Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Come on. Really??

Point me to that thread over at the NCL board that backs this up with some proof!!!

I would if I could. I read threads about it immediately after the cruise. the threads became quite heated and I believe included highly inappropriate responses presumably from one the collegians invilved. consequently, main thread was deleted and other threads were scurbbed of most relevant posts by the CC moderators. though scrubbed, one could read between the lines on the roll call post cruise if one knew the background.

I remember the threads pretty well...I was shocked and relieved that we took our extended family on the cruise out of Tampa instead of the one out of Miami; it made quite an impression on me. I was not aboard to witness the behavior, so I admit the reports could have been exaggerated...Still, overall I believed the poster witnessed alcohol fueled bad behavior on that specific cruise. I hope Royal Caribbean can and does prevent this.

My neighbours were aboard this cruise also. They went with their 3 young daughters. My neighbour said you could not get near the pools because of the drunk spring breakers. She also said there was a lot of inappropriate sexual behaviour. It is too bad this was her first family cruise. She said she would not cruise again.

Thanks for the back-up.

I am on the Allure today and it is true! $55 per person plus 15% gratuity. Both of us had to do it.

Includes: all house wine, beers (under $6.25), fountain soda, well, call or premium brands of liquor and frozen drinks.

Excludes: room service, specialty coffee, mini bar, canned soda, bottled water, and bottled juices.

House wine? Does that mean LaTerre?

You would need to drink 6 martinis to break even everyday of the cruise. More power to you if you can stand after 6 martinis a day!:D

Well I can do 2 at 9-10 each. Add that to the morning Bloody Mary at the pool. A few Corona's, wine at dinner. It would work. For DH, no, he only drinks beer and not that much and I rarely drink at home. :p

Edited by janetz

Come on. Really??

Point me to that thread over at the NCL board that backs this up with some proof!!!

I didn't think I'd find much, but even after scrubbing by mods there is some info on the old roll call. Here's a link...At least read 589, 591, 594. I did not know it before, but at the end of the roll call there is a question raised as to whether the drink package was sold or pulled. Gratefully, I was not there, so I do not know.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1512727&page=30

We did it on Celebrity this past February and loved it! So happy it will be available on our next Freedom cruise! It was great knowing what our bill would be ahead of time, and since it is good for fancy coffees, virgin drinks (which cost almost as much as leaded, but I don't drink much in the heat of the day), and soda, we found it very worth it. Hooray!

We did it on Celebrity this past February and loved it! So happy it will be available on our next Freedom cruise! It was great knowing what our bill would be ahead of time, and since it is good for fancy coffees, virgin drinks (which cost almost as much as leaded, but I don't drink much in the heat of the day), and soda, we found it very worth it. Hooray!

Oops no fancy coffee on RC. We'll still probably do it, though. Odd that they seem to include all premium booze, but only house wine.

I'm really disappointed that the speciality coffee, bottled water and juices aren't included. We always said we would love the chance to buy a drinks package on RCI if they had one as we loved the package on Celebrity, but will now have to give it some thought.

I didn't think I'd find much, but even after scrubbing by mods there is some info on the old roll call. Here's a link...At least read 589, 591, 594. I did not know it before, but at the end of the roll call there is a question raised as to whether the drink package was sold or pulled. Gratefully, I was not there, so I do not know.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1512727&page=30

thank you.

But I can gather-alcohol package or not-these people were going to be like that drink package or not. They were stil being foolish after the cruise on a roll call!!!:eek:

Thinking that all people will act this way when given the opportunity to purchase an AI type package is not the way to judge.

As per the package. I do hope, in time, it would mirror Celebrity and not make all in the cabin have to purchase it. Myself-I would possibly still purchase on my next cruise but not for all in our stateroom.

Edited by Debde

thank you.

But I can gather-alcohol package or not-these people were going to be like that drink package or not. They were stil being foolish after the cruise on a roll call!!!:eek:

Thinking that all people will act this way when given the opportunity to purchase an AI type package is not the way to judge.

As per the package. I do hope, in time, it would mirror Celebrity and not make all in the cabin have to purchase it. Myself-I would possibly still purchase on my next cruise but not for all in our stateroom.

LOL, maybe one or two were inebriated while foolishly posting after the cruise. At least you know I did not make up that outrageous stuff.

Oh, I totally agree that most people will not behave that way, drink package or not. Hopefully, RCI can manage it well, even during spring break and such.

I am unlikely to purchase it if only house wines are included...I can plenty get those wines in the DL.

I am on the Allure today and it is true! $55 per person plus 15% gratuity. Both of us had to do it.

