water and coffee addition would really make it nice!

Edited by LDR

Know this.....No company, including RCI, does anything without first determining the cost....if it is something that would cut into their profits, they will not do it....

My guess, however the scheme, this is a move for them to make more money....

Know this.....No company, including RCI, does anything without first determining the cost....if it is something that would cut into their profits, they will not do it....

My guess, however the scheme, this is a move for them to make more money....

Of course it's to make more money! That's a given. That's why they're in business.

Some people will make out well with the all inclusive, others not so much. Some will like it because it's a set amount and they will know what their bill will be at the end with no surprises.

Decide if it's for you and take it or not.

Edited by MS52

I'm heading out on Oasis of the Seas on Saturday. I hope this is true!

Well then I hope you already plan on getting internet so you can take 2 min to update this thread with actual in person detail!;)

As for the white russian question, I asked that, the person said that to her experience those are included. Now, I would assume specialty Jim Beam labels and the sort are the excluions...no way they will include a drink where a shot is as much as some bottles.:D

I had forgotten that most coke machines offer dasani..thats awesome I hope these do.

9 days!!!:D:D:D:D

2. Since fountain drinks are included, does anyone know if the Coke 50 machines have non-carbonated options...like powerade or gatorade, etc.?

Yes, on Allure sailing November 11th, the Coke machines had Powerade, Minute Maid, and Dasani waters in it, in a variety of flavors. The machines were definitely worth the package.

I for one, will way make out on this deal and am hoping it is on my cruise that leaves on the 8th!

My aunt called RCCL and they told her that ths package only pertains to the 7 night or longer cruises and mine is a 5 night cruise. :(

Am hoping that I get a nice surprise when I board on the 8th that they do have it. Only dilemma for me is that my roommate probably won't partake in this package.

I for one, will way make out on this deal and am hoping it is on my cruise that leaves on the 8th!

My aunt called RCCL and they told her that ths package only pertains to the 7 night or longer cruises and mine is a 5 night cruise. :(

Am hoping that I get a nice surprise when I board on the 8th that they do have it. Only dilemma for me is that my roommate probably won't partake in this package.

According to the USA Today article, it's only being offered on the Allure and Oasis at present.

According to the USA Today article, it's only being offered on the Allure and Oasis at present.

It seems like this is just an experiment right now. It makes sense that they would not offer it on shorter cruises, since people are more likely to spend more per day in drinks on a shorter cruise than on a week-long cruise. (I know I could drink $55 per day for four nights but probably not for seven.)

It seems like this is just an experiment right now. It makes sense that they would not offer it on shorter cruises, since people are more likely to spend more per day in drinks on a shorter cruise than on a week-long cruise. (I know I could drink $55 per day for four nights but probably not for seven.)

That's true. But on a 7 day there's normally at least one day at sea. Shorter itineraries are mostly in port which means less drinking on the ship.

That's true. But on a 7 day there's normally at least one day at sea. Shorter itineraries are mostly in port which means less drinking on the ship.

My Allure cruise really only has two full port days and every other day is at sea. My big concern is heavy poolside drinking by adults with so many children around on these larger ships. I guess we'll have to see how this all plays out.

My Allure cruise really only has two full port days and every other day is at sea. My big concern is heavy poolside drinking by adults with so many children around on these larger ships. I guess we'll have to see how this all plays out.

I think adults would drink the same amount regardless, especially those with families would not being trying to get wasted just to get their monies worth. At least we would hope so.

Thats probably really what royal caribbean is doing, I am sure they can tell if it will be profitable or not, they are probably trying to determine if people are going to be able to handle themselves or if its going to be a sh*t-show.