Suitcase

Tapit

Definately unpack. There is plenty of drawers, closets, and other storage areas so you don't have to live out of the suitcase.

We usually unpack all of our stuff as soon as we get our luggage delivered. I guess that's our ritual.

Practically lived out of the duffle on one 8-nighter. Just hung a few things to get the wrinkles out, put the worn clothing in a trash bag, and stuffed that back in the duffle the last night. SOooo much easier! The epitome of laziness, but hey, I'm on vacation! :p

(I know, this is the response you were waiting for, right? So Go For It!!!)

I always unpack, depending on the length of the cruise a lot of times i bring extra hangers. I bring a trash bag for dirty laundry (I have forgotten and asked my room stewart for one) and i put the bag of dirty clothes in the suitecase. In most rooms you can fit the suitecase under the bed and not have to worry about it all week.

Unpack and put suitcase under bed! If its a short cruise don't take a suitcase and wear the same outfit!

Agreed - unpack

disagree - if you put your suitcase under the bed, you might be home a few unwanted critters, bedbugs, etc. Store your bag in the closet.....spray it when you get unpacked at home.

I always unpack our things. The only time we lived out of suitcase is when we traveled throughout Europe and might have visited 3 or 4 cities but only remained two or three nights at most in any one of them. About every 5th day, I'd rotate some of the clothes we had used to the bottom of the bag and pull the fresh things to the top. :)

We always unpack almost as soon as we get our bags. It makes me feel like we have arrived, and in fact I kind of enjoy it in a weird way. Maybe it is the nesting instinct. It's great to get everything settled in and homey.

Now repacking I hate!

We always have kept our suitcases under the beds with no problems, knock on wood. I don't want to take up closet space for them. I bring a pop-up hamper which corrals dirty clothes so nicely. I cannot put dirty clothes into my suitcse unless they are in a trash bag or something.

We always unpack as soon as our luggage arrives. It's a wonderful ritual. Once our "nesting" is done~ clothes put away, wine in the fridge, extra wine glasses from steward~ we are ready to relax and enjoy our cruise! :D

Practically lived out of the duffle on one 8-nighter. Just hung a few things to get the wrinkles out, put the worn clothing in a trash bag, and stuffed that back in the duffle the last night. SOooo much easier! The epitome of laziness, but hey, I'm on vacation! :p

(I know, this is the response you were waiting for, right? So Go For It!!!)

I like your post, and would have taken it to heart in my bachelor days.:p Now however WE unpack, but we don't cruise for less than 10 days, and it's much nicer for that length of time.:o

Unpack and organize once, repack and reorganize once. Even if just for a couple days. We use a rolling garment bag, so we don't even have a laundry bag (ziploc for unmentionables) we merely rehang them on the original hangers, push them to the back of the closet if unwearable and pack jut like we came, no wadded up laundry loads to squish into the case.

I roomed with my OCD Aunt once who wanted to live our of her suitcase for a long weekend. She drove me nuts as she was always digging around, having to unfold/refold/search. I asked her why she did it that way and she said she could find everything that way. I told her so could I, in the bathroom and closet, I'd get ready and put my feet up for another 15 minutes waiting for her to fuss around with it. I was repacked and ready to leave before she was.

The funny part was (this was a hotel, not a cruise) every afternoon they would come in, turn down my bed and leave chocolate, but never hers, as it had an open suitcase on top of it, she slept with her suitcase. She'd get upset about it and I told her to fasten her suitcase and leave in on the floor, but no... I'll never room with her again, it was so weird.

Unpack and organize once, repack and reorganize once. Even if just for a couple days. We use a rolling garment bag, so we don't even have a laundry bag (ziploc for unmentionables) we merely rehang them on the original hangers, push them to the back of the closet if unwearable and pack jut like we came, no wadded up laundry loads to squish into the case.

I roomed with my OCD Aunt once who wanted to live our of her suitcase for a long weekend. She drove me nuts as she was always digging around, having to unfold/refold/search. I asked her why she did it that way and she said she could find everything that way. I told her so could I, in the bathroom and closet, I'd get ready and put my feet up for another 15 minutes waiting for her to fuss around with it. I was repacked and ready to leave before she was.

The funny part was (this was a hotel, not a cruise) every afternoon they would come in, turn down my bed and leave chocolate, but never hers, as it had an open suitcase on top of it, she slept with her suitcase. She'd get upset about it and I told her to fasten her suitcase and leave in on the floor, but no... I'll never room with her again, it was so weird.

Hahaha!!! I guess every family has a "crazy" Aunt or Uncle! ;):D

Archived