A note to platinum and diamond cruisers about luggage tags

NavarreCruiser

I am sure many of you are like I am and print your cruise documents out well in advance of your cruise. When we cruised in October on the Liberty, as diamond cruisers, our bag was not given priority handling. Apparently I had printed the luggage tag out too early, because it had a VIP logo on it but no FTTF circle. I just checked the tags for our next cruise on the Valor in December and those I had previously printed also lacked a FTTF circle.

When I accessed my documents today the circle was on the tag. Of course i reprinted them. For those of you sailing on the ships that have just implemented FTTF check your tags.

I got a free blank tag at the port.. and my luggage was still there quite early.

I dont know what is priority handling for luggage.. Ive never used it before, since I always use the free tags and never had a problem getting my luggage fairly early.

Is luggage priority a new perk?

So, if you print out the tags.. how much does it help time wise getting your luggage?

It never crossed my mind it mattered to be honest.. as I never had a problem.

I got a free blank tag at the port.. and my luggage was still there quite early.

I dont know what is priority handling for luggage.. Ive never used it before, since I always use the free tags and never had a problem getting my luggage fairly early.

Is luggage priority a new perk?

Its a FTTF PERK

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2012/10/09/what-is-the-quot-faster-to-the-fun-quot-program-fttf.aspx

Here’s what it includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane. The quicker you are on the ship, the quicker you get to hold a frosty drink.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Things to Remember

The FTTF price is not per person. The $49.95 price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits.

After purchasing FTTF package, please re-print their boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on their documents. Have FUN!

FTTF can only be purchased pre-cruise on Carnival.com; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard.

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun!

Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members and Suite guests will be the only guests to have access to the VIP lounge at embarkation, just as they are today. FTTF guests will not have this benefit, so embarkation will not be impacted in the VIP lounge.

Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will START with Diamond, Platinum VIFP Club members when embarkation begins. Then we will board FTTF guests.

The number of people who may purchase FTTF will be capacity controlled based upon the number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members booked for the sailing. If a sailing has a significant number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members, then we won’t plan to sell many FTTF packages. Conversely, if there are very few Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members on a particular sailing, then we will be able to sell a few more FTTF packages.

Sailing tomorrow on the Splendor. Just checked my tags. No FTTF only VIP printed on them.

Either the Splendor doesn't have the FTTF yet OR both VIP and FTTF are supposed to get their luggage delivered early.

Its a FTTF PERK

Yes, I know its a FTTF perk.. but what I asked..

#1 do diamond and platinum get this perk too? i.e. are diamond and platinum automatically FTTF too?

#2.. if you know.. how much difference does it make in when you get your luggage.

I read thru what you posted .. and doesnt answer my questions, just says VIP and then FTTF board and that FTTF gets priority luggage.. Im as confused as ever after your reply.

Sailing tomorrow on the Splendor. Just checked my tags. No FTTF only VIP printed on them.

Either the Splendor doesn't have the FTTF yet OR both VIP and FTTF are supposed to get their luggage delivered early.

or .. VIP does not get luggage priority?

Im still trying to find out why people are posting that platinum and diamond get luggage priorty. I know their cabins are supposed to be ready early (mine was on both conquest and Magic recently).

but Im asking how people know they get luggage priority with being platinum/diamond.

I am sure Im behind the times and missed this when it was announced.

I, too, had looked my luggage tags last week when it was announced that Dream was going to have FTTF effective 11/10 and we are sailing 11/24. No FTTF info then, but earlier today I checked and sure enough the FTTF is on there with the VIP also.

I will be glad to get our luggage early as we usually get to the port about 10:30 and I think it's because we are there so early, our luggage doesn't get delivered until about 4:30 or 5. Now, it will be there much sooner and I love the idea of being able to drop off the carryon bag.

#1 do diamond and platinum get this perk too? i.e. are diamond and platinum automatically FTTF too?

#2.. if you know.. how much difference does it make in when you get your luggage.

