What will Serenade look like after refit - Pics of Ships?

OnlyMe

We have literally just booked Serenade sailing in May next year. .. I have been doing some reading and searches but have failed to find photos of the refits - I would love to see what they have done with Serenades sister ships .. does anyone have any links to pictures post refit? Am especially interested in the pool area but would love to see any pics anyone has a link to please

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi harola, I would really appreciate if you could do that! The most thing I would like to see is the pool area and the pool area with the slide ... I 'think' they are separate areas .. if it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience for you.

I was hoping when I posted that someone might have pics of they already upgraded sister ships such as Radiance.

Thanks so much! And hope you have a wonderful cruise :)

Hello,

I'll take some pics and post here after my cruise. There will be a moviescreen at the open air pool and the pool with the slide is the solarium. I read that on other refurbished Radiancclass ships the solarium is smaller due to the creation of the park cafe. We are excited to be on a refurbished ship! Hope that all is ready and spic and span...

Greetings Carola

I would assume it is the same as the Radiance after it was redone. There should be lots of photos if you look on CC of the Radiance. No Samba Grill though, instead the Seaview Cafe will be Izumi.

We have literally just booked Serenade sailing in May next year. .. I have been doing some reading and searches but have failed to find photos of the refits - I would love to see what they have done with Serenades sister ships .. does anyone have any links to pictures post refit? Am especially interested in the pool area but would love to see any pics anyone has a link to please

Thanks in advance

Her sister ship Radiance has gone through the refurbishment and there are pitures out there. We were on the Radiance last Jan and she was wonderful.

Serenade will be almost nothing like Radiance. The pool area will be the same though with the movie screen and new decking material instead of AstroTurf.

The kiddy pool and slide remains where it is which is not a part of the main pool or solarium, so no worries there.

There will be staterooms added for about 60 more people which includes not only the new rooms on one side of the dining room but there will be interior balcony cabins just off the centrum from top to bottom. They will have a close up view of the aerial shows that will be in the centrum. The other small dining room on the other side will be the new card room and RC on line area. The R bar will replace the lobby bar and will have a dedicated mixologist who I don't feel at liberty to mention, but he has been selected.

The champagne bar will be removed and replaced with a Vintages wine bar. Rita's Cantina will be port side behind the WJ rather than starboard where it is on RD.

As stated, Izumi will replace SeaView. Chet's Table replaces the card room. Concierge and Diamond lounges will be as they are on RD. there will be no DogHouse. Park Cafe will be as on RD. the Pub replaces the Sports Bar. The cinema should stay.

I can't think of anything else too major. The photo studio should be modernized so you can find your pictures on a terminal easily. iPads may be available for rental.

Wifi was already working this past week in areas where it normally didn't work but will be all over the ship in just a few weeks.

Serenade will be almost nothing like Radiance. The pool area will be the same though with the movie screen and new decking material instead of AstroTurf.

The kiddy pool and slide remains where it is which is not a part of the main pool or solarium, so no worries there.

There will be staterooms added for about 60 more people which includes not only the new rooms on one side of the dining room but there will be interior balcony cabins just off the centrum from top to bottom. They will have a close up view of the aerial shows that will be in the centrum. The other small dining room on the other side will be the new card room and RC on line area. The R bar will replace the lobby bar and will have a dedicated mixologist who I don't feel at liberty to mention, but he has been selected.

The champagne bar will be removed and replaced with a Vintages wine bar. Rita's Cantina will be port side behind the WJ rather than starboard where it is on RD.

As stated, Izumi will replace SeaView. Chet's Table replaces the card room. Concierge and Diamond lounges will be as they are on RD. there will be no DogHouse. Park Cafe will be as on RD. the Pub replaces the Sports Bar. The cinema should stay.

I can't think of anything else too major. The photo studio should be modernized so you can find your pictures on a terminal easily. iPads may be available for rental.

Wifi was already working this past week in areas where it normally didn't work but will be all over the ship in just a few weeks.

Thanks for the update. Hope you enjoyed your cruises.

Are the new interior cabins going to be in places like the Yacht Club? Will they be like Promenade Rooms with a window? I hope adding these new cabins doesn't change the room numbers like it did on Rhapsody. Have you seen and "new" deck plans? I can't find any.

Wow, big changes.

We just got off Serenade 3+ weeks ago B2B in the Med. and no mention of the big changes........thanks for the info!

Liberty was getting the new wifi installed, when we were on it TA -B2B.

Thanks for the update. Hope you enjoyed your cruises.

Are the new interior cabins going to be in places like the Yacht Club? Will they be like Promenade Rooms with a window? I hope adding these new cabins doesn't change the room numbers like it did on Rhapsody. Have you seen and "new" deck plans? I can't find any.

Yes, the yacht club, library and business center. Allegedly they are to have actual balconies and not just windows like a promenade room. We'll see if that really works out. It just sounds like the plans vary greatly from what happened to Radiance.

Gina

Do you happen to know if it's true that there will no longer be an open-air area at the back of the Windjammer (below what is currently Seaview Cafe). This was our favourite place for breakfast/lunch on Jewel and we've booked Serenade for September and would be sorry if they don't have it

Thanks

Yes, the yacht club, library and business center. Allegedly they are to have actual balconies and not just windows like a promenade room. We'll see if that really works out. It just sounds like the plans vary greatly from what happened to Radiance.

