Back from the Oasis 10/27 My eyes, my eyes!!!!

A few months ago someone wrote about a woman changing in the solarium on Oasis. I suspect that some Europeans just look at the pool deck and solarium as they would as being at the beach and they just do what comes naturally in their cultures.

I don't think this has much to do with cultural differences. The guy was an old fashioned flasher and the fact he continued to harass you indicates he had other issues too. Security probably didn't have a clue what to do with him!

A few months ago someone wrote about a woman changing in the solarium on Oasis. I suspect that some Europeans just look at the pool deck and solarium as they would as being at the beach and they just do what comes naturally in their cultures.

I completely agree but after being told a few times to change in his room or restroom then it becomes a problem.

SO sorry Dawn this happened to you and your friend. Some people have no class as all (we call it NCAA). :(

It may be ok in Europe but it's not OK on a cruise ship sailing out of the US. If you aren't sure then you should ASK as a travelere before you expose your 'uglies' to the world. :eek: I would have been very ticked had I had small children with me as they would have thought this was acceptable behavior. Do you think he saw the brig at all on this one? (I mean he did do it repeatedly)

'Uglies' indeed !! Mine are beautiful and gold plated !!! Ha ha ha

Now, that's entertainment! :eek::D

Actually, it reminded me of long, long ago when I went to Paris on a college CODOFIL trip (an exchange program Louisiana did to encourage French and French culture). Anyway, this girl had barely picked herself up from the turnip truck, but was lucky enough to find two good friends from New Orleans who were MUCH more worldly than I was. One afternoon we were traveling back to our apartment on the Metro. It was rush hour, and standing room only. We found the last 3 little jump seats, and thought we were lucky until the man who was standing inches in front of our faces opened the trench coat to reveal it all. I was totally struck dumb, but not my two girlfriends: they both burst into gales of laughter, which flustered the flasher so much that he slammed the coat back together and got away from us as fast as he could.

It's amazing what laughter can do for you!! ;)

I thought I saw it all on a cruise but apparently not so much. Let me start by saying we had a great time on this ship. I love the Oasis and Allure. There is so much to see and do. Weather was perfect everyday. We went to Giovanni's Table twice and Chops once. Both were very good. Main dining room food was decent. Nothing spectacular but edible. Keep in mind that my exceptions are probably a lot lower than some people.

We stayed in cabin 6282. Perfect location, bed near the balcony. We had no issues with AC either.

OK so now for the fun stuff - Day 2 my friends and I went to the beach pool to bask in the sunshine and have a few drinks. A man and his son took the 2 chairs in front of us. I noticed he had his swimsuit in his hand. Just as that thought went through my head, he whips off his shorts and is standing there in his tighty whiteys. As I tap my friend to say "what the heck is this guy doing?", he whips off his tighty whiteys!! :eek: We saw all his family jewels!!! I can pick him out of a line up!! He put on his bathing suit then tossed his underpants on the lounger and took the son somewhere. We were in shock. About an hour later he comes back and changes back to his shorts :eek: He was kind enough to leave the bathing suit rolled up on the lounger along with his underpants as he went off again. We informed a pool attendant of what was going but he was not at his lounger long enough for us to get security. This happened 4 times that day.

Next day he was kind enough to do it again right in front of my friend. This time security said that he couldn't change on the pool deck. He didn't listen. He continued to change in front of everyone. Not only that but he knew that we reported him so he would seek us out and try to intimidate us. After a few days of this behavior, we filed a report with ships security. Not so much for us (I've seen it all before) but because there were small children around. Security finally carted him off one day and he came back muttering to himself. He kept it hidden the rest of the cruise. It was hard to catch him. Not only was he exposing himself, he was a chair hog.

Needless to say, it became a running joke through out the cruise.

I know this wasn't exactly a great review. If you have any questions, ask away and I will try my best to answer them.

That is pretty hilarious!! Tops our first cruise in 1994 where we saw a guy from Europe and he was in a thong. Every time he bent over, you say EVERYTHING!!

