What will Serenade look like after refit - Pics of Ships?

OnlyMe

What does anyone think is the significance of the upward arrow after the number of the 3 shown new centrum cabins. I don't see it in the legend.

Also it was thought that the new family suite in place of the CL would be OV rather than balcony due to the tiny sized balcony on RD for that room. It appears there is still a sliver of balcony showing.

There is only one restaurant - Rita's -behind the WJ so the back open air seating should still be easily accessed.

It was also believed that Izumi would be built out as large as Samba is on RD. I still find that hard to believe since I think that Seaview doesn't have a large enough footprint for a paid venue.

The final outcome remains to be seen. It will be nice if a December cruiser tells us what really happened after it's all complete.

Can not see the new deck plans on UK site, plus I will be on her in January.

The UK website is a total pain in the *!#^ - always out of date and with far less info than the US site. The really annoying thing is that if you're browsing from the UK it will always revert to the UK site, even if you type .com into the address bar.

Someone on this site very helpfully pointed me in the direction of kproxy.com - type it into your address bar and then http://www.royalcaribbean.com into the search box and it will allow you to see the royal caribbean US site which is VERY different and much more informative)

The UK website is a total pain in the *!#^ - always out of date and with far less info than the US site. The really annoying thing is that if you're browsing from the UK it will always revert to the UK site, even if you type .com into the address bar.

Someone on this site very helpfully pointed me in the direction of kproxy.com - type it into your address bar and then http://www.royalcaribbean.com into the search box and it will allow you to see the royal caribbean US site which is VERY different and much more informative)

Cheers thanks

I had forgotten about that little side to side hall. People generally bypassed it to walk along the centrum for the view. Hopefully that hall will remain and be used. Maybe they will even skip the centrum balconies although that would decrease the room's value. I suppose a window would be as effective for viewing.

What you have said about the library is what I was told. I hadn't checked the on line deck plans but it sounds like they have been changed since I last saw them.

It seems pretty clear though that whatever changes end up being made, it won't be very similar to Radiance.

I think this is more akin to what happened at Celebrity with the Solsticization program. Connie got some added venues and a general makeover, meanwhile demand for certain Solstice Class features surged - especially Aqua Class and BLU. At the same time celebrity saw how the revamped spaces worked day to day and tweaked things for the other 3 ships.

Radiance was redone before the "Royal Advantage" makeover footprint had really taken hold. I'm sure RCI has looked closely at what worked and what hasn't in determining what venues, and where, to add to the other ships. Interestingly they are not adding any solo cabins on deck 4, Nor will there be a Samba grill or Boardwalk doghouse. The cost/benefit of these venues must not be there for RCI.

I do think during her next dry dock Radiance will be retrofitted with the R bar, Vintages, additional cabins by atrium, etc to bring her in line with her siblings.

The final outcome remains to be seen. It will be nice if a December cruiser tells us what really happened after it's all complete.

We will be on the Serenade for b2b cruises on Dec. 14 and 24. I have been surprised that no one has been discussing her refit yet, so was happy to find this thread.

I will post the change logistics on this thread - hopefully I can do it while onboard. We have been on the Jewel and Brilliance twice so we are familiar with the ships. (Although this will be our first time on the Serenade.)

We are staying on deck 7 on the hump, but will go check out the new cabins on 8, 9 and 10. I will let you know about the new restaurants. And we are booked for the Chef's Table on the 24th, so I can fill you in on that experience also! Hopefully the pool tables will still be there.

I am saddened to hear that they have taken out the lighted stairs in the Centrum. What a shame as it was a great focal point.

Linda

We will be on the Serenade for b2b cruises on Dec. 14 and 24. I have been surprised that no one has been discussing her refit yet, so was happy to find this thread.

I will post the change logistics on this thread - hopefully I can do it while onboard. We have been on the Jewel and Brilliance twice so we are familiar with the ships. (Although this will be our first time on the Serenade.)

We are staying on deck 7 on the hump, but will go check out the new cabins on 8, 9 and 10. I will let you know about the new restaurants. And we are booked for the Chef's Table on the 24th, so I can fill you in on that experience also! Hopefully the pool tables will still be there.

I am saddened to hear that they have taken out the lighted stairs in the Centrum. What a shame as it was a great focal point.

Linda

It will be great if you come back and tell us the final outcome. Maybe the stairs will be replaced with new improved prettier stairs. Take lots of pictures. Don't forget to show us Izumi both inside and out.

• 1 month later...
back from the first cruise after refit sorry its taken so long I am trying to get photos on for anyone interested.

Ship was beautiful best one we have been on so far everything was perfect no complaints at all

I hope ye had a wonderful cruise! I would absolutely love to see some photos if you get a chance please and also hear any thoughts you have on the ship / food / service etc etc if thats not asking too much

Hello to you all,

We had a wonderfull cruise on the Serenade. The ship is lovely, all spic and span with new carpets, touchscreens all around the ship, flatscreen tv in the cabins, WIFI, moviescreen at the poolarea. There is a beautiful center with a lot of entertainment and new venues like the R-bar and Vintages. Some new restaurants like Giovannis table, Uzimi, Ritas cantine, Park Cafe, Chefs table (highly recommended!) And the staff was great, very friendly.

I will try to get some pictures in this post. I think they are too large so I try to make them smaller.

Hello,

please let me introduce myself first:

I'm 25 and haven been cruising for 2 years with Royal Caribbean (Hawaii, 2x Transtlantic,2x Caribbean Sea). I'm from Germany and please apologize that my English is not always the best but i try to "update" it:-)

I read that all of you are waiting for pictures of the new Serenade ...me too!!!And i have found a few one in a German forum!! Here is the link!

I think the pictures are wonderful!!!

http://www.shipedia.eu/forum/7-royal-caribbean-int/31358-live-von-der-serenade-die-neuigkeiten-nach-der-renovierung.html

the author writes that he want to post more pictures in a few days (i hope he will). At that moment he has only posted the "new" things on Serenade1

Have fun with the pictures!

annika

Thank you very much for posting those!! Does the slide go into a different pool than the one in the pics? .. I am trying to figure out where it ends and thought it was in to that pool but I don't see the end of it going in there:confused: .. Is that pool a kind of splash pool? It looks pretty small .. sorry - am a little confused with the set up there

It is a small kids pool and the slide ends just behind it, so not into the pool.

Great! So the pool in the pics the kids can swim in and theres a separate one for the slide ... thats exactly what I was trying to figure out - thank you!!

back from the first cruise after refit sorry its taken so long I am trying to get photos on for anyone interested.

Ship was beautiful best one we have been on so far everything was perfect no complaints at all

lisalovestoholiday,

I would love to see the pictures, especially of your cabin 1048, as we will be in the same Cabin this June.

Thanks

Archived