Wow.....that will be quite different if it happens. Hope the new deck plans are available soon.....we're booked in May '13 and I don't want any surprises with room #'s.

That will certainly affect the traffic flow from port to starboard side. :eek:

The new deck plans are showing on the RCI website.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=SR&shipProfile=1480&sailDate=1121210&hasNavigation=false

The cabins Gina mentioned are on decks 10, 9 and 8. Other changes I see is the Library is on deck 6 next to Latte-tudes and RC Online is on deck 4 by the elevators. On deck 6 where the pool tables were it shows "Next Cruise". Next Cruise also shows where it had been on deck 12. Interesting??? does this mean no more pool tables?

There are hallways behind the new cabins on Deck 10, 9 and 8 so you can still get from one side of th ship to another.

Thanks Gina, for sharing first hand info on Serenade's changes. :)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=SR&shipProfile=1480&sailDate=1121210&hasNavigation=false

The cabins Gina mentioned are on decks 10, 9 and 8. Other changes I see is the Library is on deck 6 next to Latte-tudes and RC Online is on deck 4 by the elevators. On deck 6 where the pool tables were it shows "Next Cruise". Next Cruise also shows where it had been on deck 12. Interesting??? does this mean no more pool tables?

There are hallways behind the new cabins on Deck 10, 9 and 8 so you can still get from one side of th ship to another.

Thanks for the link. From the way the deck plans show those three cabins being oriented, it appears that the public areas have not been affected. The deck plans only show one cat Q cabin per deck, and they're oriented horizontally, so not at all sure where they'd put the balcony (if it was on the long edge of the cabin, it would be the largest balcony on any RCL ship:cool:)

I forgot to subscribe to this post so only seeing all the posts now.

I have searched for Radiance pictures but for some reason am not seeing any .. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

But by the sounds of things anyways it is going to be a good bit different.

Suzy - thank you very much for posting so much information!!

I will be sorry to see the Seaview Cafe go tbh .. our first ever cruise was on Radiance and we loved that place.

Can I ask, where is the pool with the slide - I can't seem to see it but am probably missing it on the deck plans?

How big is the pool do you know? Is it a case of going down the slide and then just into a small pool and basically move for the next person to come down or is it big enough to actually swim in? I'm not sure I'm even asking that right :o

On the Deck plans they seem to have either colour coded category L and K incorrectly (they seem to be switched) or they have actually swapped the Ks to Ls and vice versa? .. We are booked in connecting Category Ls at the moment.

I have searched for Radiance pictures but for some reason am not seeing any .. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I will be sorry to see the Seaview Cafe go tbh .. our first ever cruise was on Radiance and we loved that place.

Can I ask, where is the pool with the slide - I can't seem to see it but am probably missing it on the deck plans?

How big is the pool do you know? Is it a case of going down the slide and then just into a small pool and basically move for the next person to come down or is it big enough to actually swim in? I'm not sure I'm even asking that right :o

On the Deck plans they seem to have either colour coded category L and K incorrectly (they seem to be switched) or they have actually swapped the Ks to Ls and vice versa? .. We are booked in connecting Category Ls at the moment.

The slide is on deck 12 aft, behind the seaview cafe. It is only about 8 ft high and maybe 20 ft long, and dumps into the kiddie splash pool, so unless you're really, really teeny-tiny (think Emily Latella), nevermind:)

The slide is on deck 12 aft, behind the seaview cafe. It is only about 8 ft high and maybe 20 ft long, and dumps into the kiddie splash pool, so unless you're really, really teeny-tiny (think Emily Latella), nevermind:)

Thanks so much for that - I was looking for it on Deck 11 where the other pools are ....

I guess we will be trekking up and down a bit between Decks 11 & 12 with my little fella then .. Oh and yes, he's only 4 so little but not little enough to swim in it I'd say:)

We'll miss Seaview Cafe too.

I found a picture of the Pool and Slide and, like Orville 99 said, this one is on deck 12 behind Seaview Cafe.

3c_adventure_beach_3-397x512.jpg

That will certainly affect the traffic flow from port to starboard side. :eek:

That's what I said. They said people will just have to walk from forward starboard, around by the stairs, to the elevators. I guess that will greatly increase the traffic flow in front if the RS.

I'll believe it when I see it. I keep thinking they will change their minds before doing it.

But I understand the middle centrum stairs have already been ripped out along with the entire lobby bar and flooring. Yes, the lighted curved stairway is gone. I never would have believed they would get rid of that attractive feature of the centrum. It made for great group photos.

I had forgotten about that little side to side hall. People generally bypassed it to walk along the centrum for the view. Hopefully that hall will remain and be used. Maybe they will even skip the centrum balconies although that would decrease the room's value. I suppose a window would be as effective for viewing.

What you have said about the library is what I was told. I hadn't checked the on line deck plans but it sounds like they have been changed since I last saw them.

It seems pretty clear though that whatever changes end up being made, it won't be very similar to Radiance.

Archived