*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Per the Port of Galveston's press release from Jan 2014, RCCL and the port of Galveston just finalized a 5 year contract. Under the agreement RCCL will be sailing year round in 2014 and 2015 after that it is up in the air on whether or not its going to be year round or not. In the same press release the port said they expect to be done with the $10million expansion in spring 2015.

Edited by wreckem2013

Per the Port of Galveston's press release from Jan 2014, RCCL and the port of Galveston just finalized a 5 year contract. Under the agreement RCCL will be sailing year round in 2014 and 2015 after that it is up in the air on whether or not its going to be year round or not. In the same press release the port said they expect to be done with the $10million expansion in spring 2015.

The was never a comment about "up in the air".

The release states a two year commitment for a ship year around, with a five year commitment to dock at the port.

The expansion must be completed to ensure the current cruises from the port and for RCCL to bring a larger ship to Galveston,

Per the Port of Galveston's press release from Jan 2014, RCCL and the port of Galveston just finalized a 5 year contract. Under the agreement RCCL will be sailing year round in 2014 and 2015 after that it is up in the air on whether or not its going to be year round or not. In the same press release the port said they expect to be done with the $10million expansion

In the open public financial records of Port of Galveston,

in the Capital Investment Plan 2014-2015

$11,050,000 will be spent on Expansion and Improvements

to RCL Terminal #2

to be completed in April 2015.

Most likely they are behind schedule.

The contractual agreement is....

Galveston complete terminal FOR larger than RCL Voyager Class ship.

By agreement the terminal project is AREADY in process.

A larger ship is coming to Galveston! Which one?

As far as dredging RCL is not waiting on that!

Dredge maintenance on Houston and Galveston

Channels are ongoing projects.

Comparison of RCL Class Ships to Galveston Port Channel

Class ------Length Ft* ---Draft Ft

Voyager -----1021 -------29

Quantum ----1142 -------29

Freedom------1112 -------29

Oasis ----------1181 ------31

Galveston Port Channel

“Narrowest” Width -1200ft (it is much wider)

"Minimum" Depth ---45ft

* not at waterline and relative to turn around

Up the Galveston channel towards Houston Ship Channel is a turning basin,

between the Ferry Landing and Yacht Club.

Ships turn around there sometimes now.

There is presently ample width space and ample depth there.

Also see a web site about Marinas Texas,

that has an aerial view reflecting same ample space in Galveston Channel.

Edited by ssb

Hi all! We're having a great time and have been busy, busy, busy! For the most part I think the ship looks great, with a couple exceptions that I'll go into detail when we get home. We think the entertainment staff is phenomenal...some of the best we've had on any cruise.

Yesterday in Roatan we noticed that Owner's Suites and the Royal Suite still have nice chaise lounges on the balconies. The upper crust must not get drunk and fall off their chairs as much as the people in the low rent district!:eek:

It looks like you've heard the news that Navigator is staying through at least November 2015...they started advertising that yesterday morning.

We're going to book some more at 10:00.:)

That's 18 months from now, plenty of time to save for !! It looks like you've heard the news that Navigator is staying through at least November 2015...they started advertising that yesterday morning.

We're going to book some more at 10:00.:)

Booked corner aft 7388 yesterday for Sept 2015 as soon as I heard the news!!! YAY!! So excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The was never a comment about "up in the air".

The release states a two year commitment for a ship year around, with a five year commitment to dock at the port.

The expansion must be completed to ensure the current cruises from the port and for RCCL to bring a larger ship to Galveston,

It's up in the air whether they will continue to be in Galveston year round. What happens in 2016 depends how year round goes in 2014 and 2015. Clearly and it's clear in my post that royal will be in Galveston through 2019. But they are not locked into doing year round cruises after 2015, they could very easily go back to winter seasons only. They will only do year round if it makes sense. We'll see how this this summer goes.

Edited by wreckem2013

We're you able to book it for 2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yes, just two.

And I asked specifically.... "We can not be bumped from this cabin?"

She said "No!" She said this room does sleep three, but it doesn't have a "minimum" count of passengers. She said the Family suites do.

I told her I had heard of someone being bumped last minute out of this cabin & she said that "something" must have been mixed up or "someone" may have been mistaken about their reservation..... I told her that my booking this cabin was for the balcony only & I would NOT be happy if I got bumped from it. She said "it won't happen".

Better not, cuz my friends got 7688 & some other friends got 9692 all because of me!

We shall see....

