Back from the Oasis 10/27 My eyes, my eyes!!!!

I thought I saw it all on a cruise but apparently not so much. Let me start by saying we had a great time on this ship. I love the Oasis and Allure. There is so much to see and do. Weather was perfect everyday. We went to Giovanni's Table twice and Chops once. Both were very good. Main dining room food was decent. Nothing spectacular but edible. Keep in mind that my exceptions are probably a lot lower than some people.

We stayed in cabin 6282. Perfect location, bed near the balcony. We had no issues with AC either.

OK so now for the fun stuff - Day 2 my friends and I went to the beach pool to bask in the sunshine and have a few drinks. A man and his son took the 2 chairs in front of us. I noticed he had his swimsuit in his hand. Just as that thought went through my head, he whips off his shorts and is standing there in his tighty whiteys. As I tap my friend to say "what the heck is this guy doing?", he whips off his tighty whiteys!! :eek: We saw all his family jewels!!! I can pick him out of a line up!! He put on his bathing suit then tossed his underpants on the lounger and took the son somewhere. We were in shock. About an hour later he comes back and changes back to his shorts :eek: He was kind enough to leave the bathing suit rolled up on the lounger along with his underpants as he went off again. We informed a pool attendant of what was going but he was not at his lounger long enough for us to get security. This happened 4 times that day.

Next day he was kind enough to do it again right in front of my friend. This time security said that he couldn't change on the pool deck. He didn't listen. He continued to change in front of everyone. Not only that but he knew that we reported him so he would seek us out and try to intimidate us. After a few days of this behavior, we filed a report with ships security. Not so much for us (I've seen it all before) but because there were small children around. Security finally carted him off one day and he came back muttering to himself. He kept it hidden the rest of the cruise. It was hard to catch him. Not only was he exposing himself, he was a chair hog.

Needless to say, it became a running joke through out the cruise.

I know this wasn't exactly a great review. If you have any questions, ask away and I will try my best to answer them.

I thought I saw it all on a cruise but apparently not so much. Let me start by saying we had a great time on this ship. I love the Oasis and Allure. There is so much to see and do. Weather was perfect everyday. We went to Giovanni's Table twice and Chops once. Both were very good. Main dining room food was decent. Nothing spectacular but edible. Keep in mind that my exceptions are probably a lot lower than some people.

We stayed in cabin 6282. Perfect location, bed near the balcony. We had no issues with AC either.

OK so now for the fun stuff - Day 2 my friends and I went to the beach pool to bask in the sunshine and have a few drinks. A man and his son took the 2 chairs in front of us. I noticed he had his swimsuit in his hand. Just as that thought went through my head, he whips off his shorts and is standing there in his tighty whiteys. As I tap my friend to say "what the heck is this guy doing?", he whips off his tighty whiteys!! :eek: We saw all his family jewels!!! I can pick him out of a line up!! He put on his bathing suit then tossed his underpants on the lounger and took the son somewhere. We were in shock. About an hour later he comes back and changes back to his shorts :eek: He was kind enough to leave the bathing suit rolled up on the lounger along with his underpants as he went off again. We informed a pool attendant of what was going but he we not at his lounger long enough for us to get security. This happened 4 times that day.

Next day he was kind enough to do it again right in front of my friend. This time security said that he couldn't change on the pool deck. He didn't listen. He continued to change in front of everyone. Not only that but he knew that we reported him so he would seek us out and try to intimidate us. After a few days of this behavior, we filed a report with ships security. Not so much for us (I've seen it all before) but because there were small children around. Security finally carted him off one day and he came back muttering to himself. He kept it hidden the rest of the cruise. It was hard to catch him. Not only was he exposing himself, he was a chair hog.

I know this wasn't exactly a great review. If you have any questions, ask away and I will try my best to answer them.

I don't know, Dawn. As far as I am concerned, that was the best darn review I have ever read!

:D

I hope you never go on a vacation in Europe :p. You gonna be shocked to death! Here, you see such things all the time. And most women bake in the sun without a bikini-top! :D

No I won't be because I understand that it's what Europeans do. However, when the cruise line says no stripping on the pool deck then all passengers should observe the rule. I'm not a prude. I've seen naked bodies. This guy refused to obey the rule and then proceeded to think it was to harass us whenever possible. Did it ruin my cruise? Heck no!! Did we laugh about it constantly? Heck yes!!

SO sorry Dawn this happened to you and your friend. Some people have no class as all (we call it NCAA). :(

It may be ok in Europe but it's not OK on a cruise ship sailing out of the US. If you aren't sure then you should ASK as a travelere before you expose your 'uglies' to the world. :eek: I would have been very ticked had I had small children with me as they would have thought this was acceptable behavior. Do you think he saw the brig at all on this one? (I mean he did do it repeatedly)

OK so now for the fun stuff - Day 2 my friends and I went to the beach pool to bask in the sunshine and have a few drinks. A man and his son took the 2 chairs in front of us. I noticed he had his swimsuit in his hand. Just as that thought went through my head, he whips off his shorts and is standing there in his tighty whiteys. As I tap my friend to say "what the heck is this guy doing?", he whips off his tighty whiteys!! :eek: We saw all his family jewels!!! I can pick him out of a line up!! He put on his bathing suit then tossed his underpants on the lounger and took the son somewhere. We were in shock. About an hour later he comes back and changes back to his shorts :eek: He was kind enough to leave the bathing suit rolled up on the lounger along with his underpants as he went off again. We informed a pool attendant of what was going but he was not at his lounger long enough for us to get security. This happened 4 times that day.

Glad you have a great cruise.

Gives the expression chair "hog", a whole new meaning.:eek:

Andrew

I see this on the beach here quite often. However they usually wrap a towel around their body first.Then you just see the wet swimsuit fall to their ankles. Under garments and shorts go on( or another dry suit) also wrapped. Quite frankly I don't how they do it and keep the towel from coming off. It's all very clever and smart. Staying in a wet swimsuit may cause all sorts of irritations and even urinary tract infections.

It may be ok in Europe but it's not OK on a cruise ship sailing out of the US. If you aren't sure then you should ASK as a travelere before you expose your 'uglies' to the world. :eek:

An observation:

Oasis and Allure may be sailing from the US but they have one of the highest percentage of international passengers of any US based ship/cruise line sailing in the Caribbean. When we sailed on the Allure, it was interesting to see so many nationalities and cultures come together and somehow, be mindful and accepting of each other. I'm actually surprised that we don't witness more cultural clashes when sailing on these ships (like the one the OP encountered).

I'm NOT trying to say that what the OP witnessed was OK. On the contrary. It all boils down to being aware of where you are in the world, educate yourself about what's customary and acceptable in the part of the world that you're visiting, and learn to follow those customs, something that Mr. Stripper didn't do. :o

And it goes both ways. Just like this guy should've been more aware of the culture here, we should be aware of what's acceptable and customary when we travel to other countries. Let this be a lesson of how foolish we can look when we assume that the way things are done in the US is the way things are done in the rest of the world.

Great post, thanks for the laugh!

How early did one have to get there in order to get a chair for the show?

Not early. He managed to find us no matter where we were. :p

And yes I do know what he looked like above the waist. On the last day, he was in front of us when we debarked the ship. :eek: Yes he was clothed ;)

Archived