Champagne Breakfast

polynesia

We enjoyed our Champagne Breakfast a few cruises ago. We were able to substitute some of the items - my husband doesn't like quiche so we had omelettes. My only problem was that there is so much food on so many trays that are delivered all at once! We had food everywhere on the balcony including the floor!

While I'm glad we did it, I don't think I would do it again. We really like breakfast in the MDR instead.

It cost $32 which is the price for the half bottle of champagne which is like getting the breakfast for free. It has things like pastries, quiche, bagels & lox and fruit. Unlike the Ultimate Balcony Dinner all of the plates of food are delivered to your cabin at the same time & you call when you're ready to have them removed. We've enjoyed it & will do it on future cruises.

We had this on our last cruise. We invited our friends over to our balcony and the four of us had a great breakfast. I just ordered some extras with room service when I ordered the breakfast i.e. Orange juice, 2 pots of coffee and I substituted omelettes for the salmon. I also asked for glasses and cutlery for four.

Enjoy.

Another CC member posted a picture from last May.

And here's the menu description; I hear that it has not changed.

Heidsieck Monopole Champagne...half bottle

Pastries

Cold smoked salmon

comes with bagels, dill cream cheese and toasted lemon brioche

Fruits and berries

come with Clover honey Chantilly cream

Quiche Lorraine

comes with tomato and fontina cheese gratin

People say they were able to substitute (eggs instead of fish etc.) - We love lox and would not change a thing except to add a tablecloth.

Rick

ChampgnBreakfast.jpg.67e7888c9b1ef76dc86b14743633b014.jpg

• 1 month later...

does anyone know if you have to give a specific date you want to have the brekkie on when booking? thinking of getting this as a gift for my parents who are sailing later this month but havent got a clue what they have got planned for what day. can i just book it and they can decide on a date when they get onboard?

also has anyone got the number or email address to book this?

thanks

does anyone know if you have to give a specific date you want to have the brekkie on when booking? thinking of getting this as a gift for my parents who are sailing later this month but havent got a clue what they have got planned for what day. can i just book it and they can decide on a date when they get onboard?

also has anyone got the number or email address to book this?

thanks

You should be able to call the UK phone number to pre-pay for it & they'd have a card in their cabin at embarkation with instructions on how to reserve a date & time. If they call room service the night before that should be plenty of time to enjoy it the next morning.

Unlike the UBD which is limited to a couple per night the Champagne Breakfast is more readily available.

would this be the 0845 075 0031 number?

if i decided to do the ultimate balcony dinner instead would it be the same, ie they'll get a card saying its been paid and that they can call to book a time?

Yes they just call the dine line. They do a limited number of the dinners so your parents would want to book asap to get the date they want.

They should follow the procedure that Liz54 posted & if that's the Princess UK phone number that's where I'd start.

Archived