O.K. I'm green.......Heeeeyyyyyy....that's our cabin:(

We're just gonna borrow it for a week...... we'll take good care of it. :D

Do you LOVE the cabin or the balcony?

What do I need to know to make it AWESOME for us.

Was wondering about the "Pullman bed" above the reg bed......... is that weird? Does it rattle or fit snuggly to the wall?

Do you usually just have two in the cabin? I saw recently on here... (somewhere) that someone was bumped because they only had two people.... Our RCCL rep I booked with said that would not happen with my booking.......... little worried about it. :eek:

O.K. I'm green.......Heeeeyyyyyy....that's our cabin:(

Becci - no, it is our cabin... lol. Actually have 7688 booked for 3 cruises. Hoping we like 7688 as well as 7388. I'll wave to you Sunday!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Becci - no, it is our cabin... lol. Actually have 7688 booked for 3 cruises. Hoping we like 7688 as well as 7388. I'll wave to you Sunday!

On this cruise.... Our friends have 7688 booked too! So we can go back & forth to enjoy the side views depending on how we are docked!

So while y'all are claiming this cabin.... Tell me all about it!! Tell me!! Tell me!!!

On this cruise.... Our friends have 7688 booked too! So we can go back & forth to enjoy the side views depending on how we are docked!

So while y'all are claiming this cabin.... Tell me all about it!! Tell me!! Tell me!!!

The cabin is a regular size E cabin, but the balcony is huge, measures around 20x24. Also these 2 balconies are the only aft balconies with a side view. Cons: there is a super structure that you have to look thru out the back so from aft can not look straight down to water and a very long walk to elevators. I'm sure you will hate it - that's why Becci and I claim these cabins because no one else will like the... lol

The cabin is a regular size E cabin, but the balcony is huge, measures around 20x24. Also these 2 balconies are the only aft balconies with a side view. Cons: there is a super structure that you have to look thru out the back so from aft can not look straight down to water and a very long walk to elevators. I'm sure you will hate it - that's why Becci and I claim these cabins because no one else will like the... lol

On the side of ship you can look straight down to water.

This is where the railings are and port hole on the side.

Ahh! Thanks for the insight! I'm sure we will hate it too! NOT!

Another burning question is how do you hang a hammock like in the picture I've seen online? Can't wait!!

On the side of ship you can look straight down to water.

This is where the railings are and port hole on the side.

Thanks! That will be perfect!!

We did a cabin crawl on tne Navigator back on the Feb 5th sailing. We saw the Royal Family Suite.... (I think.. on the same deck??) anyway, the view was great... Super structure & all!!

Thanks! That will be perfect!!

We did a cabin crawl on tne Navigator back on the Feb 5th sailing. We saw the Royal Family Suite.... (I think.. on the same deck??) anyway, the view was great... Super structure & all!!

We love the corner afts on 7.

Enjoy them for the balcony.

Do you LOVE the cabin or the balcony?

Balcony is outrageous!

What do I need to know to make it AWESOME for us.

Bring some kind of sound system and a hammock if you have one!!!!!!!

Was wondering about the "Pullman bed" above the reg bed......... is that weird? Does it rattle or fit snuggly to the wall?

Silent as the grave and our daughter used ours every night...no problem. Steward made it up and kept it shut as soon as we vacated it in the mornings.

Do you usually just have two in the cabin? I saw recently on here... (somewhere) that someone was bumped because they only had two people.... Our RCCL rep I booked with said that would not happen with my booking.......... little worried about it. :eek:

That won't happen, don't worry...just enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've posted this so many times I'm embarrassed but you asked:

View My Video

I've posted this so many times I'm embarrassed but you asked:

View My Video

Oh My Goodness!!! How cool is THAT?? Thanks for sharing your video!! This will be simply awesome!!!

Thanks again!!

Edited by SRV FAN

*waves to Becci*

I managed to snag your cabin for the BF and I for 2/8/15! :) It's his first-ever cruise, and he couldn't believe it when I showed him pics of a regular E1 balcony, and then the one we're going to have... :D I've loved having 1388, but am SO excited about finally getting this one!!

-gina-

*waves to Becci*

I managed to snag your cabin for the BF and I for 2/8/15! :) It's his first-ever cruise, and he couldn't believe it when I showed him pics of a regular E1 balcony, and then the one we're going to have... :D I've loved having 1388, but am SO excited about finally getting this one!!

-gina-

Congratulations for cabin

And you're son's achievement!