Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Celebrity’s drink package is so much better. $55.00 gets you premium drinks, wines up to $12.00, specialty coffees and bottles water. I won’t drink 55.00 in alcohol, but I would have a few alcoholic drinks, bottles of water and speciality coffees. I won’t be getting the package unless all beverages were included!

I'm guessing that they've worked it out that they won't make a profit on Royal if they offer the same Celebrity package. Celebrity has an older demographic by about 10 years. That makes a big difference in how much alcohol people are able to consume.

I think I need some more info before making a decision on this...I'm not a big drinker, but would love to try some drinks that normally I wouldn't want to pay for without knowing if I would like it. At $8 a drink, it wouldn't be hard to spend $55 per day. Disappointed that water and coffee isn't included though...

LOL, maybe one or two were inebriated while foolishly posting after the cruise. At least you know I did not make up that outrageous stuff.

;)

But you have to admit-it did sound outrageous!!:)

What also made me question it is how everyone always says how boring and dull a NCL cruise is!!!:p

;)

But you have to admit-it did sound outrageous!!:)

What also made me question it is how everyone always says how boring and dull a NCL cruise is!!!:p

LOL...Oh, doesn't it sound outrageous....so outrageous I wish I were making it up.

I'm not sure who says NCL is dull...I hear many criticisms and may throw out a few myself:), but dull would not be an issue IMHO.

We had the classic package on Celebrity twice and loved it. It included all wine/drinks up to $8, beer up to $5, frozen pina coladas etc. canned sodas, bottled water, coffees, fresh juice. It did not include room service/mini bar, bottles of wine/buckets of beer. It did include private island drinks, and we were allowed to each take back to our cabin a drink/nightcap,an upopened can of soda, and bottle of water with no problem. They even gave us a bucket to put in all in. Thank you Celebrity.............Are you listening Royal????????????

Sorry if this is a repost but the cookie cutter response im getting is…

Royal Caribbean International is now offering three alcoholic beverage package options on select ships, giving guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise vacation. Below is an overview of these options:

-The Beer Package

$29.00 per guest per day

All beer brands are included in this package, as well as a 25% discount on cocktails and wines.

-The Classic Package

$39.00 per guest per day

Included in this package are all beer brands, as well as frozen drinks and cocktails in the house and call brand categories. A 25% discount is offered on all premium and specialty brand liquors, as well as all wines.

-The Premium Package

$49.00 per guest per day

The premium brand liquors are included in this package, as well as frozen drinks and champagne cocktails. All beer brands and wines by the glass up to $10.00 are included as well. A 25% discount is offered on specialty liquor brands, as well as wines by the bottle and glasses of wine priced over $10.00.

Presently, the alcoholic beverage packages are only available onboard the Independence of the Seas, the Grandeur of the Seas and the Legend of the Seas. Kindly note that packages are not able to be pre-purchased, and prices are subject to change without notice.

If they run the same prices as the european sailings then its a decent deal I would say, 5 drink of the days and youve had your moneys worth

Those are the packages as offered on the European sailings. We have only had one post from someone about what is being offered here in the US and from the Allure of the Seas. If you scroll back to Page 6 post #104 you will see the post of what was offered today on the Allure.

Edited by Eng23

Ok, I would seriously consider this IF it includes the specialty coffees and teas, juices and so forth like Celebrity's packages do. If it does not, then no because neither me nor my hubby would drink that much alcohol all day. We both like wine, but NOT house wine. We both love coffee and would utilize that portion of the package if it were there.

I agree with you 100%. If specialty coffees, juices, and bottled water are not included, I personally would not even consider this package. On the other hand, if RCCL monitors and reads these posts, maybe they will reconsider and include them. Otherwise, it is another $400 of potential revenue that RCCL could have had from me that I can now save to spend ashore on shopping and bars/restaurants at the beach.

You would need to drink 6 martinis to break even everyday of the cruise. More power to you if you can stand after 6 martinis a day!:D

Or a couple drinks by the pool in the afternoon and a few martinis at night-really it doesn't seem unrealistic to me at all! It's vacation!

First, many thanks to the OP and person from the Allure, that brought this new option to our attention.