I read thru what you posted .. and doesnt answer my questions, just says VIP and then FTTF board and that FTTF gets priority luggage.. Im as confused as ever after your reply.

Yes. If you cruise a ship that offers FTTF you automatically get those perks. If its a ship without you'd just receive all the other VIP perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Yes. If you cruise a ship that offers FTTF you automatically get those perks. If its a ship without you'd just receive all the other VIP perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

OK thanks.. I usually only do carry on, but last time I did have more and checked a bag on both cruises.

I wasnt aware it would mean I would get my suitcase earlier.

YES, Platinum and above enjoy all the benefits of FTTF

or .. VIP does not get luggage priority?

Im still trying to find out why people are posting that platinum and diamond get luggage priorty. I know their cabins are supposed to be ready early (mine was on both conquest and Magic recently).

but Im asking how people know they get luggage priority with being platinum/diamond.

I am sure Im behind the times and missed this when it was announced.

Firefly,

Here is a link that describes the excursion. As you can see the note near the beginning says VIFP Platinum and Diamond get these perks. Isn't life great. Just hope th Breeze gets it by the time we sail in April.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/101031

Sharon

My Sensation luggage tags for next weeks cruise on the 8th now has FTTF logo on it. Boarding pass has just the VIP. For a short cruise I don't normally check a bag, but I may check it just so I don't have to lug it around and the fact that its "supposed" to make it to the room in short order.

Copied from another CC thread:

News on the Faster To The Fun Program. The program will be introduced on Carnival’s three Port Canaveral, Fla.-based ships -- Carnival Ecstasy on Nov. 5, Carnival Sensation Nov. 8 and Carnival Dream Nov. 10 – as well as its two ships homeported in Galveston, Texas, the Carnival Triumph on Nov. 15 and Carnival Magic on Nov. 18.

cheers

SOOO, if we are Platinum, we get the "stateroom being ready as soon as you board" too? That would be nice to walk right on the ship and straight to your cabin :) Or, only for the FTTF ships....is the Fascination a "FTTF" ship?

I boarded Conquest before 11:30 and was unsure of all this stuff so we went staight to the cabin.. and sure enough ours was ready .. and the door locked, so we put our stuff away and then went to eat lunch.

Magic I boarded too late to know...but our cabin was ready early on Conquest who didnt have FTTF yet as far as I know.. cabin stewards are getting platinum and above cabins ready early before FTTF?

Our cabin was right by the door to the outside decks on deck 10 .. so we were not wandering around very far, just in and out of the door right by the outside decks.

Just checked the luggage tags for my upcoming Valor cruise and, sure enough, there's a FTTF on them now. I reprinted the tags. Thanks for the heads up!

Iv'e been trying all morning to print my tags and boarding pass. No Luck. anyone else having trouble?

I, too, had looked my luggage tags last week when it was announced that Dream was going to have FTTF effective 11/10 and we are sailing 11/24. No FTTF info then, but earlier today I checked and sure enough the FTTF is on there with the VIP also.

I will be glad to get our luggage early as we usually get to the port about 10:30 and I think it's because we are there so early, our luggage doesn't get delivered until about 4:30 or 5. Now, it will be there much sooner and I love the idea of being able to drop off the carryon bag.

Hi Katie, we are also on the 11/24 Dream cruise. After reading your post, I checked our luggage tags and sure enough the FTTF was now on them....can't get here soon enough!

Hi Katie, we are also on the 11/24 Dream cruise. After reading your post, I checked our luggage tags and sure enough the FTTF was now on them....can't get here soon enough!

It's not long now until we board. Are you going to the Meet N Greet cocktail party? It should be fun!

Iv'e been trying all morning to print my tags and boarding pass. No Luck. anyone else having trouble?

Mine came out all gobble-de-gook. Cabin # was wrong, ship name was DXCVBLM. Second printing no problem.

On my September cruise I didn't get my luggage any faster and I'm platinum.

Archived