SO sorry Dawn this happened to you and your friend. Some people have no class as all (we call it NCAA). :(

It may be ok in Europe but it's not OK on a cruise ship sailing out of the US. If you aren't sure then you should ASK as a travelere before you expose your 'uglies' to the world. :eek: I would have been very ticked had I had small children with me as they would have thought this was acceptable behavior. Do you think he saw the brig at all on this one? (I mean he did do it repeatedly)

It's not ok in Europe either. A man exposing himself in public like that would be breaking the law in most countries. What there is in Continental Europe is nudist beaches and obviously there it would be normal. Topless females would be fairly common on beaches.

Not early. He managed to find us no matter where we were. :p

And yes I do know what he looked like above the waist. On the last day, he was in front of us when we debarked the ship. :eek: Yes he was clothed ;)

Too bad you didnt get 1 last look. But we are sure its in your memory bank.

but had to drop the case for lack of "evidence."

I used to like in a nice apartment community where the pool was often frequented by a tiny older guy who wore a skimpy pair of Speedos that were baggy in the rear but VERY obviously enhanced in the front. I know this because he once had to adjust the escaping enhancement - it looked like a balloon animal! And no, it was NOT the Speedo's interior liner.

Hi everyone! Dawn's roommate here (yes Merion Mom, the one who made the not-very-eloquent statement when I was shocked by seeing the family jewels on the Oasis). :p

What was really funny was seeing how more and more people had the misfortune of seeing this guy expose himself as the days went on. The first time he did it on the pool deck, there weren't many people out yet, but by the 3rd and 4th time that he did it that day you could see more and more people discreetly pointing, shaking their heads, and some were laughing out loud (yes, I was one of them). :D

Most of the ship's staff were very understanding of why this was a concern (because there were young children around), but there was one pool attendant who tried to blow us off and said "oh he's probably just European". My thoughts are that with a ship that holds 6000+ guests, I'm sure he isn't the only European on here - but he is the only one that keeps freeing willy on the pool deck!!!

I will say, this guy was the source of many laughs during the week!!! We made friends with several people who were also unlucky enough to have witnessed this guy's antics, and hearing them describe what they saw was hysterical!

I thought I saw it all on a cruise but apparently not so much. Let me start by saying we had a great time on this ship. I love the Oasis and Allure. There is so much to see and do. Weather was perfect everyday. We went to Giovanni's Table twice and Chops once. Both were very good. Main dining room food was decent. Nothing spectacular but edible. Keep in mind that my exceptions are probably a lot lower than some people.

We stayed in cabin 6282. Perfect location, bed near the balcony. We had no issues with AC either.

OK so now for the fun stuff - Day 2 my friends and I went to the beach pool to bask in the sunshine and have a few drinks. A man and his son took the 2 chairs in front of us. I noticed he had his swimsuit in his hand. Just as that thought went through my head, he whips off his shorts and is standing there in his tighty whiteys. As I tap my friend to say "what the heck is this guy doing?", he whips off his tighty whiteys!! :eek: We saw all his family jewels!!! I can pick him out of a line up!! He put on his bathing suit then tossed his underpants on the lounger and took the son somewhere. We were in shock. About an hour later he comes back and changes back to his shorts :eek: He was kind enough to leave the bathing suit rolled up on the lounger along with his underpants as he went off again. We informed a pool attendant of what was going but he was not at his lounger long enough for us to get security. This happened 4 times that day.

Next day he was kind enough to do it again right in front of my friend. This time security said that he couldn't change on the pool deck. He didn't listen. He continued to change in front of everyone. Not only that but he knew that we reported him so he would seek us out and try to intimidate us. After a few days of this behavior, we filed a report with ships security. Not so much for us (I've seen it all before) but because there were small children around. Security finally carted him off one day and he came back muttering to himself. He kept it hidden the rest of the cruise. It was hard to catch him. Not only was he exposing himself, he was a chair hog.

Needless to say, it became a running joke through out the cruise.

I know this wasn't exactly a great review. If you have any questions, ask away and I will try my best to answer them.

That guy sounds like a raving pervet!!! Shouldn't have taken security so long to act...:mad:

Archived