I am also a =X= drink package fan. I like the specialty coffees, bottles of water getting off the ship, and the morning smoothie option. We also enjoyed cocktails with dinner and at the show. It was worth it to us. The BEST benefit though, was just not having to sign for everything. The ease of the swipe was by far my favorite thing. The 10 page bill full of $0.00 was amusing too.

I'll be on the Allure in Feb - first time on this class. Perhaps by then RCCL will have the kinks worked out and it will include all the non-alcoholic drinks a la =X=. We're D but haven't had a chance to experience the lounge, so I wonder if you can buy the drink package on another day besides the first one? If the DL is good for us, then maybe we won't get the package this time. Hmmm...

Either way, I applaud RCCL for moving in this direction.

LadyDivot

Count me in for not thinking this is a great deal if it doesn't include the bottled water, specialty coffees and juices. Sorry RCCL...I was SUPER excited about it... but now not so much. I would've gotten a bottle of water and juice for the night by my bed, a specialty coffee at breakfast, a couple of big bottles of water for the day, a few DODs, a couple of decent glasses of wine with dinner and a specialty coffee with dessert. I think I will do better on my own then with a package. RCCL, if you are listening....I think you will have MUCH more takers if you reconsider on the wine selections, the water bottles, the juices and the coffees.

Celebrity’s drink package is so much better. $55.00 gets you premium drinks' date=' wines up to $12.00, specialty coffees and bottles water. I won’t drink 55.00 in alcohol, but I would have a few alcoholic drinks, bottles of water and speciality coffees. I won’t be getting the package unless all beverages were included![/quote']

Same here!!!!!!!!!!!! it is the water and the coffees that sway me to the all inclusive, I like a drink however, I love a few coffees every day too. It appears a tad expensive if there is so much not included.We love the Celebrity drinks package, and I allways get the premium package because I can have the coffeees and bottled waters.

Agree with everyone here. I'm going on Oasis in Feb would be nice if they added coffee, juices, smoothies and bottle water. To get you're monies worth the way it is now you gotta be drunk or half drunk everyday to get value out of it. There is the odd day I might like to relax and have a big drink but not everyday. I'd like to be able to function while in port sight seeing.

Another idea but definitely RCI wouldn't do is instead of having alcohol package for full duration of your cruise. Allow you to add it for only a few days.

Edited by Robb0
Corrections

We will be discussing this at lunch today. If it looks like it will be offered on Independence by our Januray cruise we will probably get it. I just wish it could be prepaid by Jan 5 to take advantage of RCCL points.

I will watch and see if it is made available for prepurchase. Even if it is not I will probably cancel our soft drink package and purchase lots of onboard credit to use for our cruise prior to Jan 5.

Edited by temple1

Count me in for not thinking this is a great deal if it doesn't include the bottled water, specialty coffees and juices. Sorry RCCL...I was SUPER excited about it... but now not so much. I would've gotten a bottle of water and juice for the night by my bed, a specialty coffee at breakfast, a couple of big bottles of water for the day, a few DODs, a couple of decent glasses of wine with dinner and a specialty coffee with dessert. I think I will do better on my own then with a package. RCCL, if you are listening....I think you will have MUCH more takers if you reconsider on the wine selections, the water bottles, the juices and the coffees.

They would lose money on you!

........ so I wonder if you can buy the drink package on another day besides the first one? If the DL is good for us, then maybe we won't get the package this time. Hmmm...LadyDivot

On other lines that offer the drink package you can purchase on any day but still have to pay for the entire cruise. In other words if you purchase on day 3 of a seven day cruise, you still pay for 7 days.

I, for one, am glad they're going in this direction but I am waiting to see the official word of what's included before I get excited about it.

I'm sure we will get more information soon.

I also think and hope, kinks are being worked out and changes may be made as it is not up on the website yet.

What bothers me most about the current package is all in the stateroom must purchase it. That really needs to be looked at from corporate. Not all are couples that may be rooming together. Family staterooms hold a few folks and with the number of passengers in one stateroom-I don't think this is a fair way to introduce this offer. I truly hope they ponder this a bit in the office!!!;)

I also think and hope, kinks are being worked out and changes may be made as it is not up on the website yet.