Includes: all house wine, beers (under $6.25), fountain soda, well, call or premium brands of liquor and frozen drinks.

Excludes: room service, specialty coffee, mini bar, canned soda, bottled water, and bottled juices.

Hi there, did it include Martinis and champagne cocktails etc?

I am going on a 5 day, so wondering it will be the same price of $55 for a shorter cruise....prob won't be worth it otherwise, but maybe you know? :)

Thanks

Yes for white and red. White zin is usually Beringer.

I think I'll pass on the house white and red.

I know wine is very subjective, but there has be other brands they can buy at the same price, or less, that taste better.

I really enjoyed the package Celebrity offered, the wine allowance for even the basic package was I think $8 a glass, they offer several wines under that price that are actually (to me) enjoyable.

Edited by bradpole

If all they're offering for wine is LaTerre, I'm OUT. Let's face it, they have trouble giving the stuff away!

If all they're offering for wine is LaTerre, I'm OUT. Let's face it, they have trouble giving the stuff away!

If anyone on Majesty could let me know if they are introducing this package that would be great, Also if they made everyone in the room purchase it. Going on a cruise in mid december an I would definitely get this package, even if just to not worry about how much I was spending, plus I think it would be worth it for me

Ok, I would seriously consider this IF it includes the specialty coffees and teas, juices and so forth like Celebrity's packages do. If it does not, then no because neither me nor my hubby would drink that much alcohol all day. We both like wine, but NOT house wine. We both love coffee and would utilize that portion of the package if it were there.

I guess I don't understand why they wouldn't make the packages mirror one another. Celebrity and RC are owned by the same corporation. I will hold my decision until the official word from RC is out on exactly how this will works and what it will include.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up on this. I appreciate the information. :p

Ok, so now I think I had a "blonde" moment.....This would be $55/day right?

Was thinking of per week...duh.....

So with tax it would be approx $63/day, then tips??? Hmmmmm. Def not worth it to me. Even with free cocktails in Diamond /concierge lounge, I would still prob only drink <$40/day incl tax n tips..... Like the concept tho.

Sorry if this is a repost but the cookie cutter response im getting is…

Royal Caribbean International is now offering three alcoholic beverage package options on select ships, giving guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise vacation. Below is an overview of these options:

-The Beer Package

$29.00 per guest per day

All beer brands are included in this package, as well as a 25% discount on cocktails and wines.

-The Classic Package

$39.00 per guest per day

Included in this package are all beer brands, as well as frozen drinks and cocktails in the house and call brand categories. A 25% discount is offered on all premium and specialty brand liquors, as well as all wines.

-The Premium Package

$49.00 per guest per day

The premium brand liquors are included in this package, as well as frozen drinks and champagne cocktails. All beer brands and wines by the glass up to $10.00 are included as well. A 25% discount is offered on specialty liquor brands, as well as wines by the bottle and glasses of wine priced over $10.00.

Presently, the alcoholic beverage packages are only available onboard the Independence of the Seas, the Grandeur of the Seas and the Legend of the Seas. Kindly note that packages are not able to be pre-purchased, and prices are subject to change without notice.

If they run the same prices as the european sailings then its a decent deal I would say, 5 drink of the days and youve had your moneys worth

I think I'll pass on the house white and red.

I know wine is very subjective, but there has be other brands they can buy at the same price, or less, that taste better.

I really enjoyed the package Celebrity offered, the wine allowance for even the basi package was I think $8 a glass, they offer several wines under that price that are actually (to me) enjoyable.

I agree with your comments about wine. DH and I drink red wine. To me the LaTerre is inconsistent, but never good. Sometimes we find either LeTerre cab or merlot drinkable. Other cruises it might be downright awful. the only time I tried LeTerre Chardonnay it was, to me, really bad...now that I have noticed a lot of variability in their reds, maybe I should sample the white again.

I think RCI could do better for the roughly the same price....there are even some box red wines that are better, IMHO, than than the best week of LeTerre...that would decrease the on board waste and they could serve from decanters.

I would do it, we spent about $100 per day for 2 people on our Alaska cruise, a couple of drinks in the afternoon, one before dinner, one at the show and always 3 or so while we got our butts kicked at trivia with new friends! It would be great if the package did include smoothies and specialty coffee.

Most drinks were $6 to $8 each, plus something for the bartender..yes, his tip was included but we like to give a little extra. I would like having it in the budget, & paid before we go.

More like the all inclusive feel, One less thing to think about after the bill comes at the end of the cruise!