*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

One more thing...they changed the time of our M&M from what was posted earlier in the week. Unfortunately we now have a problem with the cabin crawl and the M&M being at the same time. :(

Did you have a really large CC group? What time did they change it to. We had a problem with that on Serenade in Decrmber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're off...pretty much on time! We were up at the pool bar with some people from our roll call, but it's raining now so we're continuing sail away on our balcony.

We have more than 50 people signed up for the Cabin Crawl. We scheduled to meet at 10:15, but now the M&M is at 10:30. We'll meet as planned, and then just reverse the order. It will work out OK schedule wise, but it still irritates me that they changed it since I checked for the last time on Thursday.

I'm going to get off here now and go enjoy sailing away! :)

Hey everyone! It has been quite a while since I posted here.

I sailed on the Navigator at spring break and sadly, it was a big disappointment. We have been sailing Norwegian the last couple of years but grabbed an early balcony room before they figured out which week was S. B. on Navigator.

The service as as good as always, though the steward is invisible most of the time.

Chops was a major mess and I will NOT go back. It was not only not very good, but if you actually wanted a decent steak... you has a big up charge. Huh? I thought that was what the cover charge was for. Also... no ribeye or prime rib. Lots of choices for fish and chicken though. Not their finest hour.

The new "mexican" place was not bad.

The main dining (anytime for us) is at best O.K. My last meal was a fried fish platter. Though good, myself and DW both wondered when RCL started serving happy meals.

We were treated like trash in the Concierge on 9th floor and never went back. The lady in the diamond room (which was much better anyway for location) was a real peach. :D

The ship is just another Voyager Class ship, but still very nice.

I have to wonder if RCL is growing away from me. This was our 23 cruise with them and will now be very cautious on returning.

It was very disappointing to say the lest.

Well, hope everyone is well. We are booked on Norwegian next Thanksgiving and Spring Break out of Houston. Also booked B to B on Norwegian this summer in Alaska. Yup, still going to Alaska every summer. :rolleyes:

I think OLympia is good and we like to sit out on the water at Fisherman's wharf next door, have a drink and some shrimp kisses and watch from there.

I think that's where we've decided on. Next question is, are reservations necessary for a Sunday evening for a large party (10 people or so)?

I have to wonder if RCL is growing away from me. This was our 23 cruise with them and will now be very cautious on returning.

It was very disappointing to say the lest.

If the service was good, was it the food that was disappointing? Please elaborate.

Cindy, please post whether you get the 3 drink vouchers as well as lounge access. Also, I understand from another post that Ricardo was ill and off the ship either last week or the week before. Please advise if he is back and if not, who is filling in for him. Sure hope he is OK.

I'm not familiar with the drink vouchers. Is this a new perk for suite guests?

Galvestoncruiser and I just disembarked from day sail on the Elissa TallShip in Galveston.

We were out in the Gulf and the weather was wonderful.

The sun was even peaking thru at times.

Y'all enjoy your cruise:D

It was nice to see both cruise ships from water while we were coming back into port.

Wish we had been doing b2b!!!

Did you get all the sails up and a good heel going?:D

I'm not familiar with the drink vouchers. Is this a new perk for suite guests?

It's a program they are testing for Diamond and above members in Crown & Anchor. I could be wrong but I don't think it's been extended to suite guests.

Did you get all the sails up and a good heel going?:D

Absolutely:)

There were day sails every day. but Sunday was the only day ALL the sails were out. She was really cutting through the water:D

However, it was very sad to see all the oil booms along the jetties and the hundreds of workers in hazmat suits cleaning the area.

East beach and the seawall at the channel are still closed. So no access for anyone to see the ships go through the channel to the Gulf:(

Wow!!!

Cool new itineries from Galveston on Carnival!! Wish RCCL would follow suit!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/07/carnival-cruise-galveston-san-juan/7414731/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You beat me to it! I'm hoping it sells well and Royal will pay attention. Remember when they had 10 day ones down to the Canal?

Tucker in Texas

You beat me to it! I'm hoping it sells well and Royal will pay attention. Remember when they had 10 day ones down to the Canal?

Tucker in Texas

I have a B2B booked out of Fort Lauderdale on the Serenade for 2016... Would so much rather sail from Galveston!! Pay attention Royal!!! :-))

They are one-ways, unless you can take the time and do the return as well. Air fare from San Juan is brutal.

It is not complicated! Take a 30 day month....Run an 11 nighter, starting on a Monday. Gets Back on a Friday. Run another 11 nighter, gets back on a Sunday..and bingo you are back to the 7 day cruise pattern.

I sincerely believe that this will not happen due to onboard revenues. The longer cruises have an older client base, older base, probably reduced bar revenues and onboard sales. (no proof, so no bashing please) but older cruisers have been there, done that, so all the trinkets and trash sales would also be lower. It is a revenue driven business so the income would probably be reduced.

If it worked, Celebrity would still be in Galveston doing the 10 and 11 night cruises to do a partial Panama Canal. PS if you have never done the canal, it should be a bucket list item on your future cruises!

They are one-ways, unless you can take the time and do the return as well. Air fare from San Juan is brutal.

It is not complicated! Take a 30 day month....Run an 11 nighter, starting on a Monday. Gets Back on a Friday. Run another 11 nighter, gets back on a Sunday..and bingo you are back to the 7 day cruise pattern.

I sincerely believe that this will not happen due to onboard revenues. The longer cruises have an older client base, older base, probably reduced bar revenues and onboard sales. (no proof, so no bashing please) but older cruisers have been there, done that, so all the trinkets and trash sales would also be lower. It is a revenue driven business so the income would probably be reduced.

If it worked, Celebrity would still be in Galveston doing the 10 and 11 night cruises to do a partial Panama Canal. PS if you have never done the canal, it should be a bucket list item on your future cruises!

I agree, the one-way trips are iffy at best. The varied itineraries need to be RT Galveston. It would be a mess to fly home... your car is at the port in Galveston and you're now at the airport (or some similar logistic complications!) :(

But... I'd love that stop in Bonaire :) BTW, TEXASMUNK, beside Panama Canal, what are your other bucket list cruises?

I agree, the one-way trips are iffy at best. The varied itineraries need to be RT Galveston. It would be a mess to fly home... your car is at the port in Galveston and you're now at the airport (or some similar logistic complications!) :(

But... I'd love that stop in Bonaire :) BTW, TEXASMUNK, beside Panama Canal, what are your other bucket list cruises?

I think the best way would be to do a B2B.... 21 days. No flying anywhere! :-)

First, my question: Any recent Navigator pax note if the cigar bar is "manned"?

There has always been a waiter there to sell premium cigars and bring adult beverages....There was a post that said the room is "unmanned"

Bucket list: Return to Grenada, spend a day on Grand Anse Beach. PS, for those that do not know...all other beaches are tied for last place when Grand Anse Beach is mentioned.

And Navigator is staying until November 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad that we will have an RCCL ship at least thru Nov 15.

Guess this means Galveston hasn't started on all the upgrades to the terminal and channel that they promised.

Any word if the long term contract between RCCL and Galveston has been signed?

Glad that we will have an RCCL ship at least thru Nov 15.

Guess this means Galveston hasn't started on all the upgrades to the terminal and channel that they promised.

Any word if the long term contract between RCCL and Galveston has been signed?

Yay!! Cuz I got to score a great corner aft for Sept 2015!! So glad the Navi's staying a little longer.

I read "somewhere" when the news was first released, that the terminal would be complete in early 2016..... Late 2015 would make sense with the Navi leaving then.... Time will tell!