What bothers me most about the current package is all in the stateroom must purchase it. That really needs to be looked at from corporate. Not all are couples that may be rooming together. Family staterooms hold a few folks and with the number of passengers in one stateroom-I don't think this is a fair way to introduce this offer. I truly hope they ponder this a bit in the office!!!;)

I agree about all adults in a stateroom having to purchase the package. DH does not drink so I would never purchase the package when we cruise together.

They would lose money on you!

I don't see how they would actually lose money on me :confused: I worked in the restaurant industry for 22 years and know the mark up on beverages and alcohol. This is how I figured this break down in my head (since I've never cruised before, my price estimates could be off, so feel free to correct me)

The way the package is configured now (bottled juice, water, specialty coffees not included):

1 bottle of juice... not included...I pay additional $3?

1 bottle of water... not included...I pay additional $3?

2 specialty coffee... not included... I pay $13?

2 big bottles of water... not included... I pay $10?

2 Drinks of day... would have cost me $18

2 glasses of wine at dinner... not included if it's not house wine, I pay $20?

Total= only $18 worth of the drink package used and I paid an additional $49 for beverages not included. Total cost to me = $104. Total loss to me = $37

The way the breakdown would look if the package was inclusive of bottled waters, juices and coffees:

***everything listed above would be at no additional charge to me

Total cost to me = $55 for package. The bill would have been $67. Total savings for me = $12. The semantics of this.... does my $12 savings make for a loss of money for RCCL? No way, no how. If you added all my beverages at current retail price, they would still be making money over retail prices. If you broke it down by what actual mark up looks like, they are making out big time. That measly little $12 savings to me does very little to their profit margin. In fact, I would do much more harm to their profit margin if I sought out the buy-1-get-1 deals, martini specials, special events, etc. I'm still believing RCCL would still sell more packages and make more money in the end if they would include the waters, juices and specialty coffees.

PS... does anyone know if they have a riesling for a house wine?

I agree about all adults in a stateroom having to purchase the package. DH does not drink so I would never purchase the package when we cruise together.

From what I had read when the first introduced the package, this restriction was not in place. What happened, only one person from a couple was buying the package then sharing it with the other. Same as happens with the soda package, just at a higher cost. To alleviate this they put in the new restrictions where all in a cabin over 21 needed to purchase.

As usual those who try to "work the system" make it more expensive for the rest of of us.

Anyone who feels royal is putting this in for the passengers to save money needs to remember they are a company that is out to make money. I am sure they have done their research and will make much more on it than the passengers will save.

I agree with you 100%. If specialty coffees, juices, and bottled water are not included, I personally would not even consider this package. On the other hand, if RCCL monitors and reads these posts, maybe they will reconsider and include them. Otherwise, it is another $400 of potential revenue that RCCL could have had from me that I can now save to spend ashore on shopping and bars/restaurants at the beach.

I also agree 100%. I have had the premium alcohol package on Celebrity 4 times. The beauty of the package is that it includes all non-alcohol drinks and they can really really add up.

When you add up the large bottles of Pellegrino and cappuchinos or lattes it is really a great program. It is nice because you do not have the drink alcohol to "get your moneys worth".

Truthfully there were days I never had an alcohol drink until dinner at late seating and I still did fine.

Since Royal has been so reluctant to roll out the alcohol packages and there has been at least one well publicized alcohol related incident that resulted in a fatality on their ships (which could have happened on any cruise ship on any cruise line)..... I am shocked that they don't throw in the premium coffes, bottled teas, bottled waters, red bull, vitamin water, bottled juices, etc.....

It would seem to me that you would want your drinkers to be indulging in some non-alcohol drinks and not just ordering another "rum and coke" because it is "paid for". Also from a bottom line perspective, a human bladder can only take so much liquid in one day. Corporate should want me drinking cheaper items like bottles of water or soda rather than a Grey Goose Martini....... They make way more money on coffee and water than greygoose......

For me there is not a chance that I would take this package without the option of coffees and teas, waters and juices, and smoothies..........

I would gladly pay over $400.00 for the all inclusive concept, but I am not paying $400.00 and then have a $200.00 bar tab for coffees, waters and sodas.......

Edited by cherylroslyn